Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you deal with overtime work for more than 30 days?

I don't believe I can work more hours without receiving compensation.
If I must work overtime, I must be compensated for the stress I will experience during that time.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are some jobs in which the payment rates may be okay but the stress you have to go through to achieve and earned this salary at the end of the month is nothing to write home about. I just need a less stressful job and probably academic qualification and your natural talents can give you that.
That's why I don't really like that idea, I don't think you can get what you want if you are working under someone, you can hardly get paid a considerable amount of money.

That's why I don't really like that idea, I don't think you can get what you want if you are working under someone, you can hardly get paid a considerable amount of money.
I don't have any plan of working for any private organisation except those that can be willing to pay me good salary at the end of the month. From there I can be able to save up enough to start up a profitable business. What of working for the government?

I think that on the off chance that the boss cannot pay me for the work wear , at that point I would got to consider my alternatives and leave since it is really exploitative to require that course of activity against a laborer

Recently I have experienced this. Working for more than 12 - 14 hours a day is a bit too much. I couldn't even take lunch breaks and such and yet, my manager refused to pay us overtime payment.

All she said was 'You just can't expect extra payment for a handful of overtime days. You need to help the project when it needs your guidance'. If you need the so called 'help' shouldn't you give the appropriate compensation as well? We fell sick after that and had to recuperate quite a bit. I don't get why she chose to ignore things that could actually help her team (it's in her hands after all).

If you can't pay overtime, even that is fine. However, let the employees take some time off instead. Is that too much to ask? How do you guys deal with it?
I'm not a robot who can work a full day without a proper break I don't live to work I live to live I love reading books and gardening I don't have to be rich to have happy life and that money wouldn't be so good after spending so much time earning it

Before beginning work, an employee should establish an agreement with their boss. The start time and end time of the work are specified in the agreement. So you should quit working when the project is finished, as specified in the contract. If you wish to put in extra time, the management should be aware that you are only doing so voluntarily to support the nation.
You just started the fact. I don't how someone can start work without having an agreement with the employer. One of the thing that should be in the agreement signed between the employee and employer is the time of the work. That's when the work will start and when it'll end. If the employer want you to work beyond the time agreed, then you have every right to ask for additional payment.

Truth be told , if you are working under some organisation , you will always be under paid because they can't actually pay you for the amount of the actual time you are working for them .

Some are actually coping with that hours maybe it's because of money that are involved, i can't say. To me, the highest numbers of hours for work should not be more than 10hours

I don't believe I can work more hours without receiving compensation.
If I must work overtime, I must be compensated for the stress I will experience during that time.

I have also reduced my timings when it comes to working online. This is because I was getting burned out really quickly and I had health concerns that I had to deal with. This is why things got harder for me.

you want to be successful in life you to over work hard n to have all the money you need, we are all here to make our ends meet and we don't have to be rich before we can do that.

i can not work overtime for straight 30 days, i would just breakdown on the long run, except i find myself in a critical situation where i have no other option but to help the company i work for.

Recently I have experienced this. Working for more than 12 - 14 hours a day is a bit too much. I couldn't even take lunch breaks and such and yet, my manager refused to pay us overtime payment.

All she said was 'You just can't expect extra payment for a handful of overtime days. You need to help the project when it needs your guidance'. If you need the so called 'help' shouldn't you give the appropriate compensation as well? We fell sick after that and had to recuperate quite a bit. I don't get why she chose to ignore things that could actually help her team (it's in her hands after all).

If you can't pay overtime, even that is fine. However, let the employees take some time off instead. Is that too much to ask? How do you guys deal with it?
If the employer won't pay me for my overtime work, I'll just cease doing it; else, I'll quit and communicate to other people who will need my skills. I do not think being treated as a pawn in an organization is ideal

the nature of my work make me do overtime and I see nothing bad in it because I have a dialy target to meet up with

the nature of my work make me do overtime and I see nothing bad in it because I have a dialy target to meet up with
Overtime in work means reduced working in the next day otherwise body could not compensate so if you work from 9 to 5 and yesterday you work from 9 to 7 then at least next day from 9 to 3 otherwise you will get bored especially if it is programming staffs.

I don't think i can work overtime and not get any extra pay. If at all i'm to work overtime, then i have to be paid for all the stress i'll pass through during that period.
Probably, it is always very important and necessary that you know your wortg whenever you're working for any business venture. Working overtime and not getting paid is not good at all.

Surely something as long as the overtime you stated should not be allowed without breaks? I know the average full time in most places is 8 hours a day so if you are then doing 12 - 14 hours a day you are doing another 4 - 6 extra hours of overtime, even with an 8-hour shit you get regular breaks and the same should be the case with any overtime as well. I do think though that kind of overtime regularly is frowned upon and they should at least give you more time off or breaks for the overtime you put in.

Truth be told , if you are working under some organisation , you will always be under paid because they can't actually pay you for the amount of the actual time you are working for them .

Economy is so bad that now many people usually think about doing overtime at work. They think about making more money because they are going through some really tough time in my country.

Probably, it is always very important and necessary that you know your wortg whenever you're working for any business venture. Working overtime and not getting paid is not good at all.
I honestly don't understand why some employees would work overtime and not get paid...I feel it's just the company being mean and it's really not nice at all.

I honestly don't understand why some employees would work overtime and not get paid...I feel it's just the company being mean and it's really not nice at all.

I would simply not work for such kind of company. I have worked for such sort of company in the past that tried to take advantage. However, I ended up leaving that company.

it does not make sense to even work for such a company. They are just using you in order to make profit for themselves without any kind of reward. That is not a good idea.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds