Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it advisable for a business owner to give free products or services to their family members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Business and morals are two different things. Most people always expect morals in business which it’s not supposed to be like that. You have a projected income and it’s always advisable to be strict with your finances. I don’t see anything bad in getting paid for services rendered to a relative
As an ethic, you can help your friends and relatives. But there are some business rules that when you give something to someone, the number one thing is not to get used to it. Secondly, he will not be your relative or friend alone and there will be others like him. So avoid repeating this thing over and over again.

Advertisement Placeholder
If it were elsewhere, it would be ok to offer free service to family.

In my country, if you do so, the next time the person is coming, all of their family and friends will follow.

That's why I prefer to keep business and family separate.

Its a little difficult. If your fiance is good and you run a successful business then you can give free products and services to relatives. But family members are our part of life .you can give them free. Because they bring to us at this stage where we become a successful business man. So never disappoint them.

I think it is not advisable because it can interrupt your profit. Your family and friends should be the first people who will support you. You don't have responsibilities to give them your products for free

The purpose of every business is to make profit, in other to meet with our every needs. Giving goods to family is not bad, if it for the purpose of a trial, but when it goes on consecutively it becomes a problem and as such reduces the income of the business. That way the business would go into shortage or bankruptcy.

I have a friend who got angry with his fiance for collecting money from his mother when she came to make her hair in the fiance saloon, his excuse was that she is not supposed to charge his mother because soon they will get married and his mother will become her mother in-law, so she is supposed to make her hair for free. So my question is it advisable to render free services to family members as a business owner?
I can not understand to your question at the moment. But I can understand the feelings of a person when he or she have to beg money from others to meet his or her expenses. It is really a hurting situation.

Rendering free service , of course, doesn't make sense for every business, but for those operating in software or on the Internet, is a very real consideration that should be made. That said, it's crucial for startups to consider ways they can generate revenue if they do choose to offering free service.

There's nothing wrong with giving a free product or rendering a free service to family members once on a while, but that should be an exception not a norm. As a business owner you should make sure that your family members understand that they have to pay for any product or service they got from your shop.

Sometimes it's acceptable because due to this they can test your product they will know that the quality of your product is good in this way they invite their friend to use your product and as well as a gift
I have a friend who got angry with his fiance for collecting money from his mother when she came to make her hair in the fiance saloon, his excuse was that she is not supposed to charge his mother because soon they will get married and his mother will become her mother in-law, so she is supposed to make her hair for free. So my question is it advisable to render free services to family members as a business owner?

it is a big no because even if you are the owner of the business you have to pay for your purchases that is the rule you must follo w when you do a business.just like they said business is a business there is no family or friends that will given a product that is free

A business is a business and must be treated as a business, you don't have to treat a family member differently from others when it comes to business. Giving a free service a family member it will ease their worry thus giving free service is a once for a while. Family members and friends must be mandated to pay for anything they desire from your business.

Do not be afraid to be firm in enforcing usage. You can utilize your POS system to preset your family and friends with the discount of your choosing. Depending on your margins, 10-15% is a healthy discountwhich benefits the recipient without harming you too much

It isn't. Family should be treated differently from the business. If you are going to gift your family members the product you sell, then you have to pay for such gifted items. Business should be treated as business.

It is not advisable. Business is always business and it should be taken seriously as one. It is only when you feel like giving out a product as give away and they genuinely deserve and won the competition that you can give them.

Running a business, there are some things you have planned for and there also some unexpected situations that come up. you have to make it clear to your family members that a business is different from a family property.

It depends on the frequency at which he does it. Do they receive the free services Everytime? If yes, then that kind of dealing is not favourable for the business. Is there anything wrong in people paying for they get, whether from family members or not?

I don't comprehend why individuals assume that an entrepreneur some way or another gets stuff with the expectation of complimentary that they can offer away to freeloadersE. Entrepreneurs need to purchase the stuff they have available to be purchased and in the event that they don't receive cash as a trade-off for the offer of a thing, the expense emerges from her pocket. So it is better .

It depends on how much your business has grown otherwise, it is not appropriate to start giving out gifts from a business that is not well rooted to the ground otherwise, the business will crumble. But where you feel that your business has grown greatly to the point that when give out of the business, you won't feel the impact, then you can comfortably give out of your business.

To me it is not advisable because for a business to succeed you have to put family or friends aside. When you give family/ friend a product today for free, tomorrow again for free how many products is it going to remain for you to sell. Moreover, before you know both the profit and the cost you will dash it out unnoticed.

It's depends on what you are comfortable with.As a matter of fact I know some families that would not even want to be given freebies.They make a stand that business is business and when there is need to give out gift then it will be gift and not freebies.
On her part ,she might feel until they are married she wouldn't treat anybody as family and honestly is nothing to judge her for as it's her business and such situations are tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds