Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a business?

I don't think so..Leaving your business for someone else to handle is not advisable especially when you are not there to guide them..They might end up wrecking your hard labour in building your business..I will say one thing at a time..This life is not so hard,so we should trend gently..
[automerge]1613170285[/automerge]
I don't think so..Leaving your business for someone else to handle is not advisable especially when you are not there to guide them..They might end up wrecking your hard labour in building your business..I will say one thing at a time..This life is not so hard,so we should trend gently..

Advertisement Placeholder
Yeah it's advisable to pursue a higher degree will still doing business because it can give you advantage over those that don't have such knowledge. But if you know that your business need much of your time its not advisable to do that or you can hire someone to manage the business for you while you're pursuing your higher degree

It's exactly what I think, I know countless people who work and study. When I was studying at the university, I already had my work offline, and with mutual agreement with my immediate boss, I had the opportunity to accommodate my schedule to comply with the university and work.
Of course yes, it's for the best outcome that one should find a way to help one's life with working and getting educational knowledge and experience as well. It helps you to balance your life easily because the fund that you make from your side work will be very beneficial to your sustainability in the future.

Of course yes, it's for the best outcome that one should find a way to help one's life with working and getting educational knowledge and experience as well. It helps you to balance your life easily because the fund that you make from your side work will be very beneficial to your sustainability in the future.
You're right @Heatman , it's the best way to balance our life. I do not understand why many workers do not continue their studies using the job as an excuse, when proposing and setting the goal, I know that they can achieve it, because I did it and I know many who have achieved it.

Just as you predicted, I belong to that camp that says yes for those who intend to pursue business with education, nevertheless, I must also state that it comes with a great price majorly for those schooling in Nigeria, it will affect their grades.

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
Anything and everything is possible when there is a will, there is always a way. You could become anything you want to be the whole thing depends on you as a person. If you can combine things together and you won't be affected. You are good to go.

You're right @Heatman , it's the best way to balance our life. I do not understand why many workers do not continue their studies using the job as an excuse, when proposing and setting the goal, I know that they can achieve it, because I did it and I know many who have achieved it.
I actually think that it's just laziness in general on this people's part mostly because there is actually nothing stopping them from still being in their process of schooling and be working. Yes, it may be demanding because of the time management involved in it but it's a needed task.

I actually think that it's just laziness in general on this people's part mostly because there is actually nothing stopping them from still being in their process of schooling and be working. Yes, it may be demanding because of the time management involved in it but it's a needed task.
It sure is laziness what they have @Heatman . But yes, I think they should take things seriously, and as you say, suddenly the time factor limits them but does not stop them. With good planning and administration in the schedules they can achieve it. I am an example of this, I looked for strategies and made decisions.

There is no problem in pursuing a higher education or degrees while managing a business. I think it is okay , it is actually not a necessary thing to do but depending on your choice. you can either go for it or not.

It sure is laziness what they have @Heatman . But yes, I think they should take things seriously, and as you say, suddenly the time factor limits them but does not stop them. With good planning and administration in the schedules they can achieve it. I am an example of this, I looked for strategies and made decisions.
Yeah, I believe so too because it's very important that such a good thing is taken seriously because in the kind of situations and society that we all find ourselves today, we need to push hard from every major angle and see that we make both ends meet as quickly as possible.

It's very advisable to pursue a higher education degree as it would help you gain more knowledge in anything you do. Like the saying that goes "No knowledge is a waste. If you get the feeling of un- satisfaction and wanting more out of life then you should do it

Last edited:
He is probably not looking in the right direction, there are many trustworthy people that are ready to manage and work as if it is their own business. Time waits for no one, if he is sure it is the right thing to pursue his education at the moment, then he should.

A higher education makes it possible for you to pursue a career that attracts and encourages you. You're more likely to enjoy it because you have the opportunity to choose your profession. Higher work satisfaction often comes from increased salaries, better incentives for work, and more opportunities for advancement.

As far as the person who is pursuing the degree and running the business is capable then no problem its only in a situation whereby the person who is about to join both education and business knows that he or she cannot do it, then he or she have to choose one and concentrate on it

It's very advisable to pursue a higher education degree as it would help you gain more knowledge in anything you do. Like the saying that goes "No knowledge is a waste. If you get the feeling of unsatisfactoriness and wanting more out of life then you should do it
It's a strong cold fact that no knowledge is a waste no matter how you look at it, where you get it from, how you got it. The most important thing is that you can utilize such acquired knowledge for your business and something useful for yourself in the future.

If you can study business or economics at school, you should consider doing so, but it is by no means the only preparation for a business degree. Traditional subjects such as mathematics and physics can be useful for business studies at the university and will be recognized by many institutions.

As for me it is advisable and also achievable as the same time, the level of your skills will only give you the ability to do produce your product, but education will expose you to different thing, like branding, taking it to digital word and get more to know more people.

He should not do that now if he want to really attend and finish that university, if there is not trusted person to take care of his business, and he just put anyhow person, the business might crash and he will end up not getting money to finish the school.

As for me it is advisable and also achievable as the same time, the level of your skills will only give you the ability to do produce your product, but education will expose you to different thing, like branding, taking it to digital word and get more to know more people.
Yes exactly, you have a very good point and I completely understand that and agree with you on this because when you can do both at the same time, it will work more better for you than just having only one. A good friend of mine Zack did the same thing when he was younger and it make him more successful than all his peer.

Learning is an endless process. Nobody will say that he or she has known it all. A business owner or manager can still pursue higher education if he or she wants to over limitation in business. It is as the saying goes it is where u stopped the u stopped learning

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds