Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Paypal business account in India

Claraviolet

Loyal member
Credits
Yesterday I have contacted Paypal about downgrading my business Paypal account to an individual account. They told me that, without doing some business, Paypal wouldn't be able to receive any money, for my country users.

I was a bit shocked to hear that. In other words, people in India can never receive any gifts from their overseas relatives. Every transaction will have a Paypal fee deduction as well.
I believe this is not fair. Anyone else feels the same here?

Advertisement Placeholder
As from my information, it is changed during early 2010 when Indian regulator changed the policy and it put pressure on PayPal to make changes around them so they charge fees which is common for many countries right now and if I'm not wrong, your money liable for automatic withdrawal. On your second point it should be fair to charge the fees if you done some business but if it's free kind of money than yes it's nor fair.

Yesterday I have contacted Paypal about downgrading my business Paypal account to an individual account. They told me that, without doing some business, Paypal wouldn't be able to receive any money, for my country users.

I was a bit shocked to hear that. In other words, people in India can never receive any gifts from their overseas relatives. Every transaction will have a Paypal fee deduction as well.
I believe this is not fair. Anyone else feels the same here
So can you use your PayPal account to send money from India to any other country? Are they allowing this thing?

So can you use your PayPal account to send money from India to any other country? Are they allowing this thing?
I am able to send money to my relatives.
Still for every such transactions, Paypal fee is applied. It's not an ideal solution as of now, but as it still works, I am good with it. It's the most secure payment method around where I live. So, I wouldn't want to go with other alternatives as of now.
I hope these things will change in the near future.

I am able to send money to my relatives.
Still for every such transactions, Paypal fee is applied. It's not an ideal solution as of now, but as it still works, I am good with it. It's the most secure payment method around where I live. So, I wouldn't want to go with other alternatives as of now.
I hope these things will change in the near future.
Okay than it's an old issue. You are able to send money from PayPal ,you are luck though. Because in some countries PayPal is not acceptable even for sending purpose.

Okay than it's an old issue. You are able to send money from PayPal ,you are luck though. Because in some countries PayPal is not acceptable even for sending purpose.
To be honest, I haven't tried sending in years.
Now that I think about it, I never got any confirmation from my relatives and I haven't checked that later. Is it possible to check whether someone received the money or not, from our end?
I don't think there is such a feature in Paypal. I will have to try sending some money again to one of my friends to get some confirmation. I will update this thread again after that.

I didn't know that indian peoples can have all this problems with paypal but i think that could be because of the regulations in india

In my country, subject to Paypal regulations, you can only send funds but cannot receive. This means working online, you cannot embrace Paypal as a payment processor.

PayPal is much more favour to the American continent other regions have one form of limitations or the other. The best is to find better alternative, at least India can Even receive funds ,Nigeria can send but can't receive

Sorry about that, most payPal features are not available outside America and Europe, I don't know why they are like that.

Sorry about that, most payPal features are not available outside America and Europe, I don't know why they are like that.
May be the initial plan of creating PayPal was to serve the people of America and UK alone , expansion made them to accepting other countries with limitations of one form or the other.

Hmm, my must PayPal come with that kind of suggestion, for me is devastating to hear such from a renowned payment site like PayPal. They should reconsider your request and change it as you requested, in order to keep good relationship with their customers.

May be the initial plan of creating PayPal was to serve the people of America and UK alone , expansion made them to accepting other countries with limitations of one form or the other.
But they have been around in other countries for some years now, isn't it time to lift those limitations?

Another factor of consideration is the criminal record of most of the countries if PayPal is not convince they won't lift the ban.
But even in America and Europe there are scams there and might even be worse and still all there features are available there.

If you've other alternatives to PayPal you can go for it considering the fact that PayPal charges can be high to some extent. But it's still one of the best have used so far for my online transactions

I think, as long as you do not indulge in any business activities, PayPal business account is not necessary. You may, however, upgrade later on.

We just need to do scale of preference in this circumstances because there are different payment processors though PayPal is proven to be very reliable but if one is not comfortable with their services you opt for another one that is better.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds