Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you deal with negative feedback?

Nobody likes criticism but the ability to incorporate it in your work can make you stand out.

Interviewers try to evaluate if you can take criticism positively and work on your design again and again until the stake-holders are satisfied .. how can u achieve that ?
If you are using business termr for replying or dealing with negative feedback, then you can't use a rough or rude behavior. If you are going so, then it will be your loss in the business. Try to very first find out the main issues then solve it with patience.

Advertisement Placeholder
Criticism can be soul damaging and makes one effort appears fruitless. Most especially when those criticism are coming from those that should be your biggest fan and supporters such as family and friends. Through the years, I have come to realize that before I take any criticism to heart, i should know who it is coming from and Know their reason. Often times people criticize out of jealousy while others out of love. Those criticism done out of love should be accepted no matter how difficult and painful and work towards a change. Those given out of jealousy should be discarded.

Nobody likes criticism but the ability to incorporate it in your work can make you stand out.

Interviewers try to evaluate if you can take criticism positively and work on your design again and again until the stake-holders are satisfied .. how can u achieve that ?
Negative feedback are the part of criticism. There are not only people who give positive response on every thing.
But im my opinion patience is the greatest tool to handle a negative feedback. You must stay patience in that situation

I don't accept all criticism, most especially the ones that are not well constructed to enabling a review on work or business strategy.

In my little business I have tried, negative comments comes anytime and I try as much as possible to turn it a humorous one just for a cool environment. And if they are so bad criticism, I tried as much as possible to assure the customer of fixing it, even when it has little possibility.

Don't ever try to prove your accuser wrong
When your criticizer is factually wrong, the response “You’re wrong!” won’t ever be helpful. Not even if you can prove it. The key is to listen to the other person without planning your reply. Simply nodding until the other person has completely finished will make sure that your counterpart has said everything intended.

Keep it generic. This individual doesn't have any acquaintance with me and doesn't will direct my confidence, regardless. I attempt to set aside my own emotions to listen first.

Think about their goals. Ideally, they need me to gain some new useful knowledge. Most dire outcome imaginable, they scorn me and need me to change myself totally to get adequate to them. Typically, it's some place inbetween.

Gauge the input. Does it really apply to what I composed? On the off chance that they misjudged me, how might I come to my meaningful conclusion more clear? On the off chance that they can't help contradicting me, by what means may we discover shared conviction? In the event that they are basically being discourteous, would it be advisable for me to react by any means?

The best way is to listen and actually hear what's being said. Distancing your emotional self. Don't try to prove someone is wrong. Ask questions.Putting yourself in the shoes of a customer. Ask for time. Apologize. Resolve the issue quickly & fix the process

processing and acting on negative feedback is not always easy. It can make us defensive, angry, and self-conscious, which subsequently impairs our effectiveness. What’s more, we can’t take all feedback we receive at face value. While critical feedback can frequently be given objectively and with the purest of motives, it can also be inaccurate and/or nefarious in nature: a coworker who wants to throw us off our game; a boss who has completely unachievable expectations; an employee who is scared to speak truth to power; a friend who projects her own issues onto us. It’s hard to know what is real and what should be filtered out.

Criticism is a weapon for change. Criticism can be a weapon for a positive change when you accept your flaws and build on what you are been criticised on positively, there will be a positive change.
When you accept criticism with a negative mindset, there won't be a positive feedback or results.
The best way to work with criticism is to accept it in good faith.

For me criticisms is for our well being as some people take good advice from it some people start taking tension but take it positive because this will improve your work at workplace so don't take negative comments on your nerves.

Negative feedback is what we use to improve the quality of goods and services. No individual, company or organization will try to improve if they didn't think there are room for improvement.
Negative feedback is normal.

A negative feedback is truly a way to know how to make changes on your products and services. If you have a positive feedback good, if you have a negative feedback, just work on your areas of weakness and ensure you satisfy your customers in that area when next they patronize you.

Negative feedbacks help us to improve our mistakes. I didn't get any negative feedbacks yet but I am not worried about it, because if I will get any negative feedback then I will cover that mistake.

Negative feedbacks. The first thing you should know about negative feedbacks is that when you get a comment in that aspect you chill and calmly interpret the message so as to give an accurate reply so you won't stir up pent up anger in yourself and the writer and also don't address negative comments the way you address your friends.

Negative feedbacks from client or people around cannot be neglected because it is bound to happen, however it can be controlled/dealt with.
First off....
Listen carefully. The best way to receive negative feedback is to listen and actually hear what's being said. ...
Detaching your emotional self. ...
Don't try to prove someone is wrong.
Ask questions.
Putting yourself in the shoes of a customer, this is important to see things from other peoples POV.
Apologize for any inconvenience.
Resolve the issue quickly & fix the process.

Ask clarifying questions. Vague feedback isn't helpful to either party involved—the recipient doesn't know how to act on it, and thus the critic won't see the changes they expect. When accepting feedback, make sure you understand the critic’s true intent. If anything is unclear, ask questions to shed light on what specifically you can do to fix the issue or improve your performance.

Most at times negative feedbacks could be helpful in putting your business on the right track. we might get carried away buy lots of sales that we forget some of our company virtues, or we become complacent in our services. so if there is a negative feedback we could drawback to our values and make correction.

According to my opinion, the feedback mechanism is one of the most effective and reliable method for improving the quality of service. I'll handle the negative feedback by making my skills more efficient, better and according to the needs of clients.

There are different faces of negative feedbacks, some of there are for your correction and some that don't like you weather you're right or wrong, i deal very positively with both, i appreciate the one who is trying to correct me and other i simply ignore.

Negative feedback should be taken with good faith, courage and boldness.
Though feedback can be painful,but with maturity and understanding you can turn it to your advantage.
Personally negative feedback should be taken with good faith, its brings out your best making adjustment were necessary.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds