Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What has been your highest ranking in a search engine?

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
Retired Staff
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
When we create a website of any kind, one of the things we hope to achieve is a high ranking on a search engine. Whilst sometimes we find that some sites don't always rank too well in the search engines, we can often be pleasantly surprised when they do.

Of all the websites you have ranked in a search engine, what has been your highest ranked?

My local tile business. If you live in my area and search for "tile guy near me" or "tile contractor in [name a northeast ohio town]" then I show up at the top ;)

If you search for "carnivore forum" I also show up at the top...

And if you search for my particular denominations forum, we show up within the first 5 search results.

Currently Gex forums is the top result when you search "gex forums". Thee zone is in the sixth spot but I don't see my website surpassing The E Zone's website. (The E Zone is apparently a amusement park in Canada.)

Generic terms... not high.
Niche specific search terms, not bad.
kubuntu kstars install
fedora kstars install
linux mate kstars install
apertura 72mm eaf install
morefine m10 review

and many more similar niche terms, at the top or within the top 5.
Remember... when checking you need to use a clean browser, or something like TOR browser that doesn't store any cookies or tracking data. A regular browser (even Chrome incognito) you use to go to a site or do searches from can skew the results. You need a clean system that has no previous tracking in it. All the above were using TOR browser and Duck Duck Go. Using TOR when I went to Google it warned me about storing cookies and I told it no.
I think some may be surprised at where their search results turn out to be when they do this.

Screen Shot 2024-04-13 at 10.04.16 PM.png

Last edited:
I ranked high for terms in the employment niche around 2011. in that case, a decent amount of part-time income was coming in.

Also, I got traffic to a music site I had in the best via search engines.

Now I'm ranked #2, but I notice it changes consistently. A few times I noticed I was ranked #1.
Not to be a betty downer, but I checked for jcink codes in Google using TOR browser with clear cache/cookies and it wasn't listed within the first 60.
Checked at duck duck go with Tor with clear cache the term was at #10 if the domain is the jcoderesources.com one.
That's one of the reasons for best results I recommended a browser that clears cookies/cache upon each exit. If you are checking with the same browser you visit your site in, your results will usually be much higher than they are for someone checking cold turkey.

Of course, your best data points will be from Google Search console.

Last edited:
Not to be a betty downer, but I checked for jcink codes in Google using TOR browser with clear cache/cookies and it wasn't listed within the first 60.
Checked at duck duck go with Tor with clear cache the term was at #10 if the domain is the jcoderesources.com one.
That's one of the reasons for best results I recommended a browser that clears cookies/cache upon each exit. If you are checking with the same browser you visit your site in, your results will usually be much higher than they are for someone checking cold turkey.

Of course, your best data points will be from Google Search console.
I figured it was too good to be true considering my search engine rankings never seemed all that good. Google tricked me. I clear a lot of data upon browser exit, but not all of it. Thanks for the Google teaching.

My blogs and forums do not appear even on the third page but some of my articles on Hubpages appear on top 5 search results

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest