Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable for a business owner to give free products or services to their family members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who got angry with his fiance for collecting money from his mother when she came to make her hair in the fiance saloon, his excuse was that she is not supposed to charge his mother because soon they will get married and his mother will become her mother in-law, so she is supposed to make her hair for free. So my question is it advisable to render free services to family members as a business owner?
Business progresses when family and friends patronize and pay for whatever purchases they make. The lifeblood of every business is cash and is generated only through payment. Family members need to be made to understand that it is a great service they make when they pay as it helps the business to grow. Imagine every family members of NESTLE workers not paying up for NESTLE products? The company will run aground

Advertisement Placeholder
Business and morals are two different things. Most people always expect morals in business which it’s not supposed to be like that. You have a projected income and it’s always advisable to be strict with your finances. I don’t see anything bad in getting paid for services rendered to a relative

In business, giving out products and rendering free services to family and friends should be avoided at all cost. Once the business owner starts to tool this line his or her businesses starts to dwindle and the same family and friends who had enjoyed free services will not be there for the business owner to save the situation.

If you are just starting your business is not a good idea to always give out your product to friends and family all the time for free.

the only way they can help you is to pay for the services or products they buy from you if they can support you with capital or any other necessary things you might need to grow the business.

business should never recognise if the person that is patronizing you as a family member or not and you should always try as much as possible to get money from anyone that is coming to do business with you including a family member, it is the right and the responsibility of the manager of the company to willingly reject the payment of a family member but it's not by Force the reject ,you can just decided on your own.

Well I believe that sometimes you have to bend some rules of your business for family members that is because of the bond you share with them.... That doesn't mean that you should always give them free services they have to pay for it but you could just consider giving discounts

Business and family are two different things, you can bring in family to business if you do so your business will collapse or go bankruptcy in no time. Treat your business special, all family members must pay for whatsoever they purchase in your business if not you will never grow. Am talking out of experience.

It's more like asking is it advisable not to see a single product in your shop because of your family members? Business is business and family is family, both should hold on to its responsibility. Family should raise you up and not tie you down.

There should not be any business for family, because is not advisable for any one that owned a business should be giving out the product to family or whatever, you don't have to take your business for granted when it comes for family problem.

No it is not good at all. Business should always independent from sentiments. Whatever there would involvement of family or not. So i think it will effect your business negatively, But giving gifts to family members is not bad at all but giving them products free just because they are your family members is not good at all.

It's a business not a charity organisation. If a business wants to supply it's product to family member at no cost, then the business must be ready to pay on their behalf. It means you will buy it from the business and then gift it to them. One can't just take part if the business and gift it out as we follow the principle of accounting that says the business is different from the owner(entity concept)

It is very important and good to give free products to your family member in your business one thing about business stuff we need to know is that is when we just start the business that's when you don't give it out anyhow even to the family member but once the business school you can give your family free products and let them go with you and that will even make your business keep moving they will actually bring customer for you so in terms of taking care of family

It is against the rule of business to giving totally free products to your family members but you can give them some concession in the price of products for them but can't be give them totally free products.

At the point when you begin enlightening your loved ones regarding your new independent venture, at any rate a couple of them will undoubtedly ask — maybe just incompletely jokingly — about a "family rebate" on your items.

What's an entrepreneur to do when family, companions and even easygoing colleagues request limits or gifts? In the event that you offer your administrations or items for nothing or for a profound rebate, you may hurt yourself monetarily, and over the long run, you may even start to hate individuals you love. Then again, you don't need the individuals in your group of friends to believe that you are egotistical or careless, particularly on the off chance that they have upheld your innovative undertakings.

In spite of the fact that there is nobody size-fits-all arrangement that will work for all business visionaries or in each circumstance, there are exercises to be gained from individual entrepreneurs who have confronted a similar situation.

When starting up a business, family members and friends are usually our first clients. However that is not to say that free services should be rendered to them. You have to differentiate between your business and your family, like for instance, you can charge less instead of charging your usual fees. For me it’s not advisable to give them services for free as that may lead to the downfall of that business.

Yes it is advisable for a business owner to give free products or services to family members because if we look at it one of the reasons why we work or get involved in an occupation is so that we can cater for our family's or loved one's needs as well as our needs and besides giving to your family doesn't mean you're having a loss since automatically you ought to consider them first.

I have a friend who got angry with his fiance for collecting money from his mother when she came to make her hair in the fiance saloon, his excuse was that she is not supposed to charge his mother because soon they will get married and his mother will become her mother in-law, so she is supposed to make her hair for free. So my question is it advisable to render free services to family members as a business owner?

That's absurd on the part of the man. For goodness sake, this is business and it is not right to force the wife-to-be to make the mother inlaw hair without collecting money. If I want to give free products to family members, then know that I am doing out of goodwill and nothing more.

It's not advisable to even involve a family member to a business if you want the business to yield a good profit within a short period of time
Giving free goods to your family members is not a bad thing to do, but it's something you have to do once in a while
Rendering free service to a family member is not bad but you shouldn't be doing it all the time

Advantages of family businesses
Common values - you and your family are likely to share the same ethos and beliefs on how things should be done. This will give you an extra sense of purpose and pride - and a competitive edge for your business.
Strong commitment - building a lasting family enterprise means you're more likely to put in the extra hours and effort needed to make it a success. Your family is more likely to understand that you need to take a more flexible approach to your working hour.
[automerge]1611729164[/automerge]
Advantages of family businesses
Common values - you and your family are likely to share the same ethos and beliefs on how things should be done. This will give you an extra sense of purpose and pride - and a competitive edge for your business.
Strong commitment - building a lasting family enterprise means you're more likely to put in the extra hours and effort needed to make it a success. Your family is more likely to understand that you need to take a more flexible approach to your working hour.

I do not really advise that because what I'm doing a business and any family member who wants goods or services should paid for it,except I just choose to give them for free purposely which will be within my own will and I don't hold to anyone if I choose not to do so. That is how I will do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds