Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do employees measure the impact of their work?

I believe as an employee , We can measure the impact of our work through the production we made in the company and also through the sales of product and services.

Advertisement Placeholder
Its totally depends on the output and result of the work because the more profit or good results you get the more idea you gain about the performance.and when you dont get any benefit or positive result or company is going down at certain time then you get the idea to take some beneficial steps to over come it

I don't really know a way of measuring that but I believe everything will be clearer and easier for people to see. Employers most of the time will know when their employees is performing perfectly and when they are not.

The money that's coming in for the organisation can be use to measure the impact of an employee in an organisation, if the amount no income of the company keeps increasing , then you are contributing positively to the success of the company .

It should be measured by how much committed and dedication an employee put in their works. The impact would be shown as an outcome of the productivity that will be beneficial to the business as well.
The impact of an employee is often mentioned by the overall productivity of the company. This is a major reason why there are department and segmentation at workplaces to track performances.

I am a numbers guy
I believe that if you make the numbers it is credited to you as achievements especially if the company you're working in is a customer based institution
However it must not only be quantity but quality as well.

When you measure something – such as for a recipe or a construction project – it’s often a numbers game. However, when measuring human performance, you must use a combination of hard numbers and soft intuitive insights.
Sometimes human performance is tangible and can be quantified through methods such as number of sales etc. But in some cases, the measure of productivity is not tangible. In general, the measuring of human performance is the rate at which tasks are completed in the workplace

This is quite a big deal with most companies but I feel they should be measuring that with the inter personal relationship of the employee and the customer. And they should have a good human resource system in place.
Yes, I think the company will actually look for the performance of their employees, that is what them can measure from their employees, this will help you to get the best out from your employees.

You can't possibly measure something like that, it's not like a thing that you can use measuring tape for. The work of an employee will surely show by itself at the end of the month or year when the business evaluation is done

Measuring the impact of our work is a no-brainer. Being able to point to evidence of our effectiveness is powerful. It shows people the value of what we’ve done and gives our team a sense of pride in their work. We aim to bake measurement into every project we work on, but getting it on every project is easier said than done.

They can be measure on what do you feel towards them, or how was the impact on you in dealing to them. This things certainly cant be measured by any numbers, it might be with insight.
In some circumstance,what you can use as a yaldstick to measure how well you have been able to accomplish a given task,is to measure the success rate with a given bench mark or set goals.

When you measure something – such as for a recipe or a construction project – it’s often a numbers game. However, when measuring human performance, you must use a combination of hard numbers and soft intuitive insights.
The employees should be measured according to their honesty and interest for the job and company that they work so it doesn't matter if they make mistakes during the job, they could learn it.

Sometimes human performance is tangible and can be quantified through methods such as number of sales etc. But in some cases, the measure of productivity is not tangible. In general, the measuring of human performance is the rate at which tasks are completed in the workplace

I do not think that it is really that hard to assess your performance. If an employees know how much profits they are generating for their company, then they will realise their self-worth automatically.

I do not think that it is really that hard to assess your performance. If an employees know how much profits they are generating for their company, then they will realise their self-worth automatically.
I think from the personal level of the employee, this statement is accurate. However, the ways that I was referring to was from the perspective of an employer towards his or her employees.

Every employer during orientation of what to expect on the job or carry out roles effectively will definitely state what the key performance index is for employees and this should serve a judge too.

the result of the outcome of where you out them to work, there effect in their respective department, are they growing the company or pulling it down, then you will know their impact through that

It is entirely dependent upon the output and outcome of the task because the more success or positive outcomes you receive, the more insight you acquire into your performance. and you get the concept to take some helpful methods to overcome it when you don't receive any benefits, positive results, or your organization is declining at a given period.

Take for example i measure the impact of my work on my business every week when I check my income to know I it has increased more than the one I made the previous week .

The effect an employee has on the organization can be used to gauge their performance.
Are they showcasing and leveraging the talents they are recognized for to advance the development of the company?
If so, only then can we state that they have performed as they ought to or that they have been able to reach a certain goal.

Employees can measure the impact of their work if they are able to meet up to the expectations of their boss and if they are able to meet up to the goals that they have planned to achieve

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds