Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

PC sale or repair business

Within my Country, it is the opposite. Here the sales of PCs and repairs/upgrade are booming. Some businesses deal in sales of fairly used ones plus repair/upgrade while some deal in brand new. Both services and sales are highly patronized, dealing in repair/upgrade involves lesser capital, while sales of pcs involves a higher capital but both are very profitable.

Advertisement Placeholder
Branded computers are expensive and everyone cannot afford them. Computer repairs is lucrative, people are willing to spend. Many people who have less money want to purchase second hand computers.

Within my Country, it is the opposite. Here the sales of PCs and repairs/upgrade are booming. Some businesses deal in sales of fairly used ones plus repair/upgrade while some deal in brand new. Both services and sales are highly patronized, dealing in repair/upgrade involves lesser capital, while sales of pcs involves a higher capital but both are very profitable.
Branded computers are expensive and everyone cannot afford them. Computer repairs is lucrative, people are willing to spend. Many people who have less money want to purchase second hand computers.
Thus, for many people who do not have a good income or savings, it is difficult for them to buy a new computer, so they seek to upgrade or repair the one they have in use. Although, there are also wealthy people who are up-to-date and prefer to buy a new one rather than repair.

Although I know I don't know how to do the repairs but knowing there's much money in the sales of the PC, I'll love to invest in the sales more than repairs.

Computer repairs are the most profitable of the two, but she will need to get sufficient expertise of computer system repairs in order to profit from it.

At present in my country, perhaps the same in the whole world, the sales of computers have decreased due to their high cost. The vast majority of people choose to repair the PC and upgrade it, because the cost is less than buying a new one. My cousin is suggesting that she start a sales business, but I'm trying to convince her that repair and repower is more profitable. Which of the two options is better?
When it comes to selling of laptops I believe that it's far more profits inclined than just repairing them but you need to have more capital to be able to do it.

When it comes to selling of laptops I believe that it's far more profits inclined than just repairing them but you need to have more capital to be able to do it.
You are absolutely right @CeeJase, in the case of laptops it is better to acquire a new one, the limiting factor is capital. I think for financial deficiency, the most viable option is repair and after having stability opt for sales.

Computer sales requires large capital to start up. Instead, he can go for PC repairs which requires less capital to begin and is equally profitable.

PC repair business can be competitive because there is are huge markets in my area where you can find PC repair shops. They are all competing with each other. Moreover, you cannot open a PC repair shop that is far apart from the market because most people only visit such markets to get PC repaired.

At present in my country, perhaps the same in the whole world, the sales of computers have decreased due to their high cost. The vast majority of people choose to repair the PC and upgrade it, because the cost is less than buying a new one. My cousin is suggesting that she start a sales business, but I'm trying to convince her that repair and repower is more profitable. Which of the two options is better?
You are considering the cost of start up and she is considering the profits she will be making.
Let her go for the one she wants, she needs enough capital for start anyways.
She can also sell computer accessories alongside the computers.

I believe that you should focus on the aspect where you have the skill to be able to maximize your profit making which is the most important thing in any kind of business.

You are considering the cost of start up and she is considering the profits she will be making.
Let her go for the one she wants, she needs enough capital for start anyways.
She can also sell computer accessories alongside the computers.
You are right in what you describe, he is still going to need the capital to get started, however after reading the recommendations of the members, which I passed on to him, his decision is leaning towards PC repair and then in the future expand with sales.

Although I know I don't know how to do the repairs but knowing there's much money in the sales of the PC, I'll love to invest in the sales more than repairs.
P.c sales and repair business is one of the best business around but its takes alot of effort before you can discharge one pc mostly when you are in the area where the population is not that much hardware is even ok

You are absolutely right @CeeJase, in the case of laptops it is better to acquire a new one, the limiting factor is capital. I think for financial deficiency, the most viable option is repair and after having stability opt for sales.
Yeah, I'm actually well aware of that because my brother is the the business of selling laptops but the fairly used imported ones.

PC repair and sale business is quite lucrative, but it has a specific marketplace in my city, as I mentioned earlier. However, it is always a wise thing to start a shop that stands out from the market and it might attract more customers. Shops at front row in the market gain more customers.

Yeah, I'm actually well aware of that because my brother is the the business of selling laptops but the fairly used imported ones.
It is a possibility to sell used laptops, if I have to choose, I prefer to add capital and buy a new one before buying a used one. But it is not easy because of the amount of money to invest, for now I don't have one, since my pc burned and I work with a borrowed laptop. I am saving to buy a new one.

The most profitable amongst the both is computer repairs but she needs to acquire adequate knowledge on the repairs of computer system in other to profit from it.
One thing about the issue of servicing as compared to purchasing a new gatget is that a lot of persons do not have the funds to be changing gadget often when they go bad,rather they would prefer to get it fixed,and that is where lots of advantage comes in for repaires services.

If you want to sell PC, you might need a lot of money, and if you want to establish PC repair business you will need the skills to do so.

If you want to sell PC, you might need a lot of money, and if you want to establish PC repair business you will need the skills to do so.
Well said but from your own point of view, which would you consider as more lucrative or if you where asked to choose one, which one would you pick?

If I had skills to repair PC, I would choose to repair PC instead of selling PC. When you are in the repairing business you can sell spare parts as well as charge for your repairing work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds