Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to retire and start business at 60 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's entirely possible to start a business after age 50, and Kerry Hannon profiles 20 successful older entrepreneurs in her latest book, “Never Too Old To Get Rich: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Starting a Business Mid-Life.” ... “Most people who did it say it's more work than they imagined,Starting a business is a good way to keep up with living expenses, especially since you can earn full Social Security benefits at retirement age, currently 66, while continuing to work

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't support a retiree going into business at this age to compete with the person that had been in the business for over ten years.
Age doesn't matter when it comes to business, my uncle retired from government office to face is business full time and today he his doing well so age doesn't matter really matter, you can also go to a business school to gain more knowledge

There is absolutely nothing wrong with starting a business age 60. How rigorous is the task of the business in question compare to the multi- tasky business running a complex country like Nigeria, that is being rule by a 80 year old man.

You can retire at sixty years and still start a business, by that age you would have accumulated enough experience about so many things to run the business successfully. You can employ a young vibrant younger person to oversee the business if it too stressful.

It's advisable to retire at 60 and relax without stressing yourself. After stressing yourself from youth age to adulthood age, now that you are suppose to rest, you will say you want to start business, what kind of business is that. Instead, live the business for you children to run and just relax yourself.

After the age of 50, it is entirely possible to start a business, and in her new book, "Never Too Old To Get Rich: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Starting a Business Mid-Life," Kerry Hannon profiles 20 active older entrepreneurs. "The majority of people who have done it say that it's more work than they imagined,"

At 60 i think its not ideal because the potential energy will not be there again to carry out the daily activity of the business, i also feel that assuming he or she has started the business right from when he is working then it will be a different thing.

I don't support a retiree going into business at this age to compete with the person that had been in the business for over ten years.
Cornel Sandra was 65 years of age when he founded Kentucky fried Chicken. He stood up one day and the idea came to him that there should be a special way of serving fried chicken that will look tantalizing and fascinating. He knocked over 1000 doors asking people to to invest in his special recipe in order to start a business. Today Kentucky fried Chicken is one of the global franchise in the world.

Starting up a business at the age of sixty is not something that is bad or abdominable, as long as your health is good, your mental capabilities and emotional state is excellent, you can go on and start the business.

It is best to start a business when you are still young and strong. Old age is a period where one needs to take break from the stress of life. Starting a business at 60 is not a good plan. One should be thinking of resting.

Retiring at the age of 60 to start a business is not ideal. One should retire at 60 to relax. At this age,the person is already getting weak and cannot do most of the tasks required to start a business successfully. Getting funds for the business another thing the person should consider. How will the person cope if the gratuity gotten after retirement is used to start a business because the gratuity might be the only sourcele of income for the person.

Yes it's a wise thing to do, because at 60 one is still active, and can still work very well because the experience is available.

Last edited:
Concerning the question on is it advisable to retire and start business at 60 years, there is nothing bad in retiring at 60 years old to start a business if one knows what one is doing and has a goal for the business

It's entirely possible to start a business after age 50, and Kerry Hannon profiles 20 successful older entrepreneurs in her latest book, "Never Too Old To Get Rich: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Starting a Business Mid-Life." ... "Most people who did it say it's more work than they imagined," Hannon said.

I see no big deal in retiring at the age of 60. In fact, 60 years of age might just be the perfect age. God sparing our life, after retiring at the 60 years of age, one can still decide to go into business because your mind is still very much sharp.

Going into business at that age after retirement is not advisable, I'm sure the person won't be capable to manage such business. You can invest your money do as to earn passive income instead of starting a new business

It is not advisable to start business after 60yrs of active service. Whatever u wanted to u must started doing it at least 5yrs before retirement so that u would have been conversant with the rudiment of the business. But if did not know much of the business before retirement u will surely disappointed ur self. At that stage u might not have strength to moving here and there but once u have the experience it may have effect on u.

many retirees aren’t ready to stop working or they have financial issues that require them to continue to work.

Working a regular job after retirement is not only unappealing to many seniors, but it can be difficult to get. A better option is for retirees to turn all the knowledge and experience they've gained during a career, into a home based business. A home business allow for greater flexibility and freedom that retirees have earned after a long career. A business can be run from any country, for retirees interested in being expats or from an RV for those who want to travel closer to home

There is no age limit to start a business. You can start at any age provided you have money, skills, knowledge, and a goid team to help you. If you want to start at 60, you can go for it if you meet the criteria mentioned above. Apart from these essentials, you also need a good health and strength to work hard.

Yes, this is a retired person who has lived for sixty years and nine years of his life and has seen various kinds of business flourishing and has seen them flourishing. If such a person starts a business.I think he will give profit to the business because he is a thief and he knows the profit and loss better.I suggest that even after 60 years, a person can do business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds