Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Managing staff(s) in a key section of your company.

ahmedo24

Captain Junkie
Credits
In every organizations there are different sections and some of the sections are highly sensitive, if you are into product or service business you will have the account sections, marketing , human resources , security etc. In your opinion how long should one keep the staff(s) in sensitive position before transfer to another.?

Advertisement Placeholder
Are you keeping them to the transferred department permanently or what , if so then i think the person could spend a year to master the skill very well

In my experience each department of section have their own type of work like what you mentioned in Accounting and there is Marketing. We do not transfer an Accounting staff to Marketing unless the employee would make a request .But still, the transfer has to be studied because Marketing has a different discipline from Accounting. It is best for the staff to specialize in their own unit.

When a staff performs well in their duties, they generally remain in the department they are in. They do not change it unless the worker requests the change for compelling reasons, or they give him a promotion in the department and place someone else.

If the staffs are performing well in their respectives and various department and sections , I don't think there's any cause for transferring them since they are doing well, you can only transfer employee to another department If you feel he/she is not capable or working well in his present department, but I think employer like to rotate and seperate long Time employee to different department because of fear that they might be plotting bad things against the company.

If the staffs are performing well in their respectives and various department and sections , I don't think there's any cause for transferring them since they are doing well, you can only transfer employee to another department If you feel he/she is not capable or working well in his present department, but I think employer like to rotate and seperate long Time employee to different department because of fear that they might be plotting bad things against the company.
This situation is true, I have seen very closely that the immediate bosses of the companies rotate the personnel, for fear that they might get involved to harm or steal from the company. This is important and perhaps the reason why many employers try to avoid cronyism among workers.

As long as the employee is trust worthy and as long as the employee has not done anything wrong, you can keep your staff in the sensitive position. However, you should also closely watch the person for any red flags.

As long as the employee is trust worthy and as long as the employee has not done anything wrong, you can keep your staff in the sensitive position. However, you should also closely watch the person for any red flags.
Of course, I agree with you, because I know employees who are totally trustworthy, and in this case employers try to keep them close to them as it is difficult to get employees of that quality.

Whether you have realized this or not I also see a lot of sincere employees starts becoming cheater when they have worked for a long time in the same company and same position.

Whether you have realized this or not I also see a lot of sincere employees starts becoming cheater when they have worked for a long time in the same company and same position.
I have also seen it up close, it is unfortunate but true, some are influenced by other employees, others by displeasure with their superiors, and other unfounded reasons. What they do is to harm themselves and the company.

a lot of people who were sincere in the beginning starts cheating. The only reason I can see on this is they are not being duly rewarded by their employer.

Tips for Managing Your Team Effectively
1) Maintain good communication.
2) Build positive working relationships.
3) Acknowledge good work.
4) Be real.
5) Be decisive.
6) Delegate jobs to the right people.
7) Manage conflict.
8) Set a good example.

In every organizations there are different sections and some of the sections are highly sensitive, if you are into product or service business you will have the account sections, marketing , human resources , security etc. In your opinion how long should one keep the staff(s) in sensitive position before transfer to another.?
I remember last year when I was still working, the first time i joined the company I thought the whole company is based on a particular task, I was later orientated that there are different sections in the company.

I remember last year when I was still working, the first time i joined the company I thought the whole company is based on a particular task, I was later orientated that there are different sections in the company.
That's why orientation at interval of time in a company is very important because it makes the employees to be well acquainted with the activities of the company and it enables them to be able to give out detailed and accurate information that will promote their company.

Well it depends on the company policy tho. There companies that allow employees retain a particular position for four to five years while others retain their trusted employees until they are due for promotion

Keep them as much as you want, you'll only promote them when you wish. But its advised to promote staffs or employees when their input is taking tje company or business to greater course.

In an organisation there are various depertments and those that are sadle with the responsibility to operate there,reason why during employment their role is stated,you don't just push people into another depertment just like that,except they are related,and also when they make a request for a shift.

I think here trust would play an important role, not everyone is a bad person if you ask me, there are some employees who treat the affairs of their companies like it's their personal affairs

I believe I'm specialization, if an employee is good at a department then I don't see why he should be moved I would only move someone who is not functioning well and I feel will function better in that department.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds