Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is coming in late for work a ground for suspension?

Alexandoy

Captain Junkie
Credits
The employee is hired because there is a job to do. When he comes in late for work the flow of work is affected especially if the job is critical to the operation. Some offices issue a suspension for a number of days when the tardiness is too often like 3 times a week and every week. Do you think it is fair to the employee or is the boss too harsh on the suspension? Too many times tardy can also be a reason for termination of the employee which happened to our office before.

Advertisement Placeholder
Giving employee suspension for coming late to work severally is very okay, The employee might have been warned several times and he didn't take correction, so this suspension is good a disciplinary method for him.

Coming late once per month might be acceptable but if you are coming in late every couple of days of course the employer won't accept that from you

In the job I have now, when a member of the staff is late for the 3rd time a written warning is lifted, if you fail to comply with the schedule to the 3rd written warning, it is placed at the order of the personnel department and an administrative file is opened If he repeats, he is expelled.

The employee is hired because there is a job to do. When he comes in late for work the flow of work is affected especially if the job is critical to the operation. Some offices issue a suspension for a number of days when the tardiness is too often like 3 times a week and every week. Do you think it is fair to the employee or is the boss too harsh on the suspension? Too many times tardy can also be a reason for termination of the employee which happened to our office before.
I always say to myself that proper time used will bring you future benefit. But improper time schedule will get some of your activities ruin.

Getting a suspension at work for coming late is a good one because you are being giving a job so you can work and before you are being given a suspension for coming late that means is the first time such person as been coming late to work

I think that will depend on the company's policies ... there are companies in which when an employee violates a rule, he is called for attention, with three calls for attention he is given a warning, and three reprimands are grounds for dismissal . But, each company has its internal policies

I think it is acceptable knowing that an employee is being constantly late, and sometimes it could lead to termination if it becomes worse. However, if it only twice a month might be okay.

Different institutions have their terms and conditions which the employee must have been aware of before accepting his appointment. If it's stated that you would be suspended for coming late, then there's nothing wrong in it.

Well, it could be a good ground for suspension if you have no genuine or cogent reasons for going late to work. Also, if you have become frequent in going late to work then, your boss might be forced to suspend you. In order to go late I feel you should take permission.

I can't accept it to be a ground of suspension in the first place but firstly you have to warn him or her very well and the company must have rules and regulations then if he or she repeating it regularly then I think he or she deserves suspension then

The ground for suspension could not be lateness. Misappropriation of funds, breakdown of rules and regulations and any other clause as stated in the handbook that can led to suspension. Before any suspension can be awarded there must have been a disciplinary committee presiding over the issue which is grievous.

Coming in late for work is a serious issue that can greatly affect the performance of an organization. I think the employer has every authority to suspend such an employee. But one should not be suspended for coming late just once. It should happen if the person has been coming so often that his/her productivity in the workplace is affected.

I think it is important than employees know that their tardiness can affect the work flow of an organisation. Also if the employees had already signed something in relation to penalty incurred if late to work, then it is only right . I think the suspension might be over the board , probably a lesser penalty.

Depends on the job you are doing, and the type of boss you have, but generally it is not good to resume late to work, that's not good working etiquettes.you should be giving a warning but if it persists you should be suspended

Yes, anyone should be suspended for incessant late comings as you are making the institution less productive, you should have known the rules and regulations guiding an institution before you begin to work there in he first place, and the consequences for breaking such rules.

Coming late five times or more should not lead to suspension but deduction in the staff's salary, suspension doesn't make a worker serious but no one loves deduction from their salaries, a worker may risk dismissal if he shows too much unseriousness towards the job.

It depends on the code of conduct of the organization, some are very strict with punctuality meanwhile some others aren't. The punishment meted out on the employee would be in complete accordance to the CCB.

Punctuality is the sole of business. As an employer of labour, I have zero tolerance for lateness to work. I would suspend an employee for late coming only when it becomes a regular occurrence. Before that I would place the employee on probation.

If an employee is consistently late, it's not the fault of the company for giving the person a suspension.

The same way some employees are awarded for punctuality, tardiness should be punished.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds