Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hiring A Lazy Employeee! Hard Working Employee vs Lazy Employee

Yes, asking the previous employer about the input of the employee seeking for job at your company. I believe the best answer will be achieved from there.
Getting information from his past employer is the best way to know the abilities of an employee but it might be difficult sometimes when the past employer is a competitor to the business.

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends on the business or work you want to hire someone to so because there are work that don't need someone that is lazy and some need lazy people.

I think there is no better answer to your question than getting a hardworking employee. They are the bedrock for business growth.

Getting information from his past employer is the best way to know the abilities of an employee but it might be difficult sometimes when the past employer is a competitor to the business.
Hmm, then it will be better to stay anonymous when you secure a new business initiative to offer your services to and earn financial reward from it.

No sensible business manager will ever want to employ a lazy employee. A lazy employee will slow down the growth of the business. It will be very difficult to meet up with market demands when you have a lazy employee.

I can't hire a lazy employee ,after knowing fully well that he might contribute less to the development and sucess of the business I am operating

I keep asking myself why Big companies keep lazy Employees. A CEO of Top Tech company once said he will hire the laziest of all employees to do the hardest Job reason being that such employees due to their nature will device an easier way or technique to get the Job done which tend to be more effective and efficient using less productive hours. Most big companies outdere use this method to get job done because it's cost effective while maintaining the quality as specified by the job description. I once experiment this and the result was awesome ever since and I also noticed some companies have a ratio of lazy Employees they keep at work which ranges from 10% -20% of the total working employees.

If opportuned, Will you hire a lazy Employee to balance the work place?
Thanks for sharing your idea in hiring lazy employees.

It's good that in your case and in your research, it has very positive outcome.

I will also try hiring lazy people when I have my own business.

How on earth will anyone hire a lazy employee and at what time did the employer knew the prospective employee was lazy before hiring or after hiring.

How on earth will anyone hire a lazy employee and at what time did the employer knew the prospective employee was lazy before hiring or after hiring.
That is a very good question. Indeed how can an employer determine if the applicant is lazy. You only see the attitude when the person is already working in the company unless he would confess that he is lazy.

They being lazy isn't in the literal sense of it though. What he's trying to say is that they have a perfect knowledge about the job but just need quicker, easier means to get the job done.
So, if you hire a total novice or half baked person that's lazy all in the name of hiring lazy people, your business would come crashing

Definitely no business man would like to hire employees that are not hard working because they will not take your business to the next level and you lose.

I keep asking myself why Big companies keep lazy Employees. A CEO of Top Tech company once said he will hire the laziest of all employees to do the hardest Job reason being that such employees due to their nature will device an easier way or technique to get the Job done which tend to be more effective and efficient using less productive hours. Most big companies outdere use this method to get job done because it's cost effective while maintaining the quality as specified by the job description. I once experiment this and the result was awesome ever since and I also noticed some companies have a ratio of lazy Employees they keep at work which ranges from 10% -20% of the total working employees.

Interesting having lazy employees is cool but in an organization where the rate of lazy employees are more than the hard working once it will end up In disaster I think having more hard working employees and few lazy employees is ok

No sensible business manager will ever want to employ a lazy employee. A lazy employee will slow down the growth of the business. It will be very difficult to meet up with market demands when you have a lazy employee.
Well naturally people are not meant to hire a lazy people in a business but there is a saying that lazy people will find an easier way of doing things than people who are not lazy.

It depends on the business or work you want to hire someone to so because there are work that don't need someone that is lazy and some need lazy people.
There is no work that needs the services of lazy employees. Once your employees becomes lazy, the work process and progress will becomes slow and the business will struggle to meet up with the demands of the customers.

It can be very difficult to work under an employer is very abusive. They are going to make the working environment difficult for you to thrive. When you find yourself in such a situation, it'll be very good to stay calm and look out for another place.

The notion about employing a lazy fellow is a very funny one and it's the first time I am heard this. With my experience as an entrepreneur since 2010 , I have never seen a company that tend to employ lazy people into the company's workforce because the lazy employee may influence the hardworking ones.

I really do not understand how this works but I am definitely never going to employ somebody who I am sure that is lazy. A lot of people can actually be active and creative at the same time so there is no fast through.

Lazy employee will run your energy low and can also render you lazy if care is not taken. But I still prefer them to abusive employee. They are likely to be more rewarding than the abusive counterpart.

Having only lazy employees in your company or organization is not good enough because there are some department in the office that does not need lazy person to be there just try and balance them, have the lazy one and also have the hard working one too

You really can't tell if an employee is lazy or hardworking until you have worked with them for a period of time. There are too many things you discover about people when you work with them. When you know a person is lazy, you will do your best to avoid putting them on your team.
I believe that you can hire a lazy person and motivate him to be an industrious person. If after motivating the lazy person to be a hard working person then you win the battle or the situation.
[automerge]1629944621[/automerge]
Lazy employees will always drag down the success of the business. Because they will always neglect their duty, delay and not perform their obligation as expected but the hardworking ones will always promote the success of the business. and perform their duty.
You are one hundred percent correct. Lazy employees are not good people to be employed in your business. It will be a disgrace to the owner, manager and the whole company. It's better to hire industrious and hardworking employees.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds