Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to retire and start business at 60 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is advisable for you to retire at the age of 60. Within this age you start realising your body cannot do most of the things you were doing when you were younger so it's better you retire from your strangers work I'll go look for a small business to set up that can still bring the income to you either monthly or yearly

Advertisement Placeholder
Actually after retirement one supposed to rest, but considering the peanut after retirement one may be forced to look for other sources of income to keep sustaining him/her. And sometimes the are owed this money for months. At times, it doesn't come on time. He may not necessary be present for him to do business as hands can be employed to manage the business while he/she is the owner. Just my take.

If the retired man or woman has the passion to go into the business and have the necessary knowledge about the business I believe he or she can succeed, business is all about your plan and your goals
You just have to work towards your goals.

Retirees going into business at 60 years old is not bad. What matters is the time and how fast he or she can learn and adapt to the business. Business is the best option for retirees, as it will keep them busy and also to continually earn a living.

I don't think it's adviceable to retire at age 60 and start running helter skelter because of a business. If you know you have interest in business while in the civil service the best way to eat your cake and have it is to start the business alongside your job while you hire workers to work for you and you supervise at weekend

there is no limit to the age of starting a business as long as you still have the strength to monitor control the business and create ideas.at that age you may not have the power to run errands but you can employ staffs to do all that while yours is to monitor the affairs of the business

I don't support a retiree going into business at this age to compete with the person that had been in the business for over ten years.
There is nothing bad about retiring at this age for the sake of business establishment. You can retire at 60 and still make hits in your venture. Although, many people tend to retire before this age so as to focus wholly on business and other has phase of life.

There is nothing wrong if you decide to start of a business after retirement and grow your reserve as long as you are still healthy and vibrant, there is nothing wrong at all. Infact you would have gathered alot of experience and you will put all the experience to make the business stand out. It is actually a blessing.

Retirement business is one that when one retires after the service. He or she embarks on. However, before 60 one ought to have learn te act. So that after retirement one goes into it. It is still within the scope of eligibility if one still have the physical strength to go into such a business.

It is encouraged to have a business as retirement plan. But in my own opinion if one is able to get out of the job early enough before 60years of age to focus on his personal business it will be the best because at age 60 one have spent the most productive part of his life to serve another man.

everything depend on how you want to live your life if you wish you can retire in your life if you wish you can retire at the age of 60 I start a business that will be getting money for you it's depend how you want to live your life we have a lot of people that retire at the age of 60 and start a business

Some individuals dream of the day when they can do absolutely nothing. To them, retirement is a euphoric future of sleeping in, lounging in the sun, and thinking as little as possible for the next 30 years of their lives.

Just starting a business after retirement at the age of 60 is a wise decision. Anyone with a dream to start a business should start earlier before retirement, by the age 60, the business would have grown and then require little input unlike if it just starts at a age 60. The owner may not have enough strength and charisma at his disposal at age 60.

Sure why not? If you have enough strength, stamina then you should start your business after retirement. You can invest your money in any kind of business and earn from it on your own so you don't have to rely on someone else only if you still have good health and you can handle business.

I don't see any inconvenience for a person at the age of 60 to start a business. As long as the retiree has the strength, the health and the entrepreneurial spirit, I do not think that there should be any kind of limitations, otherwise it is admirable and an example to follow. My grandfather had a business and he took care of it until his last days at the age of 82.

You can always start your business even at that age but the best is to have started small while you were still in service especially if it were a government job where you always have some time free not withstanding , start your business and make sure you have a good business plan and location and follow the business rules as regards customer services and business management and there will be success ,all the best. lest I forget, choose products that have a high patronage and buying power.

Of all the reasons to start at business after age 50, perhaps the best one is that the years are passing.
Maybe it’s something you always wanted to do. For some, it’s a good strategy for getting more work years in before retirement.
Sure, it’s a lot of work and a lot of hours.
But there’s one thing that should not stop you.
Your age. The older you are, the greater your chances of success. Those over 50 are twice as likely to be successful as those under 25.

It is expected that these category of people must have worked hard for about 35 years and have finally retire to go and rest.that is why they receive pension and sit in one place.they should not be subjected to any form of competition please.
[automerge]1612695705[/automerge]
It is expected that these category of people must have worked hard for about 35 years and have finally retire to go and rest.that is why they receive pension and sit in one place.they should not be subjected to any form of competition please.

Services for seniors. An aging population has created business opportunities for jobs and businesses that “ride the age wave,” says Kerry Hannon, a career expert who focuses on clients in their 40s and 50s. ...
Consulting. ...
Bookkeeping. ...
A Web-based business. ...
Pick your passion

It's entirely possible to start a business after age 50, and Kerry Hannon profiles 20 successful older entrepreneurs in her latest book, "Never Too Old To Get Rich: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Starting a Business Mid-Life." ... "Most people who did it say it's more work than they imagined,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds