Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How are you feeling today?

Pretty good... glad it's the weekend, and I have a meet-up with my friends to look forward to :) .

I feel relieved after talking to a workforce place about unemployment options and having more of them open to me.
I really feel for a the folks today. Even though they say that "employment is improving", much of that very employment they tout are in fields that can't support a normal lifestyle.
We (my wife and I) are SO blessed that we are retired and have fantastic benefits. Did we get rich in our careers? Nope, but that's mainly because most of our careers were targeted in public service fields (read government) but we did make good investments.... and those government jobs, unless you are in the suck-ass high positions, rarely pay well. What they DO (or at least in our era, but that is being quickly removed) give you is decent benefits upon retirement. It is nice having a decent retirement check coming in and 100% of your medical covered (which as you get older increases drastically). I was fully capable of pursuing one of those "big salary" type jobs, but my interest was always more into helping our society. My younger brother makes much more than I did... but he actually has never given ANY benefit back to society. Is he happy about that? Yep, because for him, he's ALL about the mighty dollar. He never was into society in general or how to help others, it was always about what benefitted him.
It ultimately is a personal position on what you want to do... get rich or benefit society. Rarely do the two meet.
The REAL pity is that the pay for those that want to do such really sucks... and then they wonder why "government employees" tend to "fail" so regularly. Well, the simple fact of the matter is, that realistically you have to PAY to get good help. VERY rarely can you depend on those that have societal concerns joining.

I really feel for a the folks today. Even though they say that "employment is improving", much of that very employment they tout are in fields that can't support a normal lifestyle.
We (my wife and I) are SO blessed that we are retired and have fantastic benefits. Did we get rich in our careers? Nope, but that's mainly because most of our careers were targeted in public service fields (read government) but we did make good investments.... and those government jobs, unless you are in the suck-ass high positions, rarely pay well. What they DO (or at least in our era, but that is being quickly removed) give you is decent benefits upon retirement. It is nice having a decent retirement check coming in and 100% of your medical covered (which as you get older increases drastically). I was fully capable of pursuing one of those "big salary" type jobs, but my interest was always more into helping our society. My younger brother makes much more than I did... but he actually has never given ANY benefit back to society. Is he happy about that? Yep, because for him, he's ALL about the mighty dollar. He never was into society in general or how to help others, it was always about what benefitted him.
It ultimately is a personal position on what you want to do... get rich or benefit society. Rarely do the two meet.
The REAL pity is that the pay for those that want to do such really sucks... and then they wonder why "government employees" tend to "fail" so regularly. Well, the simple fact of the matter is, that realistically you have to PAY to get good help. VERY rarely can you depend on those that have societal concerns joining.
I wish I could find a job I absolutely enjoyed and had really good benefits, but I don't really have many skills and I've been in retail and the food industry all of my life. I know I could always move up in retail, but I never had much interest in management positions and don't even know if I could handle it.

I feel pretty good today, got out of the house and had some fun for once and it sounds like I may be getting hired for a job I applied to, so overall, I'm pretty happy right now.

Rather happy... my PixInsight abilities seem to be improving.
Not bad when you consider it's 1500 light years away (8,817,938,059,775,411.59 miles/9,460,730,472,580.8 kilometers)

full

Last edited:
A bit tired, but otherwise fine. Looking forward to seeing my girlfriend at the weekend again :) .

I'm exhausted from work. I'm probably going to go to bed a little earlier than usual tonight, to catch up on some sleep!

My first day off in about 2 weeks and the best thing is I have nothing planned!
So feeling pretty good at the minute.

I was feeling pretty groggy this morning from waking up so early, but now I'm feeling decent in terms of my mood.

My mental health honestly hasn't been good since the latest shooting... I need to stay off social media for a while and just focus on forums and doing other things.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds