Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Employee pay for damages?

If you mistakenly destroyed some I see no reason why you should say the employee will have to pay
But when the employees destroy something intentionally then he or she has to pay
But to retain some employee you have to tolerate as a manager

Advertisement Placeholder
This is somewhat technical, okay, but technically they shouldn't because they are also parts and parcel of the organization but in any case if it part of company's policy then they must pay.

The cost of damages should be deducted from employees monthly salary. I see nothing bad in it. I mean everyone should be responsible for each of their actions either intentional or by mistakes .
Really? i don't think this is the best, the circumstances around the damage should determine the type of punishment the employee will get, if it's by accident then it should be overlooked, but if it's out of negligence or deliberate act, such employee should pay for it'

If your business suffers a monetary loss because a salaried employee breaks a piece of equipment, you cannot deduct charges from his paycheck to cover the cost of the equipment. Because your employee is salaried, he is receiving a regular, predetermined salary on a “guaranteed basis.” Making regular deductions from his salary drops his salary below the level agreed upon. In this case, employee responsibility for lost or damaged property is only indirect

Really? i don't think this is the best, the circumstances around the damage should determine the type of punishment the employee will get, if it's by accident then it should be overlooked, but if it's out of negligence or deliberate act, such employee should pay for it'
No matter the circumstances around the damage, everyone should be accountable for any misdeeds either intentional or by mistakes. If you’re lenient and let it slide pass the same situation will arise with another employees and you wouldn’t want to penalize them so it’s better to let the law remain the same for all

We all know that accident happens, if an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, will you require him to pay for replacement equipment? Some workers may purposely damage equipment, or out of gross negligence. Since you may not actually know if the damage is done on purpose or not, will you allow them pay for the damages be it on purpose or accidentally?
It depends on how much the damage would cost my business, if the loss would cost me up to a million, I would make sure part of the employees salary goes into fixing the damage. This would help him to avoid repeating same mistake and also serve as a warning to others.

We all know that accident happens, if an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, will you require him to pay for replacement equipment? Some workers may purposely damage equipment, or out of gross negligence. Since you may not actually know if the damage is done on purpose or not, will you allow them pay for the damages be it on purpose or accidentally?
They should if they carelessly damege company property, but if it is an honest mistake it will be unfair to ask them to pay for it.

Some employees will use company's property for personal jobs, and when it is damaged, they will expect the company to fix or replace it, to that's unfair.

If an employee or worker mistakenly damage one thing or the other, it is very wrong for you to ask them to pay for damages. Such employee would develop a form of hatred for you and won't show much dedication to his or her job like he normally uses to. It isn't in anyway appropriate to ask an employee to pay for damages.

It depends upon company terms and conditions but as seen good companies not give this kind of permission to pay cut they sport there employee

In the event that a worker incidentally breaks or harms equipment, you can't expect him to pay for substitution gear. Mishaps occur. The harm should be treated as an operational expense. You can just require a representative to pay for harmed gear, if the harm is done intentionally or demonstration of carelessness.

Putting on a damage on an employee when he accidentally destroy a companies property is not the best for their motivation on the job.
But if it becomes a routine occurance or a delibrate action,then it shoul serve as a deterant against time.
Well, at my workplace it was boldly written in the appointment letter that any damage caused by staff to office properties must be repaid. So, if you are not comfortable with the arrangement, you may turn down the job and walk away but if you agree to it and later start protesting, you are wrong.

There are some damages that may require the employee to pay back or replace but it should also depend on the employer what he deems fit in such situation. Mistakes do happen sometimes, right?

When buying a new coin, you just need to learn about how the coin was created and which crypto exchanges it was listed on, and whether the coin will go on to be popular. Besides this, you can find out how often the coin is actually exchanged on different exchanges as a coin.

it depends on the local laws. In some places an employer can ask the employee to pay for equipment they broke at work. In other places they employer must sue an employee, if they want the employee to pay for whatever damages they caused.

The level at which an employee should be charged for equipments broken. Not all instruments that are broken in the cause of usage should not be charged on the account of the employee.

I don't think it is right for the employee to pay for damages because the business risk management should cover it. Take for example in government sector, nobody is held for any damaged equipment only if it goes missing.

If an employee breaks or damage a property in a company,for me accident do happens at anytime,to everyone and at any place.so I think he is not suppose to pay for it.The damage must be treated as a business expense. You can only require an employee to pay for damaged equipment, if the damage is done on purpose or because of gross negligence.

Sincerely, its a very tough question to ask but I must say it all depends on whose fault it was. If the equipment got damaged due to the carelessness of the employer, he/she has to foot some percentage of the expenses. But if its the other way round, then the employer has to take responsibility of it

in theory, yes they should, but you have to gain your employee's respect, just pay that yourself and act like it's not a big deal as long as not anyone is hurt, this way, everyone will appreciate your help and will love you

Accident do happens in our daily activities and I don't think you can build a good relationship if you telling your employee to buy or replace what they accidentally break or damage, all you needto show them is love.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds