Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

If you are presently self-employed - why did you decide to be so?

Well I'm currently unemployed, but a lot of people who are self-employed are not so by choice, they might have sought employment but it wasn't forth coming so they decided to go into business
This is actually the situation a lot of people in my country who are used are suffering or passing through cause of high rate of unemployment in the country that they have to get self-employed in order for them to survive.

Advertisement Placeholder
I just started my business last year, so that makes me self-employed and i decided to be self employed when i lost my offline job during the pandemic lockdown .

I never though I would be self employed. It happened by chance. Before I completed my education, I was already earning money as a freelance writer. Therefore, after completing my university program, I decided to pursue my freelance career

The main reason is because I can be able to schedule my time to fit in so many activities that can be able to help me, working for a private company now may not give you the required time for other important things in your life ,which is not the best.

The main reason is because I can be able to schedule my time to fit in so many activities that can be able to help me, working for a private company now may not give you the required time for other important things in your life ,which is not the best.
That is very true. Having your own business gives you so much time to do other things that are important in life. When you are self employed, your time is yours and you can plan it how you want.

That is very true. Having your own business gives you so much time to do other things that are important in life. When you are self employed, your time is yours and you can plan it how you want.
Your boss won't even give you the time and the permission to engage in other things because they believe that this will reduce your productivity and your concentration in his business, in this case you will only be allowed to focus on the job alone.. students can engage in such.

I decided to be self employed because I, realized that I lost interest in working for people, I believe I can do a business I want and still earn something anyday I want.

I am currently freelancing because I want to experience the freedom in picking the job that I wish and work at a time convenient for me pending when I save up enough to start up my business.

Well a lot of different reasons. I do not want to make money for others. I want to be independent and be able to control the way I work and also I like working with people not for them.

Been self employed is something very tangible good to develop and proof self esteem ideas and be on my personal lane running my things mostly times I hate to be under command and other so I decided to be on my own. It really ginger me and bring myself up to some many things outside there.

Self employment provides one with enough time, and independence, I started gaining weight after I became self employed, It gives me peace of mind and makes me confident in myself.
Being self employed has given me the opportunity to move around anytime with my friends and family because working under some one has to do with you only moving around when you are done for the day.
Being self employed has given me the opportunity to move around anytime with my friends and family because working under some one has to do with you only moving around when you are done for the day.

Last edited:
Definitely to escape the chains of servitude and work for myself putting out my own ideas and learning as I go too, working for oneself rather for another is also a deciding factor for such

Been self employed is something very tangible good to develop and proof self esteem ideas and be on my personal lane running my things mostly times I hate to be under command and other so I decided to be on my own. It really ginger me and bring myself up to some many things outside there.
As a result of high rate of unemployment in my country you don't really have a choice than to be self-employed and make money for yourself because the government don't really care about creating new job opportunities.

I am still working for a company at present so I earn a salary every month. but I am willing to become self-employed because I want to become my own boss and have control over the thing is and the amount I make at the end of the month.

I chose to be self employed because I needed financial independence, I was equipped with the knowledge and skills which will generate income for myself, the only thing in need is to exploit the potential.

I have been searching for a white collar job for so many years after my graduation , but when i realises there's limited government out there , I decided to start saving and start my own street stall business.

Yes I am presently a self employed person this is because I have always want to be self employed I have gone through alot and I believe that everything I which some one want to achieve can definitely achieve when effort are being applied so I tried to on my own at all time.
A lot of people are actually self-employed and my country because of the high rate of unemployment since the government don't want to create any job opportunities for the graduating students.

I'm presently self employed and I love it. Growing up, I always had this mindset of not working under anyone but rather be a boss .I hate being bossed around
I've worked for people and some companies over the years and come to realise that I am wasting my time which is why I decided to work for myself right now.

I'm presently self employed because I like to be so because I like a boss to handle my business very well, I decided to be in order to promote my business.

The freedom that comes with being self employed is amazing and thrilling. A wise man once said that it's impossible to get rich working for others.
I couldn't have been able to have the liberty that I have now if I wasn't self employed.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds