Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Possible to start your own search engine?

To create a viable search engine: Sign in to Control Panel using your Google Account (if you do not have an account). In the Sites to Search section, add the pages you want to include in your search engine. You can add your own sites, not just your own.

Advertisement Placeholder
I am not a programmer and I have never thought on this, however, I believe a programmer can easily create his/her own search engines. I hear that most of the little known search engines (including well known like Duck Duck Go) are using Google API to display the search results.

I am not a programmer and I have never thought on this, however, I believe a programmer can easily create his/her own search engines. I hear that most of the little known search engines (including well known like Duck Duck Go) are using Google API to display the search results.
Becoming a computer programmer is an advantage to create a search engine. But its never easy cos the programmer needs time and deep idea to create a perfect search engine like google, yahoo, bing etc.

Even though it's not impossible but I think the competition is so high that you will most likely not be successful. There are already many search engines like Yahoo! Bing, etc that are competing with Google and I think Google is still the most successful one. So the chances of success are quite slim.

I wonder if it would be easy to start your own search engine. I wish I had the technical know-how to start my own. I would make it like the other private web browsers, and would probably add more functions. Anyway, if you know how to code and all that, do you think you could make your own search engine? If so, what kind of search engine would it be?
Most of new search online use an API from google or bing for search or yahoo or they have integrated search tool because storage will cost a lot of storage however at maximum storage in best hosting could be 3 * 800 MB for phpmyadmin.

That's true, most of the search engines uses Google API. THis means that these search engines uses Google Algorithm ro display search results. If you have some programming skills, you will easily create your own search engine.

I believe if you are a good programmer, you can build your search engines. However, what will be the purpose of building a search engines when there are already a lot of search engines and even the one like Bing is used only by 4-5 percent people over the world.

I wish I can create my own search engine too using some good features but this isn't just easy. It took Yahoo, Bing, Ask.com, Google and others some researches, capital and intelligence to collaborate and let this manifest. Today SEO are more like a university where you can now fetch information.

Search engine is actually very possible to start up your own search engine but you will need to put in a lot of capital to start it up as it is very capital-intensive to start a search engine website that will be able to one day rival Google search.

Since is humans that owns it, nothing is impossible around creating a search engine software. It requires a technical know-how skill, especially from an expert coder.

There are so many search engines outside our conventional ones, so this already mean that it's possible to start one if you have the knowledge

As long as its man-made creativity any one can start it up if that's his or her dream. And the person work towards it with determination and very dedicated to it, achieving such goal wouldn't be a problem. So creating a search engine company like google, bing, Yahoo isn't impossible.

Before you would want to start your own search engine, you wod have to be technological inclined and want to have a website or search engine like Google for the sole purpose of making profit

it is possible for you to do that but even with that it might be very difficult for you because you will not be able to compete with Google because Google is all the best recognised search engine in the world, it's will really take a lot of time for you to gain recognition.

There are so many search engines outside our conventional ones, so this already mean that it's possible to start one if you have the knowledge
Yeah, those who are expert programmers knows the kind of way to follow and what to install or buy to code a search engine. But it requires money, and more experts in coding to help such person achieve such goal.

Very possible. Infact, so many things are very possible for as long as you have the cash to back such project up. All the ones on ground now will may overshadow yours

Yeah, those who are expert programmers knows the kind of way to follow and what to install or buy to code a search engine. But it requires money, and more experts in coding to help such person achieve such goal.
That's not really a problem since it is something that would generate good money, so it's worth anything that's required to start it.

That's not really a problem since it is something that would generate good money, so it's worth anything that's required to start it.
Sure, it requires anything to enroll to it since its a prominent skill online. No problem I'll be on it, until things get down well for me. Do you mind learning any on demand skill online??

Nothing is impossible, Google and the others didn't come from heaven someone definitely started them so why not, although it would take effort, lots of effort actually

It is absolutely possible to do this but it will be very difficult for you to win people away from goal for them to be using your own search engine, I need a lot of programmers to handle most of this thing for you because you may not be able to program it yourself.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds