Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Employee pay for damages?

The employee should not be charged if he or she has made a mistake or damaged items or waste food for instance in a company, especially if he or she does not intend to do so. Maybe if it is suspicious and it always happens that he is always made that mistake or something, maybe it is time to replace him, it will not be good for the running of your business then.

Advertisement Placeholder
If an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, you cannot require him to pay for replacement equipment. Accidents happen. The damage must be treated as a business expense. You can only require an employee to pay for damaged equipment, if the damage is done on purpose or because of gross negligence.
Yes, you're right, but how can you know those who purposely damage company equipment and those that happened accidentally? Many workers can lie and act so real that even the devil himself will be confused. What if the accident becomes constant?

If an employee accidentally breaks or damages an office equipment it should be treated as business expenses. But in a situation where the damage of equipment is done on purpose or act of negligence he or she have to pay maybe through salary. If its broken through fighting

If an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, you may not need to pay for replacement equipment. Accidents happen. Losses should be treated as business expenses. You may only need to reimburse an employee for damaged goods, if the loss is due to intent or due to gross negligence.

We all know that accident happens, if an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, will you require him to pay for replacement equipment? Some workers may purposely damage equipment, or out of gross negligence. Since you may not actually know if the damage is done on purpose or not, will you allow them pay for the damages be it on purpose or accidentally?
I think responsibilities should be respected no matter what circumstances, its just that you don't invest into heavy/light machinery (equipments and tools also) in hopes that they won't get damaged one day, its impossible. I'll just advice that if it is heavy (expensive) machineries then you should insure them and if they are light (cheap) equipments and tools then you should allow the person who is responsible for the damage to repair it.

As an employer, you spend money to buy equipment to run your business, whether it's a catering company, resume writing service or landscaping firm. Because you are using your own money or money you obtained through a loan, you want to make sure your equipment is properly treated so it will last as long as possible. If you have an employee who breaks equipment, either through negligence or willfulness, you need to know how to recoup your loss.

If the company has said that any conflicts in the code of conduct have to be paid for by the employee, or have a contract that includes transferring the blame for the damages incurred for a violation that has been committed against the organization to the employee, there is not much that you can do. Therefore, you should take note of the terms and conditions that are stipulated as part of the contract you sign when applying for a job.

This is a sensitive issue to discuss owning to the fact that there are many prevailing reason that could have happened to result in employee damaging office property. It could be accidental or intentional, it could also be a malfunction

If an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, you cannot require him to pay for replacement equipment. Accidents happen. The damage must be treated as a business expense. You can only require an employee to pay for damaged equipment, if the damage is done on purpose or because of gross negligence.
No, employers cannot charge employee for mistakes , shortages & any damages.only if you agree that your employer can deduct from your pay for the mistake.your employer cannot deduct from your wages to pay for mistakes.

I don't think an employee should pay for any damage that is done in a particular company or organisation but if the damage is too much or she did it intentionally she can either be fired or she can be arrested that is the only way but if it was by mistake I don't see any need for them to pay.

If it's an accident then no why would you? If you have proof that it was an accident that is but if the accident was a result of being careless, incompetent and negligence then they need to pay for it. But other than that we also need to consider their situation too. You can take partial payment deducted from the salary

As for me yes a employee needs to pay for any damages he or she caused but it depends on the kind of damages also if it hasn't been repeating it self also not serious damages so he or she doesn't need to pay for it but if it's serious one I can pardon he or she even if it's the serious one and lazy one I don't mind

We all know that accident happens, if an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, will you require him to pay for replacement equipment? Some workers may purposely damage equipment, or out of gross negligence. Since you may not actually know if the damage is done on purpose or not, will you allow them pay for the damages be it on purpose or accidentally?
This is an interesting question. In my own opinion I will say that the company should take responsibility of any damages that happened as a result of accident because you cannot avoid some things to happen as long as we are humans. But if it is out of carelessness, the person can be warned and if it happens often times I think the employee should take the responsibility.

On the off chance that a representative breaks or harms my property, I'm certainly taking the expense of fix off his compensation. I can't be paying a worker and still compensation for something he harmed. At the point when representatives begin paying for their harms they will be more cautious

It
We all know that accident happens, if an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, will you require him to pay for replacement equipment? Some workers may purposely damage equipment, or out of gross negligence. Since you may not actually know if the damage is done on purpose or not, will you allow them pay for the damages be it on purpose or accidentally.
It depends on how often the situation repeats itself, the attitude and behavior of the staff and the cost of the item that was destroyed.

Ideally, the employer should bear the costs, bit if it's a careless employee or was done deliberately, strict measures have to be taken.

It depends on the kind of damages we are talking about, if it is a little damage the company can take the full risk but if it is a major or big damages then you can subtract it little by little from such employee salary.

This things happen in business everyday, if you think the employees would intentionally want to damage company properties then you should educate them first on how it will affect the company and how they can use it even more safer. You should Also enroll for an insurance cover to cover such unforseen yet events that can certainly happen because it is not proper as it weakens their confidence to ask for them to pay.

If a workforce is incorrect to harm the equipment, you must not expect the worker to pay for the equipment; but if the equipment is intentionally or after too much notice and perseverance to treat the equipment very carefully, then he or she will be required to pay for the damage.

If an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, you may not need to pay for replacement equipment. Accidents happen. Losses should be treated as business expenses. You may only need to reimburse an employee for damaged goods, if the damage was intentional or due to gross negligence.

All employment has its terms. The terms may be written in a single contract, several documents, custom, and usage or inferred from the conduct of the employee and his employer. The terms of employment usually stipulate the procedure, notice, and termination package in which the employer would pay to the employee upon termination of the employee’s employment.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds