Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hiring A Lazy Employeee! Hard Working Employee vs Lazy Employee

Hiring a lazy employee is like picking the short straw for your business. No business owner will want to sell his or herself short by doing that. One must look out for strong and serious staffs to help grow the business.

Advertisement Placeholder
Wait, what!?! 😂 😂 😂 Honestly, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard! So, how does he determine at the interview stage which ones are the laziest candidates? Personally, there's no way I'd go out of my way to hire lazy employees because I'd want the most brilliant, sought-after candidates who will deliver superior quality results. Ideally, I wouldn't dwell on penny-pinching so much. I'd offer the best prospects to retain those candidates. But hey, if it works for your CEO friend and you as well, why not? Very interesting approach, though!

The individual seeking to hire a lazy employee might have his way with such people. But the hard-working employee is still the best and can be trusted with even greater commitment. With a lazy employee, you can't be totally sure the work given to them will be perfectly done as expected.

In general, federal and state laws and regulations don't restrict a company from dismissing employees for being negative or lazy if they are employed “at-will.” That is, you signed no contract with them or a representative union. But discrimination laws do require that you apply performance standards across the board.

In programmation, complicated interface and complicated way to solve the problem is not appreciated especially if people that will use your application will be begineer at programmation or away programmation domain so employer needs the easiest solution instead of complicated solution to solve the need required by customers so lazy employees can be sometimes effective because devellopment by complex solution is not preferrable in most of time. So search complicated and most performant tasks is hardest for a simple user to understand the complicated solution.

The individual seeking to hire a lazy employee might have his way with such people. But the hard-working employee is still the best and can be trusted with even greater commitment. With a lazy employee, you can't be totally sure the work given to them will be perfectly done as expected.
I can't see my company hiring a lazy employer for any vacant company position. Even if the position is less stressful, or hassle free. I can't give it out to a lazy worker, I'll always prefer a hard working employee to take my company higher.

Wait, what!?! 😂 😂 😂 Honestly, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard! So, how does he determine at the interview stage which ones are the laziest candidates? Personally, there's no way I'd go out of my way to hire lazy employees because I'd want the most brilliant, sought-after candidates who will deliver superior quality results. Ideally, I wouldn't dwell on penny-pinching so much. I'd offer the best prospects to retain those candidates. But hey, if it works for your CEO friend and you as well, why not? Very interesting approach, though!
Thank you, very funny mindset, what I thought exactly when reading this, how on Earth will I hire a lazy worker because I believe he will do the work faster? Why not hire a hard-working person who will do the job diligently? What makes you even think a lazy person will work for faster? Lazy staff are never proactive.

I keep asking myself why Big companies keep lazy Employees. A CEO of Top Tech company once said he will hire the laziest of all employees to do the hardest Job reason being that such employees due to their nature will device an easier way or technique to get the Job done which tend to be more effective and efficient using less productive hours. Most big companies outdere use this method to get job done because it's cost effective while maintaining the quality as specified by the job description. I once experiment this and the result was awesome ever since and I also noticed some companies have a ratio of lazy Employees they keep at work which ranges from 10% -20% of the total working employees.

If opportuned, Will you hire a lazy Employee to balance the work place?
In all the business enterprises and big companies , we always have two sets of employee, the hard-working ones ones the lazy ones, hard working employers are the one that always knows the right thing to do even If you dont tell them, they know its their duty, while you have to push the lazy ones before they can work.

This is mostly about technique though. It is true that people who are lazy to do what is being laid out will go about to find the easiest route to do it. I would replace lazy with someone who is innovative as someone can be innovative and still be very vibrant and hardworking.

This is silly comparison. No one will hire a lazy person and everyone will hire a hard working person. However, sometimes hiring agents make a mistake and drop the hard working person and hire lazy person.

Hmm... Well i have not come across an employee who is lazy, so i can't really put out that way that someone is lazy, buy most occasionally he/she does not enjoy the role given.

From your post it turned out well right?. What if the company was at a point where all hands must be on deck to beat a deadline what would the company do then.

No organization will ever decide to hire a lazy employee except there is a mistake and if such a thing happens the organization has to do the need needed. Sometimes it might not really necessary that the lazy employee be sacked but may has to go through some reorientation.

Lazy employees slow down the progress of every business and they are dream killers. Every business owner should try as much as possible to avoid employees that takes their jobs lightly. If you employed lazy people, encourage them and give them time to change but if they did not change, sack them before they render your business useless.

Every reasonable business manager will prefer a hard working employee than the lazy the lazy one is of no importance to the achievement of business goals and targets but the hard working one will work with zeal to see the business growth.

No employer will like to hire a lazy employee because he or she will be a very big burden to the business. employers always look out for smart and hardworking employees in order to move their businesses forward.

If you do hire a lazy employee then it is much better to assign them a job that does not require a lot of hard work. I do not believe that any person should be fired as there is a lot of problems related to unemployement and people are having trouble finding work, so that's why I would never want to fire someone even if he or she is lazy.

Hiring a lazy employee is like picking the short straw for your business. No business owner will want to sell his or herself short by doing that. One must look out for strong and serious staffs to help grow the business.
Hiring a lazy employee is like knowingly putting your company in jeopardy, because lazy employee always draw works backward, have a non-challant attitudes towards work and doesn't care if the business goes into extinction or not.

I really agree, it's really the first time I hear a lazy employee to benefit a company :ROFLMAO:. Turning serious, based on my former country, there is only one reason why lazy employees are hired: they are member family of the owner or a politician ordered the owner to hire his protégé. This happens because in my former country this is the ordinary way to get a job: being a family member or a close friend of the owner or a chief manager or being a family member or a close friend of a politician.

I really agree, it's really the first time I hear a lazy employee to benefit a company :ROFLMAO:. Turning serious, based on my former country, there is only one reason why lazy employees are hired: they are member family of the owner or a politician ordered the owner to hire his protégé. This happens because in my former country this is the ordinary way to get a job: being a family member or a close friend of the owner or a chief manager or being a family member or a close friend of a politician.

OMG that's crazy! But i do know exactly what you mean because we have elements of that in my country. We always joke that when it comes to securing the most coveted jobs in this country, it's not what you know but rather who you know. And the sad thing is that even as they give their friends and relatives jobs and tenders, they don't bother to ensure that these people are capable of doing the job. And then they wonder why standards drop.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds