Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever gone on strike at work?

The health coalition has actually gone on industrial and performance track about two times already this year because of her but we have been treated and the failure of the government to meet basic demands.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes I have gone on strike once in my workplace when the organisation refuse to pay us salary on time we were so pissed that we went on strike.
Some employers come out with reasons that are not reasonable for their actions. They will keep feeding you with the same story for months till you decide not to go on strike.
Well I don't know if the strike you people have been going are always effective in pushing them to pay you your monthly salary, how was the result after you people have gone on the strike.

I am currently not employed but in the few places I have ever worked in, we have never gone for a strike. I think strikes usually occur as a rebellion towards something that upsets workers. So employers should listen to them. But the employees should not use violence when striking.

I remember when I was working in one company that produce tomatoes paste,they were fund of owning us always untill one very bad day that we all stop work and go on strike,but at the end they later paid.
It's good that the ending of your strike you are paid. Thanks for sharing your remembrance of your work in making tomato paste.

I don't have that experience in my workplace in real estate business. We are all contented with our salary.

I have never gone on strike because I own my business,but I have witnessed so many in my country because that is the most effective way to get attention of the government or private business to respond to there demand.

Well I don't know if the strike you people have been going are always effective in pushing them to pay you your monthly salary, how was the result after you people have gone on the strike.
There is no time that strike at work by employees doesn't yield good result because the business will lose a lot of profits and if the demands of workers are not met on time, the strike will continues.

There is no time that strike at work by employees doesn't yield good result because the business will lose a lot of profits and if the demands of workers are not met on time, the strike will continues.
Well ,but most private workers do not always have an opportunity to go and strike because your manager may decide and then that you are not interested to work with the organisation again.

Well ,but most private workers do not always have an opportunity to go and strike because your manager may decide and then that you are not interested to work with the organisation again.
A manager cannot just sack his entire workforce at once without some form of resistance from labour union. That is the reason why we have labour union who caters for the needs and welfare of both private and public enterprises.

So, have you ever gone on strike at work? If so, what were the reasons for striking from your duties? Was it an individual or team decision? Did you manage to prove your point and succeed?
I don't think I have experience strike personally but I think in my country the sector that have go on strive countless time is the educational sector, I only experience strike as a student where stuff are not being paid their salary so they have to go on strike.

My workplace is actually nice, we do not really have issues especially when it comes to payment which is one of the things that leads to strike.
Yes actually I have gone on site before on my working place one certain time that you were not pit salaries on time will have no option than to go on strike.

I have gone on strike on many occasions because I works with a government own establishment. It is a common thing in my country as government always either refuse to pay salary at all or pay as at when due. The only language the government understood is strike.
I got no experience of striking against my company where I have worked before. I have just done resignation so many times. Good to know you have experienced strike and it's a common thing in your country because companies refuse to pay salary.

The resident doctors in my work area and actually on strike right now because of the federal government's refusal to accept to their basic demand.

The main purpose of any industrial action it to drive home the demands of the majority. I have joined an industrial action before for an increase in pay that turned out productive

A manager cannot just sack his entire workforce at once without some form of resistance from labour union. That is the reason why we have labour union who caters for the needs and welfare of both private and public enterprises.
Well I don't really know the function of a labour Union but in private business organisation ,it is almost impossible for you to get cooperation just like the government work for strike.

I got no experience of striking against my company where I have worked before. I have just done resignation so many times. Good to know you have experienced strike and it's a common thing in your country because companies refuse to pay salary.
There are many reasons why workers could go in strike. Unpaid salary is just the most common cause of the strike. Workers can also go on strike because of lack of promotions and benefits.

Last edited:
In my country most organisations are always going on strike and my office is no exception. Currently the Doctors in my country are on strike.Members of my profession went on strike some months ago and lasted for almost 3 months.

In my country most organisations are always going on strike and my office is no exception. Currently the Doctors in my country are on strike.Members of my profession went on strike some months ago and lasted for almost 3 months.
LoL Nigeria?
It's quit painful when even doctors have to go on strike as well. This is a sector that should not be played with as it deals with life. But the government usually travel out for their treatment so they don't really. Care about the state of the country's health sector.

No I haven't. Doing such a thing in my country will automatically cost you your job. And it will definitely mean you have to go through the process of looking for a job again.

Yes, I have on different occasions. The first was a 7-days warning strike to protest for an increment in the minimum wage and the other was due to constant delayed payment.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds