Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a business?

I've seen a lot of people that are doing it already, but I believe you will need an additional manager into your business because you may not be able to concentrate as a full-time manager when you are in the university.

Advertisement Placeholder
If you have time you can do any thing you want, you can go for a vacation for weeks or enroll for an academic course. If you do not have time, you will not excel in education.

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
Yes that the problem with business , there are no trustworthy partners to trust so I think yes it is better to pursue his education to get more information in this field .

I think for the business management experience matters more than just education, because if a person have experience to deal with customers and clients then he could run business in better way from a educated person without any skill or experience.
If you can be able to schedule time for your education and business and you are one who is very dedicated and Hood in multitaskng then it is advisable to carry out both

Most of the people in my country are more interested in earning money because earning money is their main goal. Not surprisingly, I am one of those people who prefer money over degree, even though I do not disregard degree completely. Moreover, there is a big difference between pursuing education and pursuing degree. You may pursue a course and get qualified but this does not mean that it is a degree. I hope you do agree with me. :)
I do.

I have completed my Bachelors in Arts in the year 2019 and this was before pandemic started. I am 30 years old right now and I now I do not feel like studying anyone. However, I might change my mind if I would ever pursue a Master's degree, but now I feel like I am too old to pursue a degree. This is why I am now focusing more on making money.

You can pursue education while managing a business. You can run a part-time degree program at the same time be studying in the school without affecting each other.

It is a nice idea for you to pursue a higher institution even while you are still managing a business because the institution degree will give you a good understanding of how to manage your business better, You will need someone to help you manage the business while you go to school.

I think for the business management experience matters more than just education, because if a person have experience to deal with customers and clients then he could run business in better way from a educated person without any skill or experience.
It is advisable to pursue your higher education while managing a business if you have time to do that because everything requires time and how you schedule your activities.

If the business is booming, he should focus on it for now and forget about his educational pursuit till he gets a competent hand. Then he can opt for part time studies so he can have time to oversee his business.

It is much more advisable to to pursue a higher education and managing a business
The reason why I said that is you can't totally depends on one source

It's possible to run a business and still go further in education buy you really need to hire some competent hand to help you monitor or supervise your business so that you won't be chasing two things at a time

Location of business is the most important thing you really need to consider, if both of them are in the same City it will be easier for you to manage them but if they are in different state or country, is going to be difficult.

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
No! The two do not go hand in hand you will be risking the stability of your business by doing so. Except you have a second person who manages the business.

It is good to pursue a higher education while managing a business, it will help you to be able to finance yourself from the profits that you makes from the business.

Of course it is very advisable for you to pursue higher education even if you are successful in business already. There are many billionaires in this part of the world that didn't start as graduates but today they have pursued higher education.

I have a cousin who is pursuing an MBA. However, he is also an owner of a successful business. More than 20 people work for him and his turnover is really huge. Why is he pursuing education when already has a successful business? His answer: to excel in business.

Of course it's advisable more especially when it's in line with the business you are operating because this can help you get more experience on the business.

I will encourage that you pursue a higher degree while running your business if it's something you can put your mind into. Because it is a very possible thing to do actually

Yes it is advisable to pursue higher education when managing a business if you really have the time and the opportunity to do that then you can.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds