Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should Employee pay for damages?

This is something you have to think carefully before implementing because it involves a lot of things to take into consideration and won't be fair to just bundle it on them
It depends upon situation to situation. In some cases an employee should pay the damage fees, where as in other cases it should collected from the defaulters.

Advertisement Placeholder
This is a rampant in small business Enterprise that the employee at the one to pay for the damage they have done, to favour both of them I think the employee should be made to pay for the damage they did intentionally.

Different rules and different arrangements as regards this kind of situation are seem on various organisation. Some will ask the employee to make good the damage. While some will not put it on the employee to pay for it

If an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, you cannot require him to pay for replacement equipment. Accidents happen. The damage must be treated as a business expense. You can only require an employee to pay for damaged equipment, if the damage is done on purpose or act of negligence
I think it still depends on company policy, i have seen some cases whereby the employees buy sign an agreement with regards to this. If the breaks or damages a product directly because of misuse, it would be replaced from the workers salary. But if it is not directly then it is under the company.

He should if it was intentional and not on purpose,but on the other hand they should be laid down rules to enlighten the employee of the risk of making any damages, whether intentional or not

If an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, you cannot require him to pay for replacement equipment. Accidents happen. The damage must be treated as a business expense. You can only require an employee to pay for damaged equipment, if the damage is done on purpose or act of negligence
I think if an employeee in an organisation do damages to some companys assets by mistake,he should be pardoned.Provided it is not as a result of its negligence,but if after some time he still continue in such act,then he should be made to pay for this negligence.

Sometimes it might be unintentional the first one should be a warning for the employee to be more careful and the boss should be more patient in order to create a better working environment!

We all know that accident happens, if an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, will you require him to pay for replacement equipment? Some workers may purposely damage equipment, or out of gross negligence. Since you may not actually know if the damage is done on purpose or not, will you allow them pay for the damages be it on purpose or accidentally?
I don't think he should pay for damage because he is working under the company and such damage should be taken care of by the company

This is a rampant in small business Enterprise that the employee at the one to pay for the damage they have done, to favour both of them I think the employee should be made to pay for the damage they did intentionally.
A small business can go bankrupt when a damage occurs in their product. Take the case of the big Chinese jars that are so expensive. When a staff would damage that product the cost of damage can be even more than 6 months salary of the staff.

If that happens, then I will examine the situation well to know the cause. If it is an accident then they don't have to pay for that, accidents do happen. But if it is done knowingly then the employee will have to pay for it.

We all know that accident happens, if an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, will you require him to pay for replacement equipment? Some workers may purposely damage equipment, or out of gross negligence. Since you may not actually know if the damage is done on purpose or not, will you allow them pay for the damages be it on purpose or accidentally?
If I happens to be an employer of Labour and my employee mistakenly damage any Tuesday then I will forgive him and pay for the damage but if this same employee does it again by by mistake or otherwise I will definitely make him or her to pay for the damages so that every other person in the organisation can sit up and become more careful in the future when handling any tools or devices of the organisation.

Well , if it is an Accident then as the employee I wouldn't have the heart to demand for him to pay ,but if it happened due to horse play ,then he will surely replace it as a lesson against such act.

If damaging of equipment from one certain worker is getting too much,I guess the employer should take some money from is salary to replace what he or she damage I guess.

Well, I believe that the employees must pay for damages if they constantly cause damage to the company. I would not personally charge my employees for causing damage accidentally because we all are humans and we all make mistakes. However, I would be concerned if my employee continues to cause damage to the business.

If employees should pay for damages depends on mostly the magnitude of the damage made and also the cost of the damages too and the manner on which the damage was done in be it intentionally or not.

In my opinion is not good to ask employees to pay for a damage done by them, because some damages are not as the results of their negligence or carelessness but accident so this need to be handle with concern towards them, but if it happened because of their negligence or carelessness then they will pay so that the act will stop.

If an employee accidentally breaks or damages equipment, you cannot require him to pay for replacement equipment. Accidents happen. The damage must be treated as a business expense. You can only require an employee to pay for damaged equipment, if the damage is done on purpose or because of gross negligence.
Exactly, there are some companies that carry out a policy whereby any property damaged outside if working space and time should be paid by the employee. But anyone damaged within the office environment is under the care of the company

T
Thank God you also talk about intentional damage.Any employee that purposely damage any equipment should be responsible for it when you’re sure it’s intentional

An employee should pay for damages if the damage was intentionally done by the employee, but if it was unintentional, I think the employer should take the risk for it

Actually payment's of damages should be minimal even though it is caused or implied by a employee .The company policy should cover the damages and inventory of those things .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds