Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a business?

In my country Nigeria there are instances of several people that were chasing their business why they were in higher institution and most of these people were successful with it and so it's not an impossible tasks or thing to do
It's not an impossible task to do I can understand that Nigerians can survive such conditions but many people in other regions might not, serving two masters is not an easy job especially simultaneously

Advertisement Placeholder
Managing a business can come with its own challenges and can be time consuming which is why it's advisable to fucus on stabilizing your business before any other thing.

I will say it is not easy but it is possible all you need to do is focus and strategise and follow up your strategy strickly,with time the person get use to the system.

If it will help achieve what you want - say for example it'll improve your knowledge or even increase exposure or it'll add value (say a certification of some sort), then go for it. It's not a bad idea

There is nothing bad in it as this will help you to have more in-depth knowledge on how to run the business successfully. But you need good time management for both of them.

If you believe that pursuing a higher degree will improve your business or even anybody to be able to make more money then you should consider going for it.

It is possible to manage both education and online business together. I know a younger brother who is a student and also make money Trading Forex.

If you aren't a type of person that can multitask and still focus then I wouldn't advice you to pursue a career and school l, you will be easily distracted and might not be able to cope but if you can do both at the same time then yes it is advisable to work and school.

If you believe you can manage to squize some time out from your business for the academic pursuit, then why not, go ahead with the academic plan of furthering your education

It's not an impossible task to do I can understand that Nigerians can survive such conditions but many people in other regions might not, serving two masters is not an easy job especially simultaneously
One thing that I have noticed about the Nigerian job industry is that the people that design the way the jobs ask a dude aso mean and they want to enslave people in jobs. This is the reason why they would want people to be working 12 hours a day and we all know that most people working this kind of time cannot do more than one job at a time.

It wont be easy to combine both except you employees a manager for your business so you can focus on studies and supervise the work of the manager.

These days education doesn't seem to be having value like it use to have it long time ago. Numerous individuals have decided to pursue something else instead of education. As for me, if I have a solid business at hand, one that has future, I will rather focus on building the business than pursuing higher education

It will be a very nice idea if you can combine you working together with seeking a higher education because it is going to help you in managing your business a lot.

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
I would advise him to close the shop. This may seem harsh, but getting admission is not easy. While in school, he can use the capital to start another business which would be profitable in the area.

If you can have the stomach to manage a business and at the same time run a academic program too, then just do it with your full concentration on making sure you succeed

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
No, that would not be the right time for the person in question to pursue higher education.
He should endeavor to find someone to manage the business for him if he wants to further his or education. If not, he should stay and run his business.

I will say yes it's better because you never can tell what tomorrow holds and who the management might want in replacing so as nit to be caught off guard an higher education Is advisable.

If you can afford the energy and time such a decision will require of you to have, then it is something worth doing because it will add to your prestige and resume as well as a business person

Just have it at the back of your mind that if you bend too much to one side the other side is going to suffer and vice versa

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds