Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a business?

Why not for a bussines individual to prosper most have gone to any education level to get awareness on how to manage his or her business to avoid crash.or you can go to higher institution to get what you want about the business in mind that you want to run.

Advertisement Placeholder
I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
The fact that he is facing challenges in his business does not mean he can't proceed to get his higher education. He can monitor it by himself and still go for an online course.

As goo as pursuing a higher degree is important,he should understand that it is money from the business that will be intrumental to how far he go in the university if he can get a humble and trustworthy person to be incharge and closely monitor the business then it's ok,else he should just manage his business and stabilse it before further education.

I do not think it is a good idea to handle both of these things at the same time. You have to focus on one thing. However, if you believe that you can handle both of these things, then you can go for that. Usually people first pursue their education in my country and then try to conduct a business. However, there are many individuals who try to manage both. It all depends on the person's mindset.

It is advisable to do so if you think and feel you can cope with combining the both activities. Let me also let you know that it is not going to be an easy task

It is always difficult if it's an offline business, but when you talk about an online business, you don't have anything to worry as you can combine it with your studies.

It is possible to start a business that enables you to tackle your educational career too. If you're chanced based on the business you do their is no point combining it with education. Always go for business that gives you time to face your education.

Who says nothing is possible to achieve as long as you put your heart and mind to it? Yes it is very possible to pursue a higher degree while running your business. People have been doing it time immemorial.

Why not especially if it goes in line with the business on ground already, it would definitely be a plus as it would increase knowledge and effciency which in turn would increase yield

I
I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
If there is enough time and resources to do that, I do not see anything bad in it. besides, if you are studying on a part time basis, there is nothing in my stopping you from engaging in another thing which is business.

I

If there is enough time and resources to do that, I do not see anything bad in it. besides, if you are studying on a part time basis, there is nothing in my stopping you from engaging in another thing which is business.
I also think that when you have money , resources and time you should go for increasing your academic qualifications as that will help you in later times for applying any jobs.

I also think that when you have money , resources and time you should go for increasing your academic qualifications as that will help you in later times for applying any jobs.
You are right but one has to make sure that he concentrates very well on the studies before thinking of combining a business with it so that eventually it won't become a thing of regret due to his bad performance in studies.

Some business personnel after establishing their dream business and they feel like going back to school to get the qualification they need ,some of them choose to pursue their education, I don't see anything wrong with this as long as you are capable of doing the two things at a time.

Well I think your friend has no choice but to keep managing his business himself until he finds the suitable manager to help manage his business.

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's not going to affect your concentration in school then you can go ahead to do it,business and school is important and one must try to get them all to the fullest in this modern society.

Like you said the answer would surely be yes but after hearing the full story i would advice he waits until he finds someone that is very capable in managing the business, someone with experience and he can also trust to some extent as well. Once the business can stand even when he is absent then he can think of furthering his education.

You can combine both of the options and still come out with flying colours in your academics. You don't have to worry about things if you're doing part time or remote business you can combine it well with education.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds