Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is advisable for employers to have interpersonal relationships with their staffs?

I believe it is only better and advisable for you to only maintain a certain unity in your business, interpersonal relationship in business should only be encouraged when is for the growth of the business Not something that will not divert the attention of business to pleasure.

Advertisement Placeholder
There might be interpersonal relationship between them but that doesn't have to affect the chain of command or production of the company.
Having a cordial and interpersonal relationship between the business owner and employer is the best way to mob the business forward , but the relationship should not affect work.

Having a cordial relationship with your staffs may be key to a successful business but how does it affect the business negative ways?
Yes it's okay to have a cordial relationship with your staffs but then every thing has its limits or threshold endeavor not to go past that

If what you mean is a good relationship with the staffs, then it is a good thing and should be encouraged. However there have been many reports of employers who sexually harasses their staffs just because they are the boss and most times, employees tend to lost their jobs if they refuse to cooperate

Employees should not try to have personal relationship with their bosses but then this is something that you normally cannot control. In this kind of scenario you should always try to keep office work in the office.

Having a cordial relationship with your staffs may be key to a successful business but how does it affect the business negative ways?
A cordial relationship with your employees is just okay.
Any thing beyond that is a no-no.
Impoliteness on the side of the employee, disrespect, incompetence, laziness, are some of the effects of any thing more than a cordial relationship with employees.

It is important to have interpersonal relationship with staff although it should be professional. This interpersonal relationship would help to bring out productivity in the workers when they feel their impact is felt.

There is nothing bad in having a cordial relationship with your co-workers or your employee. This way helps to Foster good relationship and peace in the workplace.

Of course , But I feel this is the job of the manager to make sure this is always in check , because you can’t have a thriving business if your employers are not taken good care off

Employees can be motivated to work harder if you have a solid interpersonal relationship with them.

It is important and beneficial for both employer and staff if the employer has an intepersonal relationship with staffs, it brings a sense of worth to the staffs and makes them give a positive contribution to the business.

I think is very good for the company if the employer has interpersonal relationship with the employees. This will not only improve working environment but also make the worker more efficient.

Having a cordial relationship with your staffs as a businessowner is not a bad thing at all of it's done professionally. Intact, it would restore confidence to the staff and makes them feel their personal issues could be treated by their boss. This will actually make time give their best at work.

Why would a businessowner be rigid? Its very good thing to be flexible in the dealings with your staff members. Make them feel important at work in such a way that they could discuss their personal issues with you. This would make them take your company more seriously and they would give their best.

There may be relational connection between them however that doesn't need to influence the hierarchy of leadership or creation of the organization.

Having personal relationships with your staff is not bad at all. But it should not be too much that the code of conduct is broken. There should be a balance between being a friend and a boss.

I don't see any harm having a cordial relationship with your staff.
The problem may arise if the relationship exceeds cordial.
For example, dating your employee may in a short run breed disrespect depending on the individual concerned and may indirectly affect the business.

Yes, it is important and beneficial for a business owner or employer to have good inter-personal relationship with his staff. It promotes cooperation and unity in the workplace

As for me, it's definitely something that I'm never going to do at all for any reason whatsoever because I'm sure that in the end it's going to breed insults.

I am still of the opinion that having inter personal relationship with workers is a really good thing to do as it will make them feel important and have sense of belonging. That is just my take. Thanks for sharing.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds