Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to retire and start business at 60 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
60 should not be a fixed attainable age for retirement, I think one should target at most 10 years of working for a salary job, regardless of the age before and after the ten years. The saved money after ten years would have been used to establish and develop the owned business even before the ten years.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't support a retiree going into business at this age to compete with the person that had been in the business for over ten years.
When the person retires he can go into a business similar to what he was doing while working, like when my aunt retired from a textiles factory she started selling fabrics online and offline and it's very convenient for her even at her age because she has background knowledge.

Yes it is good to have a business after you retire. Being aged 60 and above doesn't make it late. The only thing I would recommend for a sixty year old is setting up a small scale business that you can manage easily without stressing yourself.

Yes, it's advisable to start a business at age of 60 after retirement and you must prepare your self before the date, because it's not a good idea to be stress your self when you tend to rest. You can invest on something that will be generating a money for you like a real estate investment you will just to be monitoring it without much stress.

I don't support a retiree going into business at this age to compete with the person that had been in the business for over ten years.
I don't support your view on whether a retiree should start a business after retirement. I don't see anything bad in it since there are many businesses he or she can venture into without stressing him or herself. What of starting a real estate business.

As long as you are in the land of the living, you can do whatever you please. If opening a business when you retire will give you the financial freedom you crave for, please do it as long as you have the funds. You will never regret this.

Yes it is advisable to retire at 60years and start a business, but he should have planned how to start the business before he or she retires from his place of work, but the kind of business must not entails running around.

In fact it's very much advisable to retire and start your personal business before that age. From my own perspective, one should retire from these normal 8am-5pm conventional jobs and focus on his other career development in business.

Yeah it is advisable for you to retire from your job at age sixty to open your own business si far as you are comfortable to some extent and can afford it.Infact in my own opinion, if you think you can successfully start and manage a business even before you get to this age, I think you should retire from the job and chase your dream and self reliance.
[automerge]1612688884[/automerge]
Yeah it is advisable for you to retire from your job at age sixty to open your own business si far as you are comfortable to some extent and can afford it.Infact in my own opinion, if you think you can successfully start and manage a business even before you get to this age, I think you should retire from the job and chase your dream and self reliance.

Supplement retirement savings
“Starting a business is a good way to keep up with living expenses, especially since you can earn full Social Security benefits at retirement age, currently 66, while continuing to work It's entirely possible to start a business after age 50
Most people who did it say it's more work than they imagined,"

Yeah, you can actually own a business or start a business of your own after retirement regardless of the age all you just have to do or know is make findings or research of the business u about to go into so it won't later fall our cause some bad situation...

There is time for everything, after retirement you should not be working but you should be earning and paying people to even work for you if need be. Thats while in your youthful age make plans that wll benefit you when the time comes.

I don't think is good enough to start a business at 60 years it is good to start a business before you you get alld as long as you can save a money you can able to start even a small business before rityerment. Starting a business before rityerment can help you to know more about the business.

Personally if I do not have any health challenges I will love to retire at the age of 65 or 70 then retire from any kind of business... Just stay at home wake up and eat... Do yoga and take part time classes on how to utilize opportunities... But retirement at the age of 60 is also cool though.

The odd of starting a business at age 60 is very slim. During such age a retires is suppose to live the best of his/her life before answering the call of the maker. Can a 60 year old stand the pressure, critical decision making making, the run around to make sure the business run fine, what about the decipline of staff, some staff might take advantage of his weakened body to sabotage the business, health wise, he/she can break down at any time.

Yes of course any body can eork, business and investment if he is still able to do that. You are not forced to compete in business you can also chose some other business like depositing in bank and get money in the form of interest. So you have multiple options even after retirement.

Yes it is very advisable to retire at the age 60 years of age it's not something to joke with by that time you should have satisfied everything you are looking for you have your house financially stable so what you need is just something you know you want to waste the time with enjoy your retirement so yes you don't need any hard work after the age is better to retire

Why not,someone can start business at age of 60 as a retiree so far the person is still agile to move around even there are some retiree that don't like to be sitting down at home after they retire. And there some business that don't involve moving around. So there is nothing wrong to do business after retire at 60 years.

it's a good thing to continue in your business after you are retirement because you will have time 100% for your business. But I don't advise anyone to just start a business after retirement. It's always good to find something doing while you are still in service.

Whether you should start a business at 60 or not should depend on your health condition. If you are healthy for your age, you do not have any complications, you can start a business at 60. What ultimately matters is your zeal, age is just a number. Having said that, you also need a strong backup plan so that you do not lose your life's saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds