Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How much do I need to start domain flipping business?

Domain flipping is a capital intense business that is very profitable all over the world. It also requires the right professionalism to be at the apex of what you are doing. But with the right amount of energy, time and resources one should expect a good result.

Advertisement Placeholder
If you are registering for the first time, you can get it for cheap, however, if you are buying old domains from domain marketplace, it can cost more. If you are registering a dot com, you can get it for $8-$13, however, dot io cost $35.The willingness to hold it and shrug off low price tag etc. Can influence the domain flipping business.

First, you need to find a domain that’s worth buying. If you want to make the most cash, you’ll need to optimize your strategy by finding a domain that’s both inexpensive to initially purchase and potentially lucrative to sell

Well, I think you could start with a sum as 10dollars. The most important thing is to get a good name for the domain. Sell domains that "tell stories", that sends a "message" to anyone who stumbles upon it.. Honestly, if no mental picture forms in your mind for a domain of your own, then it would probably be the same for any one you are "hoping" to buy.

Domains sell for anywhere between a few dollars and hundreds of millions of dollars, and you can feasibly start with just one domain to flip. Accordingly, it's possible to start domain flipping with $10.

I am currently reading and learning tips about this business because I am interested in making money from it.
Please how much would be enough to help me start this business as a newbie?
steps to flip a domain
  1. Search for a domain. First, you need to find a domain that's worth buying. ...
  2. Evaluate the domain. When you find a domain that's friendly to your budget, you'll need to spend some time evaluating it. ...
  3. Register the domain name. ...
  4. Find a buyer for the domain. ...
  5. Sell the domain.

steps to flip a domain
  1. Search for a domain. First, you need to find a domain that's worth buying. ...
  2. Evaluate the domain. When you find a domain that's friendly to your budget, you'll need to spend some time evaluating it. ...
  3. Register the domain name. ...
  4. Find a buyer for the domain. ...
  5. Sell the domain.
It is easier said than done. I am following updates on www.namepros.com and I must say that it is not easy. They are putting in a lot of efforts before being able to sell a single domain name.

However, domain flipping isca bit of a numbers game. You may end up owning a domain for a months or even years before you sell it.
On top of that, many of your inexpensive domains may not make you any money,but if even kne is able to sell for some dollars or any currencies as the case maybe. It could make your entire operation profitable.

If you are trying domain flipping as a business, you need a lot of money to buy a lot of domains, have patience to hold these domains for many tears and until, your domains get sold continue pay for the renewal.

If you are trying domain flipping as a business, you need a lot of money to buy a lot of domains, have patience to hold these domains for many tears and until, your domains get sold continue pay for the renewal.
You're correct, it takes time and money for the one aiming to earn reasonably through domain flipping business. No legit online or offline business yields profit over night. We need start somewhere to build our empire to be great.

Domain flipping is risky in a sense that you might have to hold your domains for years and it may never get sold. In the mean time, you will have to renew every year. Then there is also a marketing cost involved.

Domain flipping is risky in a sense that you might have to hold your domains for years and it may never get sold. In the mean time, you will have to renew every year. Then there is also a marketing cost involved.
I don't see myself engaging my time on such kind of business. I can't deal on domain flipping business, because i have no idea about how to be successful through it. And I'm not intending to embark on the business, cos of the dangers surrounding it. Renewing NY domain name annually, and not seeing a buyer matching my asking price, might make me pay in excess to renewal before finally flipping it.

The most important thing to consider while trying to build a domain flipping business is the cost of maintenance. You may get domains for discounts in the first year, therefore, you may be able to buy a lot of domains. However, the second year the cost rises.

The most important thing to consider while trying to build a domain flipping business is the cost of maintenance. You may get domains for discounts in the first year, therefore, you may be able to buy a lot of domains. However, the second year the cost rises.
Domain flipping business is risky one, but one needs to be patient enough in order to earn meaningfully from domain flipping business. I don't see myself for the business, I don't want to wait too long before i flip my domains to make some bucks.

I have been waiting to sell my domains since 5 years. How many more years do I wait patiently? LOL! I did once find a buyer for a domain, however, the offer price was less than the money spent on domain renewal for 5 years.

A lot of people take a cue from domain marketplace. They see the kind of price a domain sale is fetching and get excited. However, they don't see that these people have invested on domain for 5-10 years.

I am currently reading and learning tips about this business because I am interested in making money from it.
Please how much would be enough to help me start this business as a newbie?
The best way to go about this is to do more of more research online, because base on what I heard about this business it is very lucrative and am thinking of starting mine as well. So I'll also make some more research over it before starting up tho. And lastly I'll do more of my research on youtube to know the best way to start as well.

I don't see myself engaging my time on such kind of business. I can't deal on domain flipping business, because i have no idea about how to be successful through it. And I'm not intending to embark on the business, cos of the dangers surrounding it. Renewing NY domain name annually, and not seeing a buyer matching my asking price, might make me pay in excess to renewal before finally flipping it.
You don't necessarily need to renew a domain name after you didn't get a buyer. You can allow it to expire without renewing it. You only renew when you feel the domain name is valuable.
A single sale of your domain would help you recover all you may have lost.

Domain flipping Is a profitable business, I'm also I the business and I can tell you that if you know how to choose goo Domain names you will make money from it. For a start you can buy 10 domains to kick start your domain Business. 1 domain cost $9. You can multiply that by 10
Wow! I would really love to connect with you. As I am really looking forward to make money and a friend of mine just told me about domain flipping but he also doesn't know much about it which is why I'm glad I saw this thread.

The money you will need for your domain flipping business is probably just the money to register the domain. A lot about the price depends on the provider but go daddy starts from about five dollar a month. You have to make very good research though in order not to waste your money.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds