Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

is it good to work after retirement?

It depends because most individuals only accept retirement appointments and some individuals may choose to work after retirement so they retire early and are still willing to work. The most significant aspect is that the person likes what he or she is doing.

Advertisement Placeholder
I can't say its good or not good. But it depends on the age of that retiree. If for example, at the age of retirement he or she is still young, she can chase another job after his or her retirement but if he or she as at the age of retirement, he or she is above 60 years, he or she shouldn't go for any job again but if he or she decide to work, he or she should just learn some handiwork and do.

Yes you right,i said if you have energy then you can.but if you not then should take rest
Of course yes, it's all about how filled with energy and strength one who's already retired is what determines if he or she would go head on at working again for one last ride. My countrymen are very agile when it comes to always being willing to work as long as they can be paid.

yes, it is good to work after retirement but this depend on the individual and the age of that individual most people when we when they retire young alike doing one or two businesses in order for them not to be idle why others decide to just rest and have time with the family.

Working after retirement can be a lot tasking. You might just be lucky to be retired at an early age. There are other ways one can make money after retirement either through investing in real estate or agriculture.

It' all depends on the individual. After alot o years been a workaholic, with a lots of stresses and challenges, successes and failures. It is most important to take a break at that age when you have retired. Even though your mind wants to continue, but your body is growing weak. It's now time to sit back and reap the rewards of your labour. Pay more attention to your health and family. Even though you would want to work again, let it be once in a while.

It is not a bad idea if your bones are still active and strong. Other than that, please rest your aching bones and set up a passive business that brings in money every now and then. You can even go into agriculture, employ the young and energetic ones to work on your farm, pay them and get everything done while resting at home.

yes, it is good to work after retirement but this depend on the individual and the age of that individual most people when we when they retire young alike doing one or two businesses in order for them not to be idle why others decide to just rest and have time with the family.
Yes exactly, you are absolutely right about the age of the individual being a major factor in determining whether the person who has already retired can be able to work actively again. Also the nature of the new job he's looking for may not favor his old age.

I don't like working after retirement, your retirement period should be for you to rest and earn your pension. You should rather invest in business that will yield a lot of money and will require less stress.

Consultant/Freelance. Working for yourself is a great way to earn extra money on your schedule. ...
Driver. Do you like to drive? ...
Event Staff. ...
Hotel Concierge. ...
Caretaker/House Sitter. ...
Pet Sitter. ...
Retail. ...
Substitute Teacher or Aide.
If you feel like not yet tired after the retirement there is nothing stopping you from working. In fact getting yourself engaged helps to keep you fit and healthy, I want like sitting down at home heat and doing nothing.

There are some people want to enjoy it there retirement fully but the situation of the country force them to do otherwise.

I think working after retirement is very good to preserve the well-being of the person but the work should not be something tedious but something to just engage the person because some people are not used to been idle or homing all day and night.

Well there’s nothing bad with working after retirement infact it’s the best idea. After 35years In service, your job would’ve become a part of you and it wouldn’t be easy to take that part away from you. Also this will help keep them fit and reduce their vulnerability to any health mishaps. It’s also a means to generate income.

Who says you can't work if you choose to after your retirement? It is a matter of choice. Some wouldn't do that. They will choose to sit at home, wait for their pension and lead their quite and content life that way. But if your strength can take you, the go ahead

My father and his cousin were working after past their 80th birthday. They enjoyed working and I guess they would get sick if they would not be working anymore. My father retired at age 84 and my uncle retired at age 83. I guess they enjoyed more their life at work than when they were retired. I would also like to continue working at old age.

My father and his cousin were working after past their 80th birthday. They enjoyed working and I guess they would get sick if they would not be working anymore. My father retired at age 84 and my uncle retired at age 83. I guess they enjoyed more their life at work than when they were retired. I would also like to continue working at old age.
@Alexandoy that's good. He must have been healthy to goo about his routines for years. The aged ones sometimes need to something that brings them joy at such an old age. If you truly want to stay active for that long, i suggest you start looking after your health.

There is nothing bad about working after retirement if you feel like you can still perform at optimal level, I don't see why not?. I have seen people who are supposed to be retired but are still going strong and working.
Yes, if you think you have enough energy right now to do something I must know a lot of people who started their own business with their savings at the time of retirement.And now they are reaping huge profits from it and they have set up a business for their children so that they can earn a good living.

People who work after retirement often remain more active and socially connected, which can mean better overall health and fewer medical issues. Working part-time can give you a sense of being part of something without being tied to a career and long hours.

In my opinion I think anyone can work after retirement but your age matters . If you retired at the age of 70 then I'm not so sure you can work after retirement cause you're not strong enough anymore that is why it is good for you to have a future plan set out when you're young and working.

It is a personal choice. Some people will like to be doing work after retirement and some will not after retirement because they believe that nothing more than to be receiving a pension. But as for me I will have to plan myself before retirement because I don't want to do any stressful business/work after a retirement.

For me I think that is the the to rest but it depends on your effort during service, some invested in there children during service and later in the future there children will reciprocate, while some invested and continued to eat the fruit of there labour.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds