Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever had to manage a friends site temporarily?

After the introduced how websites pay to my friends they were interested to own one so I helped and managed it for them

Advertisement Placeholder
There was a time when a friend of mine left the country to go to college. I was in charge of that business and I didn't run it

There was a time when a friend of mine left the country to go to college. I was in charge of that business and I didn't run it

Well, if you were in-charge of the website, so why didn't you run it? What happened to the website? It might not be a great idea to abandon the website in such conditions.

Has there ever been a time where you had to help out a friend by managing their site for a while? I've done this twice. The first time my friend lost a family member due to a car accident and he couldn't focus on his site, so I took over for a few weeks so he could grieve and be with family. Another time a friend of mine was going on a road trip around the US and didn't want to update her site while traveling, so she ended up paying me some money to tackle that.

Anyway, have you ever helped a friend with their sites while they were gone or busy with something else?
I have never attempted to manage a friend’s webpage before. Despite taking charge of my company's websites for a stipulated period of time, I haven't done the same for my friends or peers.

I've never helped a friend or even manage a site before. It's not just anybody without proper knowledge about it that you can give such a task. I've visited a friend site before just to give good review about the site but I've never ma nag a site before.

Has there ever been a time where you had to help out a friend by managing their site for a while? I've done this twice. The first time my friend lost a family member due to a car accident and he couldn't focus on his site, so I took over for a few weeks so he could grieve and be with family. Another time a friend of mine was going on a road trip around the US and didn't want to update her site while traveling, so she ended up paying me some money to tackle that.

Anyway, have you ever helped a friend with their sites while they were gone or busy with something else?
I haven't tried it yet, but if anyone of my buddies seek me for assistance in administering their site, I will certainly assist them. This task will be quite stressful, but we will soldier on.

I haven't tried it yet, but if anyone of my buddies seek me for assistance in administering their site, I will certainly assist them. This task will be quite stressful, but we will soldier on.

Managing someone's else business is a really big responsibility and this also involves managing websites as well. The fact of the matter is that managing a website may also involve being a moderator and taking care of the website.

There was a time in which my friend was going out of the country in order to pursue an educational degree. I was the person responsible to take care of the business and I did not perform bad.
Taking care of what belongs to your friends is actually a very good idea. I think if it was a website that your friend had, he could have actually been doing it even in any location.
I think what you wanted to say is that you didn't ruin the business. I think the reason is because you have some level of knowledge about how the business works and how to run it very successfully.

Last edited:
Managing someone's else business is a really big responsibility and this also involves managing websites as well. The fact of the matter is that managing a website may also involve being a moderator and taking care of the website.
You are completely correct. Managing websites requires a huge amount of effort, most notably to ensure that it has not been hacked by any other person which could limit the progress of the website

Actually I once did even though the management affairs was not totally left for me to do and it couldn't last longer because I was responsible also in handling an offline business.

including myself, the offline business commitment i have was a major stumbling block as well, and it required me to move from one location to the other for the day to day running, it was hectic.

You are completely correct. Managing websites requires a huge amount of effort, most notably to ensure that it has not been hacked by any other person which could limit the progress of the website
of course managing a website is not easy. You must have some knowledge of certain things in order to be able to manage your own website or someone's website effectively.

Yes actually I have manage a site once even though the site is not that popular because it was at it newbie stage and due to some personal issues I have to take charge before he could resolve issues out.

we all face various degrees of mental issues on a daily basis, so it does not surprise me that people have to ask for your help in managing there site, till they finish going through there debacles.

of course managing a website is not easy. You must have some knowledge of certain things in order to be able to manage your own website or someone's website effectively.
This is an astute observation. A prospective webpage owner needs to have proper knowledge in several aspects of website development in order to succeed in using this as a business venture.

This is an astute observation. A prospective webpage owner needs to have proper knowledge in several aspects of website development in order to succeed in using this as a business venture.
Yes, having knowledge of website development is very important as a website owner. The reason is because you will not spend money hiring web developers.

Yes, having knowledge of website development is very important as a website owner. The reason is because you will not spend money hiring web developers.
Possession of skills in website development is essential in creating your website, because your adeptness will enable you to add various plug-ins which could be seen as beneficial by only you.

Possession of skills in website development is essential in creating your website, because your adeptness will enable you to add various plug-ins which could be seen as beneficial by only you.
Yes, when you have the knowledge of web development you no longer need to hire people to do any kind of work for you on your website because you are going to do almost everything by yourself. It will save you a lot of money.

Yes, when you have the knowledge of web development you no longer need to hire people to do any kind of work for you on your website because you are going to do almost everything by yourself. It will save you a lot of money.
Possessing the skill of web development can be quite advantageous because it helps you to create your personal website over which you have total control. You are able to customize your own plug-ins, which is a plus, no doubt.

Possessing the skill of web development can be quite advantageous because it helps you to create your personal website over which you have total control. You are able to customize your own plug-ins, which is a plus, no doubt.
Yeah, people who always have those kind of skills do not spend their money in order to hire people to do so for them. It will also make your website to be much more successful.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds