Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you deal with overtime work for more than 30 days?

This is exactly the same way I feel about working in any company because I will never do what is my health will suffer for because I am working for a company that will always replace me the moment something to happen to me or that I drop dead.
Lolz, most of them are just interested in exploiting their employees and paying them peanut. As long as my health is at risk I'll try and avoid such responsibilities and jobs as much as possible except in rare cases that I don't have any option but even with that I'll only do it for a shorter period of time until something reasonable comes up.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have experienced this before and truth be told its not easy. As at this time last year, i was working over time for a photo editing company. There where days i would go to the office as early as 6am and leave around 7 or 8 in the evening, and the worse part was they did not even pay me extra.

Recently I have experienced this. Working for more than 12 - 14 hours a day is a bit too much. I couldn't even take lunch breaks and such and yet, my manager refused to pay us overtime payment.

All she said was 'You just can't expect extra payment for a handful of overtime days. You need to help the project when it needs your guidance'. If you need the so called 'help' shouldn't you give the appropriate compensation as well? We fell sick after that and had to recuperate quite a bit. I don't get why she chose to ignore things that could actually help her team (it's in her hands after all).

If you can't pay overtime, even that is fine. However, let the employees take some time off instead. Is that too much to ask? How do you guys deal with it?
The best thing for me to do is to lodge a complaint because I see no reason why I will be working overtime and I will not even get paid for the extra work that I am doing.

Recently I have experienced this. Working for more than 12 - 14 hours a day is a bit too much. I couldn't even take lunch breaks and such and yet, my manager refused to pay us overtime payment.

All she said was 'You just can't expect extra payment for a handful of overtime days. You need to help the project when it needs your guidance'. If you need the so called 'help' shouldn't you give the appropriate compensation as well? We fell sick after that and had to recuperate quite a bit. I don't get why she chose to ignore things that could actually help her team (it's in her hands after all).

If you can't pay overtime, even that is fine. However, let the employees take some time off instead. Is that too much to ask? How do you guys deal with it?
If you are running your business, then if you put in overtime, then it only benefits you and increases the earning your business.But you have to walk according to that, so you can manage your time in a good way, then it is not difficult for you to give that over time to your business.The most advantage of this is that your business will grow more and more in a very short time.

It's not an easy task to be consistent for a whole thirty days to work overtime but by the help of determination and passion, I carry them out successfully. However, someone should create time for rest because someone brain needs to reset and reload itself because of too much information.

It's not an easy task to be consistent for a whole thirty days to work overtime but by the help of determination and passion, I carry them out successfully. However, someone should create time for rest because someone brain needs to reset and reload itself because of too much information.

Well, I must say that working continuously for thirty days could be a really hard thing for many people. However, many people still manage to make money and they have no issue working for thirty days, as they may have no other option. Many grocery stores and supermarkets are open in here for seven days a week.

If the employer won't pay me for the overtime done , I'll just cease doing it because of the exploitation involved. If this still persists, I will be obliged to quit and seek another avenue of employment.

Seriously this is not something that I will even consider at all because I will not stress myself working too much even when I'm not supposed to work, then you will have to try to be conniving and not paying me for working overtime.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds