Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a business?

Yes it is advisable sometimes depending on the type of business you are going into. There are some business that requires you to give it a hundred percent of your attention and this type of business may not be suitable for you to combine with your education.

Advertisement Placeholder
It's not advisable for a start-up business but if the business has already had a firm ground and standing and there's a Manager who shares the same vision and mission then the owner could pursue a higher degree.

We should not allow anything to limit is from achieving our dreams,we should learn to adapt the zeal to multitask,it's important to note that it will open up greater opportunities.

The question should be is it possible to pursue higher education degree while managing a business, then it's dependable on the person, are you capable?

If you want to be successful in both business and school, you must maintain the discipline required to keep those two lives distinct while spending adequate time to both.

It's for the best if you managing a business you pursue a higher education for your qualification to fit and make you attain greater hight in you line of business.

It's for the best if you managing a business you pursue a higher education for your qualification to fit and make you attain greater hight in you line of business.
Yes that can contribute to the success of your business,because when you are well educated you can use that knowledge and manage your business properly,every field you want to succeed need more knowledge and skills which can improve the quality of that investment

My response would be yes. I see nothing wrong with pursuing a higher education while running a business. As a business man or woman that's aspiring for higher degree, all you need to do in order to meet up is to strike a balance, that is you should have a plan for your business and school. I feel that will work

Yes it is advisable for someone to do that, if you're talking about time to meet up with the two things, you can do part-time to help you.

If he is really passionate about getting a degree, then he should go for it. He needs to get a trusted family member or associate to manage his business for him while he is in school. He can also be paying regular visits to his business premises to take stock and monitor how the business is going.

In his case his business came before him wanting to start his education. The nature of his business does not support him combining academics with it. He should continue to search for a manager who is trustworthy or he should opt for a part time education program.

Although I know business requires a whole lot of time, energy and concentration but then one can actually achieve the both if you really need to. Yeah.

It might be a little bit difficult to handle the two simultaneously, reason being that the two requires a whole lot of concentration and focus to land well. So I'll prefer choosing one to start with then the other, preferably business.

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
From your narration is very obvious it is not possible or the right time to pursue his higher education. Since the business is doing fine but the major challenge is to look for credible person to manage the business in his absence.

Since the business is new it is normal to the owner to be incharge. If truly he wants to that higher education instead of looking for someone to manage, he should look for someone to train on the business and build trust along the way.

The truth is that it's dependent on the kind of person and also how time demanding the business can be as well as that of the course you wish to study. If not, you need to put a scale of preference and choose which is really your priority

Yes it is very good as this would even give you chance to expand your business through the people you meet in school and other educational activities.

Well it is a very good idea but my opinion is that he keep looking for people to help him manage and even if he is in school he will still be in charge of things and he can be doing his business account every day to avoid being duped
[automerge]1637016466[/automerge]
Well it is a very good idea but my opinion is that he keep looking for people to help him manage and even if he is in school he will still be in charge of things and he can be doing his business account every day to avoid being duped

If the business is mine I can definitely pursuit the university degree,but since the business is not mine,to avoid causing confusion or problem with someone work

Yes he can,but only if he finds the right and trustworthy person who can take care of his business.we hardly find such kind of people this days.they are only few.

A very good decision he is making, this decision will help him and go a long way to help him even in his business, no business stop anyone from further yourself education or getting a degree

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds