Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Possible to start your own search engine?

Everything is possible if you have the required knowledge and funds to do it. It'll be difficult for you to match popular search engines like google and yahoo.
Search engine doesn't be run with a simple hosting and some programmatic skills you need staff and working development team to run it is not a ready CMS to pay hosting and purchase and fast setup like Prestashop.

Advertisement Placeholder
Search engine doesn't be run with a simple hosting and some programmatic skills you need staff and working development team to run it is not a ready CMS to pay hosting and purchase and fast setup like Prestashop.
Yes,it'll need a lot of resources to keep it up and running. One can start on a small scale with the use of ai bots but you can't expect it to be on the same page as popular ones. Great stuffs don't come easy.

Starting a search engine is not an easy project it requires high budget of money because he will employ many developers that will work on the search engine it requires many work to be able to get the job done you can't do it on your own

If you have got things planned out for yourself and the capital is good enough to fetch a good and user-friendly search engine, then you've got no problem

Nothing could stop you from creating your own search engine provided you have the resources it takes to make it happen. You can start small and grow big that was how the Google founders create Google out of nowhere.

What is very possible but you must be ready to face a lot of competition because there are so many search engines looking for people who will make use of them.

I wonder if it would be easy to start your own search engine. I wish I had the technical know-how to start my own. I would make it like the other private web browsers, and would probably add more functions. Anyway, if you know how to code and all that, do you think you could make your own search engine? If so, what kind of search engine would it be?
It's possible but it will take a lot of time, money, and technical Investment to pull that one off. You would also need some other people to join you.

Doing it is not the main point, the main issue is making it go viral, now that Google has completely dominate the internet and even search engines are doing Google advert, what's left... The chances of such search engine becoming a success is very tiny.

Honestly there is no point in starting one, you are so behind and they're is no way to pass what google has done... Dont think about doing something someone has already created, come up with your own idea and build that.. you'll waste to much money in programing a search engine when you can spend that money on your own idea.

You can start your own search engine. The real question is whether you have the available resources - the manpower, know how and technology for that.
Also would you be patient to see it grow and even invest your time, money, energy into it to see it mature in about 7,8 years time?
Starting a forum would be better in my opinion

It really quite feasible as google offers the API if you are prepared to spend for it , nevertheless , they will not offer the whole therefore you had have to gather more info on your own as well as allows state we're rather behind time to the celebration

Starting your own search engine is good but you must be ready to compete with the likes of Google and Yahoo because they're established already.

I believe it's possible, If others did it then why can't you? Buy you should understand that it would take a lot of time and of cause dedication and consistency to actually achieve success

Starting your own search engine is quite very possible but you definitely need to be ready for competition because Google and Yahoo are there.

It is possible to start ones search engine too. But the competition from the giant search engines is what I thinking it may be difficult to get over.

Whatsoever that concerns human life and existence is always possible only when you could not cultivate the inmate ability in you that is when you have the impossibility of what you're doing
[automerge]1631817056[/automerge]
There's always a possibility of everything that someone wanted to start only when you have not started but when you started definitely will come to succeed.

Last edited:
Almost anything is possible with the right resources. So yes it's possible. Is it easy? I don't think so. Search engine building requires extensive programming knowledge and from a business perspective it isn't really a great idea.

Starting a personal search engine is not the problem, the main problem is how to survive the high competition in the world of search engines, imagine starting a search engine being overshadowed by Google, Bing, and other popular search engines.

To me personally I don't think there is any thing impossible in life most especially when someone has make the plan to do so. it's possible when you have the knowledge and skills.

Very possible of course. Who says you're going to be restricted in starting yours when others are doing theirs all over the internet. If you have the knowledge of how this works, you can start yours

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds