Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is people management a needed skill for all managers?

Yes people management skills is a must have for all managers and business owners alike. Because without this people's management skill, you will end up loosing potential opportunities

Advertisement Placeholder
It is somewhat shocking that Managing Directors feel it is only right for Human Resources Persons (HR) to possess people management skills as if they (MD) are not supposed to be well equipped with this particular skill.

What's your take as an individual on this?
The managing director have is own part to play when it comes to managing the company but the human resource persons is specially train to manage people

That is what I was trying to say that there is a difference between business management and people management skills and both of them are not the same, if you think that tolerating people gave them the room to do what they like then what is people management skills ?
Peoples management involves directing, controlling and supervising of employees to achieve the goals of the business while tolerating staff in business allows them to do as they like which is not good for the business.

Yes it is very important for the manager to acquire people management skills because he/she not only managing the organization without the people working there. He/She should know how to relate and control the activities of the people working with in a professional manner.
People's management is needed hundred percent in business in order to make business work for you you must be able to know how to manage your human resources for effective production.

Peoples management involves directing, controlling and supervising of employees to achieve the goals of the business while tolerating staff in business allows them to do as they like which is not good for the business.
Wow, I would like to know more, but it is possible for a business manager to manage a business without having a skills to manage people because sometimes this is not always the main priority.

A manager who doesn't have knowledge of human management skills we found it difficult to coordinate people to achieve a goal in the workplace.

She can be arrested no doubt but she will only be used for investigation to know who actually encourage her to do the criminal activities she was doing, that is just all m
You're making sense dear, the best is getting her arrested. Someone might be hiding in the scene, which he or she is behind in.the saga that led the girl executing such detestable action.

You're making sense dear, the best is getting her arrested. Someone might be hiding in the scene, which he or she is behind in.the saga that led the girl executing such detestable action.
Unfortunately I don't know what is happening to the Nigerian police force that they do not keep the public updated on the progress about what happened to the supermarket ,up till now we have not heard anything about that.

Individuals administration is actually extremely essential except supervisors alone however all of workers consisting of those in the client solutions division since individuals administration includes accomplishment of abilities , optimization as well as enhancement of abilities to allow the workers to remain to add to the development as well as rate of the company unconfined.

anyone who is in the position of leadership should have the ability to manage and control people and I think people management skill is very important.

Unfortunately I don't know what is happening to the Nigerian police force that they do not keep the public updated on the progress about what happened to the supermarket ,up till now we have not heard anything about that.
Are you sure they haven't taking bribe? Cos they are simply that way. I don't trust the Nigerian police force cos nothing can be written good about them.

Of course it because you are dealing with people and knowing how to manage them is something that's important so that the company will grow.

Well since managers deal with a lot of people in business it is necessary that they have to manage people especially customers in a way that they are comfortable in dealing with you in your business.

It is somewhat shocking that Managing Directors feel it is only right for Human Resources Persons (HR) to possess people management skills as if they (MD) are not supposed to be well equipped with this particular skill.

What's your take as an individual on this?
Most managing directors of some companies don't want to do anything as long as they have human resources manager they believe is their duty to know more about people management skills of which is not suppose to be like that.

Are you sure they haven't taking bribe? Cos they are simply that way. I don't trust the Nigerian police force cos nothing can be written good about them.
If they have to take bribe they should have taken it from the owner of the company because that is where the Bride will come from for them to fetch out who have been committing the crime

If they have to take bribe they should have taken it from the owner of the company because that is where the Bride will come from for them to fetch out who have been committing the crime
Okay, that means they are trying to work well with transparency and not appearing like their usual ways again, like being corrupt and taking bribes.

Okay, that means they are trying to work well with transparency and not appearing like their usual ways again, like being corrupt and taking bribes.
Well I don't even know how they are even trying to do because most of our police are unpredictable, I may not even be surprised to hear that they have taken bribe and the case has been swept under carpet.

Well I don't even know how they are even trying to do because most of our police are unpredictable, I may not even be surprised to hear that they have taken bribe and the case has been swept under carpet.
Laughs, I know the police, they are capable of playing prawns any time cos its their norm. They aren't straightforward in any way in our country.

Laughs, I know the police, they are capable of playing prawns any time cos its their norm. They aren't straightforward in any way in our country.
All these things happen because of bad leadership and lack of proper arrangement in the system ,if they are serious they can arrange all these things in a point that no police will ever get a bribe from anyone again.

People management skill is a skill that all managers must possess. A manager needs the skill to direct or control people to do what he want so as to achieve the goals of the business.
You are right. This people management skills is indeed mandatory for the manager to possess. They do not have the right to become manager, if they do not have people management skills.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds