Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a business?

It's very possible to pursue high education when running business, but I can see that your friend matter is very complicated, because it's not advisable to Lea a business for Who is not trustworthy. Your friend has to find someone that helps be managing the shop whenever he's not around. Or your friend should enroll for part-time program.

Education can be pursued at any time of time. However, the opportunity to run a great business rarely comes in one's life. I do not think that a wise person would leave a running business just to pursue degree.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is possible but you will not be able to carry out the two activities at a time, school will need a lot of your time and management also will need a lot of your time, the best thing is just to get an extra manager to help while you be the general supervisor

It is possible.
This would depend on the choice of the business owner.
If your business gives you the freedom to take up an academic pursuit, then it is okay to go for it.
Managing a business and then going to attain a higher education is not easy to do at once. Proper attention cannot be given to both at the same time. The business owner should weigh these two options and know what's best to do.

To they say wait for nobody in life , so its better to Focus on a goal and acheive it no matter the situation, so theres nothing wrong in trying to bag a higher education degree while you are also monitoring a business.

Yes it is highly advice able to pursue a high education level if you don't want to be chance. But base on agreement with the Boss of the Business/company.

I think pursuing a degree with business also depends on how complex the business is and what type of education you are pursuing. Big businesses need more attention and it would be hard to pursue degree if the business requires more attention.

There is nothing wrong with that. The only thing is to have a proper plan for yourself on how to handle both the business and the studies.

Your business will become successful only when you have knowledge and skills. You will build knowledge and skills only through education. Therefore, you should continue pursuing higher education even when you are running a business.

First off, it depends on the kind of business and second it depends on the person who will manage the business. With a retailing business it can be entrusted to a manager if the accounting system is good - all transactions are recorded. But if the manager would not record a sale then how would you know? Maybe he should device a way to have a complete monitoring of the incoming and outgoing funds so that stealing can be prevented.

If it happens to be that the business he is doing he's getting a lot of income,it is advisable for him to first get the admission and differ it,so that he will continue his business,and anytime he get someone that will handle the business appropriately without cheating him thats when he can continue his school.

It is possible but you will not be able to carry out the two activities at a time, school will need a lot of your time and management also will need a lot of your time, the best thing is just to get an extra manager to help while you be the general supervisor
Well, I've seen people who are into school and business and they are really doing well in both. But it really depends on the individual involved because most people may not be able to keep up with both.

Well, I've seen people who are into school and business and they are really doing well in both. But it really depends on the individual involved because most people may not be able to keep up with both.
Personally I think it all boils down to determination. I have seen persons who work on construction sites just to sort out their schooling and they succeeded. We all know how stressful construction jobs can be, while I have seen some with far less easier jobs yet they can't cope.

So you really mean that these people are able to manage business themselves and at the same time create time for themselves to attend lectures in school ? If this is what you mean then how will they even do it when lectures time is exactly when a business should be going on ?

So you really mean that these people are able to manage business themselves and at the same time create time for themselves to attend lectures in school ? If this is what you mean then how will they even do it when lectures time is exactly when a business should be going on ?
I didn't really imply they should make themselves 100% available to the business. They can still put someone like a salesperson while still maintaining a degree of supervision over the business.

I didn't really imply they should make themselves 100% available to the business. They can still put someone like a salesperson while still maintaining a degree of supervision over the business.
Ok, in a situation like this it is quite possible for people to manage their business and I don't see it as a difficult task here because you are not the one that is directly involved in carrying out the business activity...
[automerge]1639440340[/automerge]
Automatically you will need someone that will always help in your business because you cannot give your school attention and at the same time you still give the same attention to your business... except your business is such a business that you have to do it at night but even with this you will still need an assistance.

Last edited:
For this close pal of yours, it's not advisable for him to go to the university when he hasn't found a trust worthy manager. He should look for someone who he can trust and who can handle his business properly before going to the university.

It is very important to acquire knowledge constantly in order to earn more in your business or any other venture. If you think the education you want to pursue in higher institution will add more to your knowledge in order to earn more in the business you should never hesitate to go for it.

My own opinion I think it's okay to go for higher education while running a business. Mostly it's good to achieve your aims and objective and while doing all this, you have to sacrifice time and money to be able to incure this motives.

Yes you can. But you will need to find a way to balance it so that your business,or higher education will not suffer. Both require attention. I will advise you get someone to help manage the business,while you go after higher education. That way you can focus on one at a time m
[automerge]1610573389[/automerge]

Yes you can. But you will need to find a way to balance it so that your business,or higher education will not suffer. Both require attention. I will advise you get someone to help manage the business,while you go after higher education. That way you can focus on one at a time .
[automerge]1610573393[/automerge]

Yes you can. But you will need to find a way to balance it so that your business,or higher education will not suffer. Both require attention. I will advise you get someone to help manage the business,while you go after higher education. That way you can focus on one at a time .
The only challenge that you are going to be facing is the time schedule to manage both the business and your education adequately. It's why people lose focus.

You can simply look at the area which you are lacking in your business. Then you can enroll for a course on this area in the higher institution of learning and this will help you to make a better decision in the nearest future about your business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds