Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a business?

Learning is an endless process. Nobody will say that he or she has known it all. A business owner or manager can still pursue higher education if he or she wants to over limitation in business. It is as the saying goes it is where u stopped the u stopped learning
Learning is a gradual process, we learn till old age. Their is no limit to learning, unless death comes and end that learning curve. Apart from that, no one can stand up saying he or she have learned it all.

Advertisement Placeholder
First, it depends on the type of company, and secondly on the person who manages this company. If the accounting system is good, a retailer can rely on a manager - all operations are recorded. But how do you know if the manager doesn't record a sales? Perhaps he should develop a way to fully monitor incoming and outgoing funds to prevent stalking.

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
Yeah. There is nothing bad in pursuing your career with your personal job. You might have established yourself before going back to school. If you even learn more about the line of your business, you will become a guru ó. The field.

Yes it's very possible to pursue a higher education while managing a business, but the school will be on per time basis in other to have time for the business. The best thing for me is to balance the two.

Yes,i still feel it's the right time for your pal to go to the university,when your pal gets enrolled into the university,he/she will now know the schedules of the university to be able to manage time between business and education.

First, it depends on the type of company, and secondly on the person who manages this company. If the accounting system is good, a retailer can rely on a manager - all operations are recorded. But how do you know if the manager doesn't record a sales? Perhaps he should develop a way to fully monitor incoming and outgoing funds to prevent stalking.
If the manager is too busy to manage the company maybe he should find a trusted person to offer that mantle to carry on and keep the company flowing both financially and business wise. Any manager that fails to do the needful risks the progress of his business.

If you have the time and money to pursue higher education while managing a business,no problem about that I guess. But if you are in a situation where by the business is not going in well and it need much of your attention,you need to give it all to the business,so after the business is going on fine as plan, you can now go ahead and do the needful tho.
I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?

I think it is possible to run a business and pursue higher education at the Same time. According to my own opinion, you can have a manager for the time you'll be away to oversee the business for you

It is very much possible to combine education with business, even when you're studying full-time. If you're the one managing it and the sole owner of the business. You can decide to install your family member to take up the duty of a manager and oversee its progress. But regular checking of the business should be carried out to ensure the business is meeting expectations.

It all depends on the type of business you are handling, if you have more free time to yourself and also you have a good manager I will say it is advisable for you to pursue a higher education why managing a business.

Should one pursue a higher education while running a business, yes, why not, the higher you are educated, the better chances you have in anything you want to do or planning to do. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from this

Yes, it is the most reasonable thing to do while engaging in getting a source of income as well as adding value to yourself academically, it boost your career and skills.

Opportunity comes but once what work for your friend may not work for you so in the real sense running a higher education program is possible alongside running your business go for it The world is changing at a fast pace.

Education and running a business are not supposed to be two different things as you are trying to point out. If you have a career while running a business then sure higher education can help you but if you feel you do not need it as a business owner alone then it is fair. Burly more education can sure widen your perspective.

Obviously he cannot pursue higher education now until he finds a suitable manager to handle his business while he goes to college. So he should keep searching until he finds one. But if it's possible to manage the business and attend school then he should try it. Many young entrepreneurs shuffle between their business and some other engagements. Your friend's case is not strange.
Exactly, I know many people who combined their education with their business and we're successful at it, it just takes a lot of sacrifice and determination

You can pursue a higher education while running business ,because most business do create time for you to di other jobs ,so its possible but don't let it to be too much

I know a lot of individuals who are well established in their business yet go for higher education. IN fact I have a cousin who after being in a successful business for a couple of years joined MBA

It is very to run a business and study. When I was in the higher institution I remember some my friends where schooling and running their business. The only thing you need to do is create time for both and do what works for you.

The world is now so advanced that one doesn't have to leave his/her room before bagging a certificate of higher education. There are so many accredited online schools out there. One can continue managing his/her business while still schooling; it's now very easy.

I can only advise it if you can adhere to some conditions that would be needed to run both your post graduate studies and your business at the same time. Firstly, you have know how to use your time effectively. Secondly, if you are academically sound, then you can combine them at same time.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds