Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you deal with negative feedback?

I'm fine for constructive criticism. I don't mind individuals proposing modifications to my question if my views contain errors in language, and I enjoy hearing alternative perspectives on my responses as long as the other person can back up their claims and does not resort to insults if I still disagree.

Advertisement Placeholder
It just depends on mindset, there's always criticism be it constructive or otherwise but with the right frame of mindset to understand that such is normal then one can easily overcome such obstacles.

It all comes down to mindset; there will always be criticism, whether constructive or otherwise, but with the appropriate frame of mind, one can easily overcome such difficulties.

6 Tips for Handling Negative Feedback
  1. Ask clarifying questions. ...
  2. Know that negative feedback isn't a personal attack. ...
  3. Ask for feedback often. ...
  4. Take time to process your emotions. ...
  5. View the feedback from your critic's point of view. ...
  6. Determine whether the feedback is constructive or destructive.

I think that if they are able to show you that they have a clear indication in their mind of what they want out of it at the end of it, and if they are able to criticize you in a constructve way then it helpful.

Every feedback is good for the growth of the business, a positive feedback shows the things you are presently doing well in, while a negative feedback will tell you things that are currently not working well in the business that needs to be worked on. It gives you an opportunity to improve on some areas of your business that will make it standout.

Receiving positive and negative feedback is a fact of life. As humans, we take pride in hearing compliments like "good," "excellent," and "keep it up."
Negative emotions are forgotten, which really strengthens our character, knowledge, and talent.

All feedback helps our business grow. Positive feedback indicates what you are currently doing well, while negative feedback indicates that your business is currently not working well or needs to be worked on. It gives you the opportunity to improve some areas that make your business stand out.

Negative feedbacks could be very hurtful but they are necessary in order for one to improve. I deal with negative feedbacks by encouraging myself to do much better.

One thing I've learnt and keep trying to do is to develop a thick skin to whatsoever is thrown at me because if I decide to react to all of them, I'll not only waste precious time but I could be hurt in the process.

As a businessman you are expected to be much aware that negative feedback will definitely comes your way one day and it's more preferable you have a second choice or better option to deal with.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds