Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do employees measure the impact of their work?

You may not need numbers to measure the performances, the output of such employee is the most important. If employees are able to finish up their work within the given deadline and constantly providing desired results, then such employees are effective and seem prepared for tougher/higher positions within the organization.

Advertisement Placeholder
Workers's impact or productivity can be measured by the profits or turnover of the organization. It can also be measured from the reviews and appraisal from it's customers.

When you measure something – such as for a recipe or a construction project – it’s often a numbers game. However, when measuring human performance, you must use a combination of hard numbers and soft intuitive insights.

If the company is benefiting a lot from you, then you must be smart enough to realize this and make sure that you are performing well. I is always a good idea to remind your employer indirectly about how well you are performing. Giving such signs can make you noticeable in their eyes.

As an employee I measure the impact of my work by comparing my performance rate with my team members, if I am too slow and backward then I'll need to buckle up in order not to be seen as less efficient.
Also, through remarks from my boss or colleagues concerning my output.

When you measure something – such as for a recipe or a construction project – it’s often a numbers game. However, when measuring human performance, you must use a combination of hard numbers and soft intuitive insights.

When the business is growing in terms of more sales and profits making, it's very obvious that you can measure the positive impact of your work as a staff because if you are not successful at it, the business won't grow.

The result of the work shows whether the work has been done nicely or not. For example, you will have to see the sales in order to measure the performance of your salesman.

Som employers measure that based on the output of their workers. They can set a target for them to meet and if they can achieve that within the stipulated time, then they are considered a good employee.

It is very important to measure the employees their performance in the business or company, so that it will motivated them to do more.

Most company usually have set an objective goal for their workers. This is what they used to measure their output on average. And this make it pretty much easier to track their progress.

You measure input by the output you receive.
If you put in time, energy, intelligence into a task, the only way you get to measure the impact of these resources is by waiting on the result or output.
That would surely prove the measure of your input.

There is a set goals for the workers in a company which is used to measure their progress in output. I work in a company where you have to pack about 500 bags of sachet water in a day. Whoever pack less the amount will not receive wages.

Employees can measure their performance by checking on the results of their performance.
Good results is a measure of good performance and vice versa.
This is the only way I can measure human performance.

A salesman will measures his performance based on sales generated, a marketer will measure his performance based on the impact of his marketing campaigns .

As an employee measuring the impact of your success at work or at your organization. You shouldn't only measure the short time you use to complete the task assigned but also measure how impactful your work is to the organization.

These are the ways of measuring employees impact

1. A strategic program that’s committed to employees and the employee experience: Measure whether people use and like the program. Think registration, ongoing participation in activities or challenges, achievement of earned points, user satisfaction, organizational support and more.

2. Habits that improve well-being and are reinforced by organizational support: Measure how behavior is changing. This can include exercise, quality of sleep, financial management or work-related behaviors such as having regular one-to-ones.

3. The overall well-being of employees (the subjective sense of feeling good and living with purpose): Measure changes in whole-person well-being. Give employees the ability to self-report on physical, emotional, financial and work well-being, and answer the question, “Overall, do I have well-being in my life?”

4. Better people (HR) results: Measure how employee programs impact people (HR) results. Include metrics like employee engagement, inclusion and turnover.

5. Better business performance, higher profit margin, improved revenue and better industry-specific performance: Measure how employee programs impact the business. Include metrics like customer satisfaction, innovation, profit and growth rate that tie specifically to company goals.

An employee can measure the impact of his or her work on a business based on the growth of a business. If a business experience a rapid growth then it could be as a result of their hard work.

An employee can measure the impact of his or her work on a business based on the growth of a business. If a business experience a rapid growth then it could be as a result of their hard work.
True though, but there are certain times hard work can be put in a particular business yet there is no rapid growth, in such a case what do you think the business owner should use in measuring the growth of the business?

True though, but there are certain times hard work can be put in a particular business yet there is no rapid growth, in such a case what do you think the business owner should use in measuring the growth of the business?
In such a time when hard work can be put into a businesss yet no rapid growth, then the business owner should measure the growth of the business based on the amount of income or profit made.

In such a time when hard work can be put into a businesss yet no rapid growth, then the business owner should measure the growth of the business based on the amount of income or profit made.
Okay thanks for the tip, but what if in terms of profit, the business has not really started making much profit, but in the aspect of awareness, there is little growth. Meaning alot of persons are getting the awareness such a business exist. Can this also be considered as growth?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds