Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you deal with negative feedback?

Nobody likes criticism but the ability to incorporate it in your work can make you stand out.

Interviewers try to evaluate if you can take criticism positively and work on your design again and again until the stake-holders are satisfied .. how can u achieve that ?
Negative feedback is necessary if any business is to improve and grow. No one gets it right at the starting of any business,if you don't get negative feedback,you will think you are doing things right even if you are not. Negative feedback makes one to go to the drawing board and make corrections where needed.so negative feedback should be appreciated at always.
[automerge]1612189254[/automerge]
Nobody likes criticism but the ability to incorporate it in your work can make you stand out.

Interviewers try to evaluate if you can take criticism positively and work on your design again and again until the stake-holders are satisfied .. how can u achieve that ?
Negative feedback is necessary if any business is to improve and grow. No one gets it right at the starting of any business,if you don't get negative feedback,you will think you are doing things right even if you are not. Negative feedback makes one to go to the drawing board and make corrections where needed.so negative feedback should be appreciated at always.

Advertisement Placeholder
If I get negative feedback from my customers or anyone in particular, I just try to find out the reason why I was giving the negative feedback and work towards it.

Negative feedback are healthy because it makes me realize where and where I need to work on.

Positive critism is good for every company to incorporate it. Without relative critism it will be difficult to bring out the best skills in most of our employees.
I will advice that critism sometimes can be a motivating factor that can awaken a deadened soul.

Criticism is actually a good thing because it opens your eyes to the things you are not paying attention to. Negative feedback makes me go back to the drawing board and out things in the right perspective to make my business grow.

Feedback either negative or positive is not meant to be taken personal. It is only meant to help you understand and know other's perception of you and your business. In retrospect it is meant to make you get better or perhaps improve on whatever you are doing or at least maintain it.

So I don't take negative feedbacks personal at all, as i know the intention is not to attack my person rather to deal with issues.

Negative feedbacks are sure things you experience and get from customers in business. Not all customers might like the goods or services rendered to them. I believe the best way to deal with such feedback is take note of them and assure the customer you are gonna work on the complaint and make sure there is improvement on the aspect complained about.

Negative feedback how's your part of lesson that teaches about life,despite any situation whether you are happy or sad they must be a negative feedback, it is only left for you to listen and learn a lesson from it.

There are several good reasons to remain silent when you’re on the receiving end of negative feedback. Of course, you want to understand exactly what the criticism is before you react to it. But you need to be listening for other things, too.

In dealing you a negative feedback, you may be tempted to get angry and react negatively, however you need to calm down and look at the reasons for such a feedback, it is possible there is a lesson to be learnt. But if the negative feedback is meant to get you upset, the you pray for the grace of God to ignore and accept it in good faith.

There’s no shortage of advice about how to react to negative feedback. Whether the critic is a boss or a co-worker, the same familiar guidance is consistently presented: Listen carefully, don’t get defensive, ask for time.

There’s nothing wrong with these three suggestions, of course. But at the moment when an unhappy colleague is telling you loudly that the project plan you created left out some obvious key components, or your boss is taking you to task for the stumbles you made in running an important meeting, it’s hard to recall these valid pointers, move them to the front of your mind, and actually act on them

Negative feedback isn't all round bad as they are part of what brings room for improvement in life and also in the business world generally and I think you should prepare your mind for it especially when u are a serving people, you should just react positively and take it as an aid to a job well done because you will gradually start loosing customers if you think it wrong for people to drop a little complain or observation about a service you renderd for them. Basically, in such scenario you will do background check on the issue and disciplinary action be taken where needed.
[automerge]1612193229[/automerge]
Negative feedback isn't all round bad as they are part of what brings room for improvement in life and also in the business world generally and I think you should prepare your mind for it especially when u are a serving people, you should just react positively and take it as an aid to a job well done because you will gradually start loosing customers if you think it wrong for people to drop a little complain or observation about a service you renderd for them. Basically, in such scenario you will do background check on the issue and disciplinary action be taken where needed.

No matter what you do you will always gonna receive negative feedback. It's the nature of people that they never will be happy from what you're doing. I'm dealing with it from a very long time but honestly it doesn't hurt me anymore. I don't even care about others negative feedback anymore. Just listen from one ear or let is out from other one.

When handling any issue one should always take caution, more so when handling a negative information we should be very slow to respond so that we can think deeply and give the best response to the situation and not bloat the issues.

A good and genuine business company should be able to deal with negative feedback from customers politely without making it seems as people or organisation doesn't make mistake, you should always try and address the situation and make sure you offer the best service to people .

Distinguish the accuracy of the feedback from the quality of its presentation. Few people are skilled at presenting criticism in a way that makes the recipient feel comfortable accepting what’s being said as worthwhile information and learning from it. I often hear, “It wasn’t what she said, it was the way she said it.” OK, the way she said it was harsh and callous and insensitive. But is she right? Even though negative feedback may be badly delivered, it may be accurate.

1. Ask clarifying questions. ...
  2. Know that negative feedback isn't a personal attack. ...
  3. Ask for feedback often. ...
  4. Take time to process your emotions. ...
  5. View the feedback from your critic's point of view. ...
  6. Determine whether the feedback is constructive or destructive.

Don’t get defensive. When the other person’s criticisms seem inaccurate, ill-informed, petty, irrational, or just plain weird, it’s easy to become defensive. Even when your criticizer is factually wrong, the response “You’re wrong!” won’t ever be helpful. Not even if you can prove it.

Negative feedback is very normal, as they help you in improving your works, without negative feedbacks you would never know if you're making a mistake or not, so negative feedback is very important as it is great for one to know where mistakes are coming from and help one to improve it's skills.

Unless the negative feedback concerns something that is right-on-the-spot fixable, it’s good to ask for time to consider what your informant has told you. This provides several benefits. It defuses the immediate situation. It tells the other person that you consider their feedback important enough that you want to consider it carefully and calmly. And it allows you to think through the accuracy of what you’ve been told, perhaps testing its validity with others.

It just depends on mindset, there's always criticism be it constructive or otherwise but with the right frame of mindset to understand that such is normal then one can easily overcome such obstacles.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds