Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hobbies as retirement jobs

Editing would be a good one, it is a good skill and if I will study it it might be a very nice future job after the retirement. My films teacher is an editor and when she earns she earns a lot of money and it is really worth it but the problem is that she doesn't always has the customers who want her to edit them movies so that big amount of money is for that long time when she doesn't have a job. She is a teacher for the monthly income but her hobby which is editing is a side job.
So it is indeed possible that I will work at the same job after my retirement.
I know a lot of people who do editing for free and I always tell them that they can make it their main source of income because they are very good at it

Advertisement Placeholder
What hobby do you consider as a good part time job or gig for those who retire, but still want to be able to work and enjoy what they do? With me, I find that making different wooden items like benches and chairs to be a good hands on hobby, that can be used as a job for someone who is retired.
They can read books and review them, post to paid forums, maybe even trade if they have experience, or farm and things like that. Personally, when I retire, I will definitely have some kind of hobby that can make money for me.

Writing is a great hobby from which a retired person can make money. You can write books, blog, do freelance writing jobs or teach writing skills online and offline. With so much wisdom that retired people have, they can offer the best writings .

When I retire, I would write more. Writing is my hobby and when I retire, I would take that chance to go deeper into the world of writing. I would publish a memoir.

That's a good idea, i think if you have your hobby as a business you are going to absolutely love it, you are not going to feel lazy or something, that's really good.

When you start making money, your hobby will no longer be your hobby, it will be your job or a business. I started building websites as a hobby but now it is my profession.

When you start making money, your hobby will no longer be your hobby, it will be your job or a business. I started building websites as a hobby but now it is my profession.
Making money might be a hobby online when you like doing certain thing in exchange for money , but when it become constant , then it went from hobby to a proper business,

Cooking is a great retirement hobby, giving you the opportunity to hone your skills and enjoy a tasty meal at the end. Website like BBC good food (opens in a new tab) can be a place to find new recipes. You could try cooking with friends and family, and even host a dinner party to show off your cooking skills.

That's true,but what really matters is earning money if you can earn money from that then that's just fine,it doesn't matter if it is your hobby or not as long as you are are earning money from it.

Sometimes your hobby will never become your profession as you are unable to utilize it to make a lot of money. Even though all hobbies can be monetized, not all hobbies will make you a lot of money.

Sometimes your hobby will never become your profession as you are unable to utilize it to make a lot of money. Even though all hobbies can be monetized, not all hobbies will make you a lot of money.

This is true. It is not everything that you enjoy doing is going to give you a lot of money. For instance, teachers earn peanuts here and if one who likes to teach focus on how much they are making from this hobby, they won't go far at all.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds