Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

It’s Okay to Take a Risk—and Fail?

It is okay to take a risk and to fail in doing so. It’s even necessary to fail in some situations.
If you drill deeply enough into their stories, the most successful and powerful leaders in nearly every domain owe their successes to having faced meaningful adversity, challenge, and failure along the way.
Though I don’t like failure any more than the next person, what I know is that you will learn in the middle of it, and, if you will allow it, you will be changed.
Oh In fact, failure will be one of the best teachers of life lessons you will have. The poignant moments I experienced during two very difficult, failure-filled years of starting my own consulting firm (Lifevision, Inc. in 1998 and 1999) are still with me today. Some of the lessons I learned include:
  • Why it is crucial to focus on what a client really needs as opposed to what I want to deliver to them.
  • How not to underestimate the competitive nature of the marketplace.
The purpose of being a good and a successful business man is the ability of being able to take a risk in business, and sometimes you might win and sometimes fail.

Advertisement Placeholder
In business to go very far you have to be a risk taker there are no foolproof measure in business, you can't be to careful if you are you will miss out on many opportunities.

It is ok to take a risk but it is better to take a calculated risk most especially when it has to do with money, money can make someone also break someone the only thing is you have to be really careful about decisions it has to do with money because everything all boils down to decision and the risk you are willing to take. Calculated risk is very important

Its normal to take a risk buy now adays people now take calculated risk. It's not really adviceable to just take risk without you calculating how the danger will affect your growth. With this you will be able to know what to do

I don't think it's good to take the risk that you know you will failed because this will not do any good to you and your business because it's a deliberate action.

Inasmuch as there is nothing wrong with taking a risk in a business, you also need to understand that it is very useless for you to take risk that doesn't make sense,you need to take calculated risks in what you are doing.
No matter how calculated a risk was, if the risk will fail it will surely fail. The point was that, we should not be afraid to take risk in business if we want the business to progress.

No matter how calculated a risk was, if the risk will fail it will surely fail. The point was that, we should not be afraid to take risk in business if we want the business to progress.
There are some risks that you personally will never take , having 15 million and you are not sure of the business you are investing the money on, you will not like to take a risks on something you are not hundred percent sure.

Should one fail while taking a risk, it builds experience and serves as a guide to avoiding another pitfall. No one says success is a straight road to ply. One has to learn and accept both ways but the thirst and hunger for success would be the underlying factor to reach the top.

There are some risks that you personally will never take , having 15 million and you are not sure of the business you are investing the money on, you will not like to take a risks on something you are not hundred percent sure.
When we talk about risks, it not jumping on anything that doesn't have substance. Before you do any risky business, you must have weighed your options very well before you take the risk.

It's not every kind of risk we will take because there are some risks we take that are not worth taking because they add nothing to our experience.

Its ok to fail or lose money by taking risk , only if you can afford to lose the money or afford to lose something else in other case where you are taking risk.

That's why a very good way to start in niche that offers service includes voluntary work so as to gain experience and know how to do things better. The more you're corrected, the more your learning process is sped up

People who are taking risks in life at the one that are successful, and I do not see the needs for you not to take risks on something you believe on, as long as it is not something that will land you in prison.

I am against this notion that it is ok to fail. Failure is not just a loss of money, it is a failure of your dreams. When dreams fail, your entire persona will be in trouble. However, this does not men failure is the end of your existence. You should continue to work hard.

When we talk about risks, it not jumping on anything that doesn't have substance. Before you do any risky business, you must have weighed your options very well before you take the risk.
What the poster was trying to say is that is it really okay for you to take a risk and fail , he was trying to talk about any risk without even weighting as you have just said, this is not really the best.

That is why some of the great people in the world said that failure is a step to success because you know what you did wrong and can now avoid such and do better.

It's not new if you take a risk and it fails. But your never say die attitude is what should characterize your life. So, when you take a risk and you fall down, you got to pick your self up.
It's okay to take a good business risk and fail but it is not okay to take it as an attitude to feel because one must fail in trying to make success but doesn't mean it should fail

It is okay to take a risk and to fail in doing so. It’s even necessary to fail in some situations.
If you drill deeply enough into their stories, the most successful and powerful leaders in nearly every domain owe their successes to having faced meaningful adversity, challenge, and failure along the way.
Though I don’t like failure any more than the next person, what I know is that you will learn in the middle of it, and, if you will allow it, you will be changed.
Oh In fact, failure will be one of the best teachers of life lessons you will have. The poignant moments I experienced during two very difficult, failure-filled years of starting my own consulting firm (Lifevision, Inc. in 1998 and 1999) are still with me today. Some of the lessons I learned include:
  • Why it is crucial to focus on what a client really needs as opposed to what I want to deliver to them.
  • How not to underestimate the competitive nature of the marketplace.
I think its okay to take a risk and then fail. I also agree with your statement that its even necessary to fail in some situations in order to learn lessons. Yes I believe that successful and powerful leaders have suffered defeats and losses in their journey to become a success. Me too i do not like failures. I always wanted success and never failures.

I think its okay to take a risk and then fail. I also agree with your statement that its even necessary to fail in some situations in order to learn lessons. Yes I believe that successful and powerful leaders have suffered defeats and losses in their journey to become a success. Me too i do not like failures. I always wanted success and never failures.
Taking risk is ok, but the risk should be calculated one. There are many ways that we can minimise it, by implementing proper strategy, we should take the full advantage of that to minimise the risk and maximize the profit.

It is not bad to take a risk and fail in business, not taking risk at all is the worst thing. When we take a risk and failed, we learn things that will make us to avoid future occurrence.
This is also my philosophy in life because I know that it is highly impossible for you to think that you can just start up a business and you just the successful also because there is always going to be tendency of you failing in your first business because there is nothing that is sweating when it comes to business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds