Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Possible to start your own search engine?

No it won't be easy, it will cost you much. You need to have technical knowledge about various industry languages which are used in Search Engine Algorithm.

I am not an expert in creating search engines, but yes, some of the search engines including Google use Python language. Do refer to

Advertisement Placeholder
I read some where that most of the lesser known search engines use google's API to display search data. If that's true, I don't think creating search engine is difficult, however, the point is who is going to use it? I think it is difficult to get users for new search engines.

It's not possible for only one person to start search engine because it's required well technical know how, which cannot be handled by one individual

Starting a search engine if you have the right tools to set the algorithms and so forth is possible but it would be really hard to bring it to market as the top 3, yahoo bing and google have had the market for a long time. There's not much room for competitors in that market and would be a waste of time in my opinion. Of course social media is different as one group tried to start a site called Ello as the next facebook and it hasn't succeeded but it still has caught attention more then it would for a search engine.

You can actually do that that's not a big deal but what do you must consider is that will you be able to compete with the Google,if you know there is a way you can compete with Google or have your own system and service more sophisticated than Google for people to pick interest in you then you can go ahead and start but if you don't have the technical know-how on how vto upgrade your level to that of Google don't worry because you will not succeed

I wonder if it would be easy to start your own search engine. I wish I had the technical know-how to start my own. I would make it like the other private web browsers, and would probably add more functions. Anyway, if you know how to code and all that, do you think you could make your own search engine? If so, what kind of search engine would it be?
The possibility is definitely there and with the right know how and the right about of time and skills this is something that is entirely possible. Of course to do so you have to be able to also promote your search engine and have sufficient difference to encourage users to change their current search engine from the major ones like google and bing and so forth.

Hmm. This may be some really difficult task to undertake. Creating a search engine will not be the problem but the problem maybe in adoption in such a way where your search engine will be optimal in performance and adoption will grow globally.

Well if you have the knowledge and capital for it, I dont see the reason why you can't have your own search engine. Its a good way to earn if you ask me

You can do but I am worried about success as it takes time and hard work to do and as you know Google is still dominate in the industry means it is very hard to run your one search engine.

It is not about knowing how to do this, but being able to understand that it takes more than just skills on coding to pull it off.

Google will do everything to stay at the top unless one wants to build a search engine for his households 😂 😂

I wonder if it would be easy to start your own search engine. I wish I had the technical know-how to start my own. I would make it like the other private web browsers, and would probably add more functions. Anyway, if you know how to code and all that, do you think you could make your own search engine? If so, what kind of search engine would it be?
1999 or thereabout, yahoo was the leading search engine but today Google already took over. If you believe in ur instinct and u are sure of those additional functions u want to add will be a problem solving function! U can start from knowing about the creation of SEO.

There is no need for me to come up with another search engine when the world is filled with different searching performing the right function. Instead I would think of another browsing ideas that would benefit the world at large and ring it to reality. The idea might be around that unique app or software people can benefits from without stress.

A technical guy told me once that making a search engine is easy. But the real problem is in designing the algorithm so that the resulting search list would be sensible. I had no clear idea of the algorithm for the search but based on his explanation it is about the keyword that is entered by the searcher. The engine can search in the internet using a list that was created before which is updated from time to time. Anyway, I don't think it is wise to create your own search engine unless it is for a learning process only.

I think it is fruitless to even attempt to start another search Engine besides Google and Wikipedia. If this were perceived to be good, it would have been done by a lot of people but of what benefit is starting another search engine to internet users? what more information do you need besides the one on Google and Wikipedia?
[automerge]1611810100[/automerge]
I think it is fruitless to even attempt to start another search Engine besides Google and Wikipedia. If this were perceived to be good, it would have been done by a lot of people but of what benefit is starting another search engine to internet users? what more information do you need besides the one on Google and Wikipedia?

It might be possible for you to start a search engine if you have the technical know how on how to go about it. But it's not about creating a search engine, will you be able to compete favourably with other search engines? You have what it takes right?

You need to create a better search engine which will draw users from different part of the world. But you need to be a web and software developer. I believe anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

Starting a search engine might not be as difficult as it may seem but keep up with the task of competition out there might be the biggest challenge set to be faced. But one can still give it a try because you can never say what the outcome might be.

Starting a search engine is good but giving up with the pace and understanding algorithm is also vital.
How to Create a Search Engine Software? Write down the search requirements. First, you need to write down the requirements for the search. Select an engine. The second step of making your own search engine is to choose the engine itself. Start the Engine. Define Index Structure. Set Up Data Update. Start making

I believe the first stage of starting you own business bus by owning your own ideas then follow by market survey to realize what is needed in the market the cost of goods and services how to transport product

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds