Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to retire and start business at 60 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owning a business is one of the best anyone can ever do for him or herself. If you own a business, you are your own boss, no one pays, you make the profit yourself and of course you are in charge of your time. So if one has the knack for business even after retiring then they should go into something productive. Age is simply a number that may cause redundancy

Advertisement Placeholder
Well there’s nothing bad in venturing into a business after retirement. This is probably the best time to start a business cause you have the experience and also the time to monitor your business effectively. Though it’s not advisable to venture into streinous business that requires a lot of energy invested

I don't think one should just start a business after retiring, start the business before you retire so that you can take your time to plan the business properly. It is not easy but I feel it's better to retire to an already established business rather than just starting afresh.

There is no age limit to start a business, never think you are teen ager neither old age, whenever it comes to your mind, study the selected field and go for it.

No dear its not advisable totally because the 60 years of age is just to take rest at home and enjoy the remaining days of life. At this age now in this era you almost got enough old that you can't do any work. So if you are interested in doing business then you must take retirement at the age of 45 years.

Some people actually go to the village to rest after their retirement. Some people are so do not like to go to the village to rest after their retirement, some will decide to go into business. My uncle for example, says he's not going to go to the village, that is going into business after his 35 years in public service. So this depends on individual questions but left for me I wouldn't retire at 60 and just fold my arms.

Yeah it is advisable if a person who got retirement and gain large amount of money can start his own business at the age of 60 .
whatever because it depends on his health and thinking capability that how strong he is and how much he can work more in his own business it actually depends on the capability and willpower how to make himself busy in any kind of thing.

There are many kinds which type of the business if the business is easy and not get the energy its optional to give chance the older.But if the busines is advance and you are in the cometition zone so you must gives the opportunity to the younger instead of older one.because older people are now to take rest

I don't think anyone 60 who will be retired and start a company will begin with a big profit, because a lot of factors like creativity, advertising, social media marketing, the power of competitors, etc. come into play and a 60-year-old does not want to worry because of his age and his health.

Yes, it is good for retiree to start business at that aged because find something to be doing would keep them to be healthy and strong. for them to be involved in business at that age is not because they want to achieve their goals or dream, but is to keeping them strong and healthy.

Yeah, it is good for you, when you are sixty, to leave work to open your own business to a certain degree and to afford.Infacts, to my very own mind, if you think that you can start up and run a business effectively before you hit your age, I think that you should withdraw from work and follow your dreams and self-confidence.

There are businesses fit for a person who is 60 years and there is nothing wrong in doing a business at such age. The only consideration when doing business at such age after retirement is that you have to set up a business that doesn’t require physical energy or better still a business where you employ someone and you just act like a supervisor come to visit and take note once in a while.

I don't support a retiree going into business at this age to compete with the person that had been in the business for over ten years.
Yes you have a point but a retiree at 60 can still establish a business and employ some competent hands to run the business on his behalf while he arranges payment for them and only supervises the business once in a while.

To be successful in business, you need to start this business at the age of 30.Because at the age of thirty, a person can give maximum energy to the business. And in the same way, he can stabilize his business well at that age.

Yes it is advisable to retire at 60years and start a business, but he should have planned how to start the business before he or she retires from his place of work, but the kind of business must not entails running around.
Yes, as a person that wants to start a business after a retirement, he/she should be planning what kind business to do after retirement, a business that will not go with stress. Maybe to invest on something like real estate or something else that will be generating a money.

For a retiree to go into a business after he or she must have worked for several years and then going into the business as a very good age is a no-no for me because really there are so many persons who ventured into the same business when we were still young and believing me that those persons will continue to control the factors of the business as a result the person who went in to get late night even find it difficult to make a decent living from the business

It all depends on the strength you have, your mental state and your physical state. You need to be strong and healthy to start a business and I believe that at the age of 60 you can run a good business if your feeling good physically and mentally

There is absolutely no time that one can't start a business because businesses are not time bound enterprises. There are some companies that were started by someone but that someone later died and their children took over so businesses are not time bound ventures. Anyone can start up a business at any time provided he or she is strong enough to conduct their business and run it.

I personally don't think on should start or can a business at a particular age or time. There is no age limit to start or own a business whether of line or online. I think it is better to start a business before retirement so has be better prepared for the business after retirement.

I don't support a retiree going into business at this age to compete with the person that had been in the business for over ten years.
Sincerely I see nothing bad in it @Princeeffiong. Starting at an early or youthful age gives young entrepreneurs edge in maximizing the usefulness of Technology. It enables quick implementation of the use of tech in advancing the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds