Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a business?

That's really up to you and what you want to do. You have every right to learn new things after starting a business. Many people do this to keep themselves on their feet and ready if anything does change.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes he can,but only if he finds the right and trustworthy person who can take care of his business.we hardly find such kind of people this days.they are only few.
Well, that will be a better option than shutting the whole business down. You will just have to employ someone to take your place while you pursue your education. It's just that most people aren't to be trusted these days just like you've said

It is not a bad thing he wants to go the university to further his studies. But in my opinion, I feel he could as well just opt in for online schooling or part time learning. Since his business is a big deal in his life. There are several online courses he could take and if it is the part time one he wants, he could go for that as well.

You can do it , only when you have people to manage the business for you because sometimes depending on what you are going to school to do ,three are some courses in the university that may take 85% of your time and in this case it won't be suitable for you to give 15% of your time to a business.

You can do it , only when you have people to manage the business for you because sometimes depending on what you are going to school to do ,three are some courses in the university that may take 85% of your time and in this case it won't be suitable for you to give 15% of your time to a business.
I believe it's all about being flexible and also planning your time. What about does who are into their personal business whereby they can't really place someone to manage it?

If someone has the possibility to pursue a higher education, he should go for it. He should manage his time well, to do both of them: managing his business, and going to university as well. He could take the university courses online as well.

I believe it's all about being flexible and also planning your time. What about does who are into their personal business whereby they can't really place someone to manage it?
There is no business that is a personal, Every business as long as it is a business will always demand the presence of a buyer and the seller and cannot be so personal, it is still possible for you to arrange people to manage it for you. if you do not need any other person outside then a family member.

Yes , if one can manage both his academics and the business , its not impossible for sure. Time management is very crucial and one need to know exactly how long he/she wanna devote his/her time on both academics and business related activities. Both of them can complement each other in some of the cases which is an advantage for those who wish to be successful in both the fields of studies and business.

There is no business that is a personal, Every business as long as it is a business will always demand the presence of a buyer and the seller and cannot be so personal, it is still possible for you to arrange people to manage it for you. if you do not need any other person outside then a family member.
Personal is a term used here. Let's say for example you own a small business where you sell clothes not as a wholesaler but as a retailer, this can be classified as a small business cause it can be managed by you alone and does not really require the need for an assistant at the moment. now getting someone to manage it for you means you would have to pay that person, and it's a small business, how would you handle that?

A good business man and woman should always pursue his or her goal when the opportunity comes in order to know much about how to expand our business, so its okay for a business man to pursue their goal.

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
It is possible.
This would depend on the choice of the business owner.
If your business gives you the freedom to take up an academic pursuit, then it is okay to go for it.

The condition the individual finds his or he self will be a determinant of that,as for me I will manage my business first when there is enough money then I will go for a degree

Abandoning his apparently booming business to pursue higher education is a bad idea. The way you put it, he is already established in the business, so opting out should be out of the question. He can wait till he sees a trustworthy person, it better still, invite a member of his family who he can trust fully to take over. That's his best choice.

I also believe that a person should focus more on business if his business is generating huge profits. A university degree could be pursued at any time in the life. There are many people who achieve degree at later stages in life.

Is advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a business.To pursuing a higher education while managing a business is not disturb each other. Their will be a program for each separately.

Provided that the extra education is going to mean a lot to your business or other ways of making money then I will advise you to go for it. In this way you should also be careful not to over commit to one aspect.

Well, that will be a better option than shutting the whole business down. You will just have to employ someone to take your place while you pursue your education. It's just that most people aren't to be trusted these days just like you've said
That's it. We hardly find trustworthy persons this days. But the best thing to do is to find someone to take care of the job while you pursue your education.

Personal is a term used here. Let's say for example you own a small business where you sell clothes not as a wholesaler but as a retailer, this can be classified as a small business cause it can be managed by you alone and does not really require the need for an assistant at the moment. now getting someone to manage it for you means you would have to pay that person, and it's a small business, how would you handle that?
That's what I was trying to say that it is not the best for you to give it out to people to Manage when you do not have something else to do.. yes I understand you can give it out to people when you Have a better business that can still generate you some extra money..

I actually don't even see any issue in pursuing a higher education and still running the business ,if you can allocate the time you would spend to both effectively then there is actually nothing wrong in doing so

Obviously he cannot pursue higher education now until he finds a suitable manager to handle his business while he goes to college. So he should keep searching until he finds one. But if it's possible to manage the business and attend school then he should try it. Many young entrepreneurs shuffle between their business and some other engagements. Your friend's case is not strange.
You have said it all. And also he should set his priorities straight and go for something that is most important to him instead of putting his business in jeopardy while struggling in school. That way, he won't lose both

In my country there are lots of part time courses you could do, and it will never affect your business. You would go to school only on weekends and you would manage your business weekdays.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds