Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is advisable for employers to have interpersonal relationships with their staffs?

There was a lady that was exposed to be having sex with her staff and was caught by her husband who came to their office unannounced. It really sad for the man.

Advertisement Placeholder
I do not think that an employer must have an interpersonal relationship with staff members because such kind of relationships lead to a loss of respect. Your employees might no longer respect you and start viewing you as a "friend".

Having a personal relationship between the management and the working staff, but not a love affair or sexual affair, can help the business grow because it improves productive in staff.

Having a personal relationship between the management and the working staff, but not a love affair or sexual affair, can help the business grow because it improves productive in staff.
That is right. Such friendship and working together is very good for business. When workers get along well, conflicts are reduced and people work well in all their responsibilities.

There is nothing bad for an employer to have a good cordial relationship with the employees. In fact, it strengthens the bond of union and the company or business will continue to progress. Should an employee be scared of his boss, there will be problems

I don't see how it will affect the business in a negative way, especially when boundaries have been set from the start, I think having interpersonal relationships might even help smoothen transitions for newer employees.

I also don't see it affecting in a negative way, unless someone is having affair and it is damaging the working environment, or unless the employee tries to take benefit of this interpersonal relationship

I feel if you're over cordial with your staff, they might be disrespect or them not taking you seriously which is not good for business.
I think when it comes to the issue of being cordial with your employees,it has to be based on things that will have a general outlook on the job and their personal needs in connection with the job.

Having interpersonal relationship with your stuff is not really bad but they should be boundaries. The business is what really matters in most cases, therefore if it is not at the detriment of the business there is nothing wrong with that.

I also don't see it affecting in a negative way, unless someone is having affair and it is damaging the working environment, or unless the employee tries to take benefit of this interpersonal relationship
Sometimes, there are some relationships that can bring jealousy into the working environment and that can hamper the growth of the business. In such a scenario it is not advisable.

Being close with your workers is the best way to move your business forward , creating a bond of friendship with them makes them feel more safer with their boss and more confident to work .

Being close with your workers is the best way to move your business forward , creating a bond of friendship with them makes them feel more safer with their boss and more confident to work .
I have to be close with my employees. I wouldn't want to make our relationship so interpersonal but will only be a business relationship only. That doesn't mean I wouldn't care about them.

Having an interpersonal relationship among staff is very helpful. Everyone gets to see themselves as members of a big family and that would foster growth and increase productivity.

I do not have any problem with that , But most importantly every employers in a business should try to maintain certain relationship level with their employees so it won't lead to over familiarity.

Having a cordial relationship with your staffs may be key to a successful business but how does it affect the business negative ways?
I refuse to believe that a cordial relationship between the employer and workers is a net negative for the business. This friendliness encourages employees to increase productivity which is good for the organization

Having a cordial relationship with your staffs may be key to a successful business but how does it affect the business negative ways?
If the employer and staffs have a friendly relationship like having dinners, sitting with each other and talking about the business... This team could become undefeatable.

A good employer should be able to know and understand his employees very well,and he cannot do that be distancing himself from them,but in doing that he should not get too familia with them.

Having a good interpersonal relationship with your workers as then owner of tphe business is the best secret to success , the workers will be able to confide in you and take you as a friend .

Having a good interpersonal relationship with your workers as then owner of tphe business is the best secret to success , the workers will be able to confide in you and take you as a friend .
Having interpersonal relationship with your employees is absolutely necessary. It can help in the success of the business and most importantly it can also help you to know those that might be trusted and those that shouldn't.

I don't see anything wrong with an employer having an interpersonal relationship with his or her employees. I just believe that there should be a limit to everything.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds