Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Paypal business account in India

From the little information I know, PayPal needs to work differently in India because of the government restrictions. They had to create a company in India which pays higher taxes and therefore extra costs are involved in working with Indian users. That's why all the transactions from India are required to pay fees

Advertisement Placeholder
I do not know who PayPal operates in India. However, what I know is if you cannot convert your business account back to a personal account. You can close the account and then open another account, a personal account. If you do not have balance or outstanding payment, closing an account is easy.

It's quite unfortunate what PayPal are doing to developing country like India but in my country Nigeria, we are restricted from receiving money at all with our PayPal account. PayPal is just so biased against developing countries for their selfish reasons.

Yesterday I have contacted Paypal about downgrading my business Paypal account to an individual account. They told me that, without doing some business, Paypal wouldn't be able to receive any money, for my country users.

I was a bit shocked to hear that. In other words, people in India can never receive any gifts from their overseas relatives. Every transaction will have a Paypal fee deduction as well.
I believe this is not fair. Anyone else feels the same here?
I really don't know the reason why paypal keep some countries out of their system to be able to use their platform,we all want to use paypal because we feel safe receiving our funds through them. Like my country as well is among their blacklisted country that can use their platform,we feel so bad about it as well.

I'm telling you assuming PayPal is the only means of transaction from inter country relation it would have been more frustrating than this... Not only India facing this problem, even we the Nigerians are in same shoes....

Yes you are very correct this is unfair, but sometimes everyone has to follow the rules and regulation of the country, as a citizen you need to obey by the rules do you don't get arrested.

This is the business attitudes that is killing and will killed PayPal as global payment platform. There are so many countries that could not receive PayPal payment for some reasons known to PayPal, some have had their accounts limited unjustifiable with their funds locked up in it.

I am so surprised that India with its large population cannot be able to use PayPal as a payment option. This is all that case of PayPal in my country Nigeria as we have never been able to use their services before but nonetheless you can use crypto to so whatever thing you want to do.

PayPal is not favorable at all. You could wake up one day and realize you can't withdraw your money again. I don't know why they are this strict.

At all at all it's still been in use in idea but it's as been definately banned in my country so we are at a more disadvantage compared to india and PayPal account is the best.

Yesterday I have contacted Paypal about downgrading my business Paypal account to an individual account. They told me that, without doing some business, Paypal wouldn't be able to receive any money, for my country users.

I was a bit shocked to hear that. In other words, people in India can never receive any gifts from their overseas relatives. Every transaction will have a Paypal fee deduction as well.
I believe this is not fair. Anyone else feels the same here?
I think really very bad for people in India and it’s even good that it’s showing here so that can say one or two things about it but I’ve not really in my life be a fan of paypal.

I actually do not know if my Paypal account is personal or business. But whenever I would receive payment from the sites that I work on there is a big deduction in the form of fees. However, when I send money to my wife as a gift there is no deduction although I am not sure if there is a limit to the amount that can be sent without deduction.

PayPal is not favorable at all. You could wake up one day and realize you can't withdraw your money again. I don't know why they are this strict.
That has written lots of people off overnight cos of such incessant behavior of paypal. They should stop behaving strict like BMF Admin, in order not to see massive customers exodus in the future.

PayPal is quite not supported in so many countries and this has affected a lot of people trying to do transactions. In Nigeria you can't receive money with PayPal account except you use foreign PayPal account.

I don't see the need for the Indian authorities to ban the use of PayPal account in your country ,because PayPal account is just a legit way of transferring currencies from one country to another, maybe they have a better idea why they decided so.

I'm not sure this is a new thing. I think PayPal have some countries that they don't function in, for reason best known to them.

Its devastating that PayPal is taking every charges to any payment made into the payment accounts of every Indian citizen. Paypal should try to reduce their whopping charges to suit their customers.

I feel the pains and disappointments you are feeling about this right now. I can only imagine how stressful this could be to you

You are not alone, it is the same thing in my country even though my country is not india, that is why I prefer to use other means like perfect money, crypto currency etc

I don't see the need for the Indian authorities to ban the use of PayPal account in your country ,because PayPal account is just a legit way of transferring currencies from one country to another, maybe they have a better idea why they decided so.
Some times the people heading the regulatory agencies have personal issues with PayPal z that is why the ban it from their country.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds