Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Lifetime Business or Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Job comes with little to no financial risk whereas business involves a much greater risk. In times of financial crisis in business, one can also end up losing their personal assets whereas the one with a job can always enjoy the satisfaction of going home and live on its savings for time being

Advertisement Placeholder
Job comes with little or no financial risk, while a much greater risk is involved in industry. One can also end up losing their personal assets in times of financial distress in businesses, while those with a job can still enjoy the satisfaction of going home and surviving on their savings for the time being.
Being on the job means that you will never grow from what they are paying you which is written in your appointment agreement when you are hired no matter what you do or how much you stress yourself on the job. This is why most people don't look for eternal engagement as a jobber.

Job comes with little to no financial risk whereas business involves a much greater risk. In times of financial crisis in business, one can also end up losing their personal assets whereas the one with a job can always enjoy the satisfaction of going home and live on its savings for time being
There is a lot of risk in the business as you are the brain of that business but in the job , the brain is your boss and your employees that is why it involves negligible amount of risk. Still this is a factor for preferrence.

There is a lot of risk in the business as you are the brain of that business but in the job , the brain is your boss and your employees that is why it involves negligible amount of risk. Still this is a factor for preferrence.
Have you ever heard about job security? There is nothing like that especially when you are working for a greedy boss or employer. There is always a high possibility that you will come to work one day and be sacked, so you keep on living the life of uncertainty, why? But you can solve all this by taking the better risk and start your own business and grow it.

To be honest, no one who knows what he is doing will choose a job when there is an opportunity to go for business. Business has a lot of advantages over job, in terms of time, management, efforts, etc. So I will choose business anytime, any day.

if you have a good business already then why would you go for Job. This is what Business is more worthy than Job. By job you have to work according to you schedule and also a specific amount of money you get pay. So if you have a business then even after death your kids can run same business, but if you are a job holder, after death your house car everything will be back to company and nothing will left for kids or family.

Business has more prestige and independence that comes with it rather than a job where by you will be under somebody who may even lord it over you. All jobs are always very stressful, they want to maximize all your strength to work for them but as for business, you will decide how much you want to work.

Business has more prestige and independence that comes with it rather than a job where by you will be under somebody who may even lord it over you. All jobs are always very stressful, they want to maximize all your strength to work for them but as for business, you will decide how much you want to work.
Exactly, and come to think of it, they never really appreciate your effort for them in the business where you kill yourself every day for peanut salary. I can remember the last time I fell sick and my boss couldn't allow me to heal properly. They only gave me 1 day off to typhoid fever. Can you imagine?

Nowadays, unless you are a doctor or a nurse (or other health field tasks) hired to work in a clinic or private hospital, is to prefer mostly a business, if our conditions let us to become entrepreneurs. I remember, until the nineties, a lot of people would strongly answer being very better a 9 to 5 job, as until those times a 9 to 5 job meant an employment all life long. As business is bound to risk rate (mistakes may lead to bankruptcy) and a long life 9 to 5 job was considered riskless. In addition, a 9 to 5 job was the best to grant a pension. But now, at least around the countries I know, the lifetime job doesn't exist any more: it's merely a legacy from the past. Well, until you don't work in the public sector after winning a public examination and overcoming the probationary period. Now a business and a 9 to 5 job may present a certain rate risks, even cause different reasons, but I prefere business because self-employed has no demanding boss, no unbearable colleagues, no abusive work environment.

It depends the job type and the business type, if it is a Federal Government job I will choose the job, but if the business is one of these big telecommunications business then I will go for business, actually I preferred business but most business tends to fail because of the government policies.

I will answer based on my own view. I would pick a job if I am at an age that is very active like the twenties and early thirties. However anything above that age bracket, I would pick a business.

It depends the job type and the business type, if it is a Federal Government job I will choose the job, but if the business is one of these big telecommunications business then I will go for business, actually I preferred business but most business tends to fail because of the government policies.
The truth of the matter is that such federal government job is seen as a hot cake job here in my country Nigeria. There is no way you can get such job easily without going further miles and even sacrificing something in return for the job. If it's not money, it will be your honor and dignity.

It depends on your personal reasoning.
But as for me and those who wants to earn big money, it is a life time job, you can never earn as much as a Business as a salary earner but if you have a business running you will make a hell lot of money.
Even you children can inherit your business but they can never ever inherit your job.

I have been thinking which one is best , either business or job .
The only difference i see is that the job has the fixed working hours and in the business , there is no fixed time , you have to do the work accordingly whether day or night.

Are there any other points which make him choose business or job.
I would prefer to go with the business , What about you?
Lifetime business is the dream and aspiration of all active workers on salary/wages/paid jobs. Most are in their respective paid jobs with their employer but deep down in their mind, they all seek to be independent one day.
I am currently on salary and I am eagerly planning towards resigning to start up but not without a good plan

I have always been a fan of business I can never pick job over business. job is not sustainable but business is very much sustainable, job as limited security but business has unlimited security. So business over job for me.

According to my own point of view, I believe business to be the best not job. Because business grow and get bigger, but as for job you only do it for salary. And when working as a job man, at a point in your life you get tired and retire. But business never end

Lifetime business is the dream and aspiration of all active workers on salary/wages/paid jobs. Most are in their respective paid jobs with their employer but deep down in their mind, they all seek to be independent one day.
I am currently on salary and I am eagerly planning towards resigning to start up but not without a good plan
Exactly, no sane human being or employee would like to keep working for an organization or company till the end of their sorry life. It's not a reasonable thing to do because you are supposed to have some sense of independence in your life otherwise, you will be a slave forever.

I think business is better than job. I would like to own business over a job. If I will my own business it will be better to work under someone. If you have own business you can get better profit. Through investment you can make bigger your business.

I prefer business. In business I can be the boss and holds your own time. It is difficult but you reap what you sow. Job is not bad at all as long as you love your profession and love doing it. Business and job can be both passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds