Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Qualities of the position of Manager or Boss in a company

A good manager must possess leadership skills such as make decision quickly, ability to teach, problem solving and all the likes. Then he must be considerate so that he can gain likeness of co-workers.
What you have described is of utmost importance, there are certain moments when these "quick decisions" must be made and these must be right for the good of the company. That is to say that the manager must be prepared for these cases. Excellent!

Advertisement Placeholder
First off, a good manager knows the entire business including the details of the operation. He should be fair in his dealings particularly with subordinates which means there is no favoritism. He should also be considerate but it is all right to be strict with the regulations and in the implementation of policies. The most important trait of the manager is the dedication to his job that he comes early to work.
A good manager or boss must knows everything that needs to be known in the company, both the good and the bad, he must have a good quality and a better interpersonal relationship with his workers and customers l

Without intending to boast, I have experienced such a situation. I have had the opportunity to manage my superiors on occasions due to their inexperience, so I recognize that this is very common in some companies or institutions, when the managerial positions are received by a novice manager in the area.

There are many reasons why juniors do not advise their seniors. One of the big reasons is the fear of getting humiliated by the seniors in front of other juniors and I have wirnessed this happening a lot of time in the past. So people usually do not advise their boss even though they know that they are wrong.

There are many reasons why juniors do not advise their seniors. One of the big reasons is the fear of getting humiliated by the seniors in front of other juniors and I have wirnessed this happening a lot of time in the past. So people usually do not advise their boss even though they know that they are wrong.
It is true what you describe, many superiors boast and feel superior to such an extent that they do not accept suggestions, which limits the desire of some employees to contribute ideas and suggestions. Besides, there are also those managers who humiliate the staff!

It is true what you describe, many superiors boast and feel superior to such an extent that they do not accept suggestions, which limits the desire of some employees to contribute ideas and suggestions. Besides, there are also those managers who humiliate the staff!

Yes, what you are saying is quite true. However, there are some bosses who are quite co-operative to their employees and they do listen to the advice of their employees. I have met some of them. However, the number of such bosses are quite low.

Those of us who work online and offline hope to have a respectful boss who values our effort and dedication in the functions that we perform daily in his company. But there are many cases in which we do not receive the above from our superiors, so I believe that not everyone is prepared to carry out this position. Although the person has studies and knowledge, he does not know how to get along well with subordinates. So I wonder. What are the qualities that stand out to be a good Manager or Boss?
A good boss should be tolerant mad should get along well with people of different personalities and background. I also appreciate someone who knows how to appreciate the effort and hard-working his staff.

Yes, what you are saying is quite true. However, there are some bosses who are quite co-operative to their employees and they do listen to the advice of their employees. I have met some of them. However, the number of such bosses are quite low.
Exactly, that is why I described that many, since I also had the good fortune of having exceptional bosses, from whom I learned and from there my experience and much of my knowledge was born. Unfortunately, along the way we had bosses with different behaviors, positive and negative.
A good boss should be tolerant mad should get along well with people of different personalities and background. I also appreciate someone who knows how to appreciate the effort and hard-working his staff.
"Tolerance", this quality is really important and it is very good for managers to have it, as they have to deal with employees with different characters and must know how to work with them on the fly.

Having a honest, caring, humorous, politeness etc attributes towards your workers its a positive qualities of a good manager. Employees always finds comfort working for their manager when this qualities are met.
Yeah definitely that's what differentiates between a boss and a leader .A leader will surely possess such qualities that you have listed above but a boss won't possess any of the above mentioned quality.

Yeah definitely that's what differentiates between a boss and a leader .A leader will surely possess such qualities that you have listed above but a boss won't possess any of the above mentioned quality.
You're right dear. Bosses always feel presumptuous enough. Even when their are at fault they'll be claiming right as if they're driving at the right path. Only few of the bosses posses such above mentioned qualities.

A good manager must be hardworking as some managers are lazy. They make sure their employees engage in all the job roles without any input from them making work process to be very slow.

A good manager must be hardworking as some managers are lazy. They make sure their employees engage in all the job roles without any input from them making work process to be very slow.
What you bring to the subject is very important, as I have met some managers like the ones you describe. I have even thought that in some cases they do not get involved, due to lack of knowledge in some areas of the company.

Those of us who work online and offline hope to have a respectful boss who values our effort and dedication in the functions that we perform daily in his company. But there are many cases in which we do not receive the above from our superiors, so I believe that not everyone is prepared to carry out this position. Although the person has studies and knowledge, he does not know how to get along well with subordinates. So I wonder. What are the qualities that stand out to be a good Manager or Boss?
A good manager should have a very good interpersonal relationship with their employees and also you should be able to organise people for them to achieve a stated goals and objective so that the business can move forward and also you should be able to resolve any form of dispute in the business place.

A good manager should have a very good interpersonal relationship with their employees and also you should be able to organise people for them to achieve a stated goals and objective so that the business can move forward and also you should be able to resolve any form of dispute in the business place.
Both points are extremely important, both the interpersonal relationship with employees, and the resolution of disputes are key to the successful running of the company. Many managers lack both or one of these qualities, making it difficult to develop within the company.

One of the many qualities a manager should possess is the leadership spirit, the zeal to be able to control subordinates and how to carry them along with defined communication skills.

A good boos must be tolerant as humans are not perfect anybody can make mistakes at anytime so it is good to creating a friendly relationship with your employees !

The position of the manger or the boss on any organization is a very key position indeed. You must be a person with a cool head to always be in control of your emotions at all times and not let your emotions get the better of you.

Manager are a set of people who are perfect in planning ,organising and ability to handle all the challenges that comes in any business organisation they are managing ,managers are people with strong heart who do not give up easily.

A good business manager is important for any Business. As a manager you should be able to know the capacity of each employee and how to use it.

One of the many qualities a manager should possess is the leadership spirit, the zeal to be able to control subordinates and how to carry them along with defined communication skills.
I agree that you have to have leadership spirit and communication skills. But with respect to controlling employees, I think you have to do it in a way that they don't feel the pressure of control. No one likes to feel controlled and it can create an unhappy environment.
A good business manager is important for any Business. As a manager you should be able to know the capacity of each employee and how to use it.
I really loved this, the manager must have the knowledge of the capacity of each employee and use it in favor of the company.

I agree that you have to have leadership spirit and communication skills. But with respect to controlling employees, I think you have to do it in a way that they don't feel the pressure of control. No one likes to feel controlled and it can create an unhappy environment.

I really loved this, the manager must have the knowledge of the capacity of each employee and use it in favor of the company.
The post of the manager is a delicate one, you definitely would not please everyone so you have to be both rigid and flexible in what you are doing to help create a good business environment.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds