Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a business?

If it is under this circumstance he is in he wants to go further with his education, then I would suggest he shelve the idea for the moment untill he finds a trustworthy person that can manage his business while he is off to school

Advertisement Placeholder
Personally I cannot guarantee the authenticity of that advice because having a business, you will have to find a job that is less demanding so as to make things easier for yourself
If the business is profitable, he can employ someone to help manage it when he is in school or too busy to attends to his business. I have seen students who owns and runs business successfully.

I think for the business management experience matters more than just education, because if a person have experience to deal with customers and clients then he could run business in better way from a educated person without any skill or experience.
It is very possible to pursue higher education while managing a business it's all about time dedication and schedules one who is very dedicated in what he or she does can be able to mult-task

Obviously he cannot pursue higher education now until he finds a suitable manager to handle his business while he goes to college. So he should keep searching until he finds one. But if it's possible to manage the business and attend school then he should try it. Many young entrepreneurs shuffle between their business and some other engagements. Your friend's case is not strange.
I believe that he can be able to you going to school and also be able to manage his business at the same time by employing the services of a business manager to manage his business for him.

You can very much have and manage a business successfully if you are in school but if you think the work would be much then feel free to hire an assistant to help.

Of course it is advisable to pursue a higher education while you manage your business. A lot of people have done it and succeeded so it is a normal something.

Your education as well as your business is important. There are technology tools right now that allows you to manage business from elsewhere and you should make use of them.

In my opinion, higher degree comes with a lot of study time as that is where most core concept are disscused so it advised that one faces business or studying squarely.

I think if his business is doing well he should just stick with it.
Forget school.
Why complicate things

I have also observed that when a person starts making money, his or her focus remains more on making money. Many people believe that money is more important than education and I do agree with them to some extent because there are many people who are highly educated but still they struggle to make money. What is the use of a degree if it does not help to get you a job, right?

It will not be a bad idea to pursue your further education if you are having a business. You should just hire an assistant to help you with some things.

Getting a higher education can help enhance your business and fine tune your thinking as regarding business concept. That being said, it is important to get better educated

I have also observed that when a person starts making money, his or her focus remains more on making money. Many people believe that money is more important than education and I do agree with them to some extent because there are many people who are highly educated but still they struggle to make money. What is the use of a degree if it does not help to get you a job, right?
That’s exactly right. Not only did they go thru all that stress @ school, studying for exams, finals, graduating with some kind of Degree, but then the stress of trying to find a successful career with that Degree, and then most likely, if they’re lucky, landing a stressful job.
If you have a business, it’s doing well, and you know how to work with people, just stay put.
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

;)

Yes it is possible to pursue a business while running an academic pursuit too. If the optics looks good, meaning if the person can get someone to run the business for him, he can do his schooling

I think for the business management experience matters more than just education, because if a person have experience to deal with customers and clients then he could run business in better way from a educated person without any skill or experience.
It is possible and also advisable to pursue a higher education why managing a business but one thing you must know is that you have to be very dedicated in what you do in order for you to be able to achieve both goals.

Yes you can pursue higher education while managing a business, but the business management should not be your full responsibility because I believe you will not be able to concentrate in those two things simultaneously.

Yes, it is advisable because you will need it along the line as you progress through it can be very rough, strenuous, and even tiring but along the line, it will be what it at the end.

That’s exactly right. Not only did they go thru all that stress @ school, studying for exams, finals, graduating with some kind of Degree, but then the stress of trying to find a successful career with that Degree, and then most likely, if they’re lucky, landing a stressful job.
If you have a business, it’s doing well, and you know how to work with people, just stay put.
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

;)

Most of the people in my country are more interested in earning money because earning money is their main goal. Not surprisingly, I am one of those people who prefer money over degree, even though I do not disregard degree completely. Moreover, there is a big difference between pursuing education and pursuing degree. You may pursue a course and get qualified but this does not mean that it is a degree. I hope you do agree with me. :)

As I have said before there are a lot of people that have done it and are still doing it. There are big business men that decided to pursue higher education.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds