Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hiring A Lazy Employeee! Hard Working Employee vs Lazy Employee

Well concerning your post on the comparison or should I say differences between a lazy employee and an hardworking one, well I habe to say your take was quite hilarious to be honest, one should always hire hardworking employees

Advertisement Placeholder
I keep asking myself why Big companies keep lazy Employees. A CEO of Top Tech company once said he will hire the laziest of all employees to do the hardest Job reason being that such employees due to their nature will device an easier way or technique to get the Job done which tend to be more effective and efficient using less productive hours. Most big companies outdere use this method to get job done because it's cost effective while maintaining the quality as specified by the job description. I once experiment this and the result was awesome ever since and I also noticed some companies have a ratio of lazy Employees they keep at work which ranges from 10% -20% of the total working employees.

If opportuned, Will you hire a lazy Employee to balance the work place?
I have never heard of this concept of hiring a lazy person because they will take a shortcut to do the work. I think I would still hire the hardworking employee. The lazy one may make messes while taking shortcut just because they want to finish the work on time.

There is nothing out there that is efficient or cost effective in hiring a lazy employee. A lazy employee cannot get things done because they cannot be creative like the smart ones who gets things done actually.

That assumption given by whoever you said gave it cannot be what will fly with me. It won't fly at all. That sounded like a kind joke to me. Why would I want to employ someone I know to be unserious in handling my business when I'm not gambling. Lol

I keep asking myself why Big companies keep lazy Employees. A CEO of Top Tech company once said he will hire the laziest of all employees to do the hardest Job reason being that such employees due to their nature will device an easier way or technique to get the Job done which tend to be more effective and efficient using less productive hours. Most big companies outdere use this method to get job done because it's cost effective while maintaining the quality as specified by the job description. I once experiment this and the result was awesome ever since and I also noticed some companies have a ratio of lazy Employees they keep at work which ranges from 10% -20% of the total working employees.

I really don't believe anyone is lazy while at job doing, because I only believe in result not the employee working. So if the lazy employee could give me what I want so no problem about me employing the lazy one then.

I think is not good for a company to hire a lazy employee in their company, because it can bring down fell to that company, so it is good to employ someone who can bring success in your company.

A lazy employee would contributes less to the development of the company ,i advice you actually make the choice of employing a hardworking employee to your business

A lazy employee would contributes less to the development of the company ,i advice you actually make the choice of employing a hardworking employee to your business
what makes you think a lazy employee would contribute less to the development of the company? when it comes to tangible and introduction of cost effective strategies adopted in most companies, the termed "lazy staff" are at the fore front.

Any business that wants to move to the next level should not even employ lazy employees. Lazy people brings down the image of a business and also are not willing work hard in order to make the business successful. Businesses or companies always look for dedicated and hard-working employees that will take their business to the next level.

Why hire a lazy employee in the first place, when could be gained by doing that I wonder. A lazy employee would have an effect on results as a hard-working one would also, one would be negative and the other positive so it depends on the kind of results you want
[automerge]1621791811[/automerge]
Lol this can be tricky tho because when hiring a new employee how do you know who is lazy and who is hardworking, so I think it's best to hire competent workers first and see how it goes

Last edited:
A lazy employee will slow down the growth of any business and this is one of the greatest nightmares of any business man. Hardworking employees are the best.

I think this is actually a business strategy that is also a two edged sword. It could either make the business or kill it. Lazy people have a way for finding the most easiest and less stressful way to achieve their goals. If they are given a task, and they know there is no way round it, they would look for a method that would bring the quickest results while the hard workers would do it the natural process

There is no manager that will prefer a lazy employee to a hard working employee but it is difficult to know that a job applicant will be the lazy type if not giving the job. Most people became lazy when they are employed believing that you cannot do anything to them. Lazy employees slow down the progress of any business and they should be avoided.

Wait, what!?! 😂 😂 😂 Honestly, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard! So, how does he determine at the interview stage which ones are the laziest candidates? Personally, there's no way I'd go out of my way to hire lazy employees because I'd want the most brilliant, sought-after candidates who will deliver superior quality results. Ideally, I wouldn't dwell on penny-pinching so much. I'd offer the best prospects to retain those candidates. But hey, if it works for your CEO friend and you as well, why not? Very interesting approach, though!
I don't think any serious minded employer would like to employ a lazy person into his organisation.Doing business is for serious minded individual.Except the employer wants a person that does things differentl and always have an easier alternative in acheiving his task.

Wait, what!?! 😂 😂 😂 Honestly, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard! So, how does he determine at the interview stage which ones are the laziest candidates? Personally, there's no way I'd go out of my way to hire lazy employees because I'd want the most brilliant, sought-after candidates who will deliver superior quality results. Ideally, I wouldn't dwell on penny-pinching so much. I'd offer the best prospects to retain those candidates. But hey, if it works for your CEO friend and you as well, why not? Very interesting approach, though!
The strategy does not really have a logical reason and so I do not think that even if he were able to get the most laziest employees to do the job the job will turn out very badly as I will always trust lazy employees to display their laziness in the fact that they would not actually want to do any work due to their lazy nature.

I will hire both because they are all important as far as business and running a company is concerns, there is a time that only hardwork is required and if all your employees are lazy how can you deal with that and also there is a time that what is needed to be done is urgent only those lazy can device a way of doing that so all are important.

Lazy employee will always remain lazy even though you try to strengthen him or her to work more efficiently. Companies doesn't hire lazy employees they're always concerned for the hard working ones.

As a business owner if you are keeping a lazy employee in your business, then you will have to bear the loss that comes along with it.

There is nothing out there that is efficient or cost effective in hiring a lazy employee. A lazy employee cannot get things done because they cannot be creative like the smart ones who gets things done actually.
A lazy employee has many reasons or causes. He can be an inborn lazy. He can also be disillusioned with the job that makes him lazy. Or maybe he has mental or emotional problems. At any rate a lazy employee is a liability to the company's efficiency. You either fire him out or assign him to a not critical area of the business.

Hiring both the lazy and hardworking employees has advantage but it depends on the kind of work they will, that's what will distinguish them

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds